Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 volunteering.

Default Re: F1 volunteering.

Best places to watch the action and take photos on race day...

Last edited by kiasi; 9th September 2008 at 10:43 PM.

And the ultimate best spot is of course...

Last edited by kiasi; 9th September 2008 at 10:49 PM.

The lights...

from above...

At night....

For those wondering....this is how the singapore f1 night race ticket look like....all those trying to chop carrot head on ebay cannot get rid of the tickets, nobody wants to buy, I also dunno why....got 106 ebay listings but nobody wants to bid, hahahahaha!

Last edited by kiasi; 9th September 2008 at 11:06 PM.

Some tips for the layman and spectators who want to catch the action..... best time to go is around 6pm IN THE EVENING.

You will not see any F1 cars racing on the road until then, so don't waste your time coming early. Even the earliest race will be the qualifiers at 7pm on Friday.

One advice to those going as spectators.....don't go during the hot afternoon sun, you will be exhausted by the hot sun and the food will be expensive and the souvenirs at ripoff prices. Eat at cheaper foodcourts at Funan center, Suntec city foodcourt or Marina Square foodcourt, and spend your time indoors at the aircon shopping centers until just one or two hours before the race starts, that way you will be very fresh and energised to catch the action.

wah steady... got digital flags.

so all the flaggies will be out of job ah?

anyway, i bet they will still be around to wave those damn flags huh?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    Best places to watch the action and take photos on race day...

hey, that's where i'll be... 13R... yeah baby
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    wah steady... got digital flags.

so all the flaggies will be out of job ah?

anyway, i bet they will still be around to wave those damn flags huh?

No lah... we are kiasu mah...even though digiflag is used, flaggies will still be there lah, just like they say, to 'double confirm'

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    hey, that's where i'll be... 13R... yeah baby
    steady pom pee pee! GOOD LOCATION!!!!!!

IMPORTANT! all must read, especially those going as spectators.

Latest traffic arrangements from LTA regarding F1 race. Alot of changes.

To download the pdf file from LTA, click here: http://www.lta.gov.sg/doc/F1%20Brochure.pdf
    Those who want the brochure can collect it from petrol stations and all bus interchanges.
    Last edited by kiasi; 11th September 2008 at 04:20 PM.

I'll also be working hard with REAL flags at turn 18. Yeah!

wah, you also another silent lurker ...now then you participate in this thread, people already talk until wu leng wu hong with almost 8000 views!!!

OK...who else in CS is a F1 volunteer, don't quietly lurk in the background lah, be a MAN..long zhong kah limpei fall in!!!!!

T18 is also another SHIOK location....got lots of charbor to beo and can see the cars ZOOOOM into the tunnel!!! Woooohooooo! wave your flag properly hor, must be stylo mylo because the entire grandstand is looking at you Woot!

For all the Hamilton groupies and sex crazed screaming fans who intend to stalk him....LEAKED!! ....Secret location of the 5 star hotel he will be staying in singapore. See this guy's blog for more info: http://helmiz.blogspot.com/2008/03/helmiton.html
    Last edited by kiasi; 13th September 2008 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    Those volunteers who are getting NOMEX Suit, please be wary of something. Marshal services are run by volunteers whose background you do not know at all, you have no idea if someone will take your IC and use it to apply for handphone line, credit card, cable TV, or even worse lose it, or worst case scenario, use it to borrow money from loanshark, apply for HDB flat (serious, happened before) or sell it to illegal syndicate and tell you they lost your IC. There is nothing you can do if that happens. Remember, your IC will be out of your sight in someone else's hand (you don't know who) for more than 10 hrs from 25-28 Sept every day. Alot of things can be done with your IC during that time, someone can leave the race grounds and use your IC to borrow money from loansharks during those 10 hrs. The potential fallout of what can happen with your IC in someone else's hands, especially in a stranger's hands, is very dangerous. Nowadays, even alot of condos don't confiscate IC in exchange for security pass, because many people are wary of surrendering their IC to strangers.

Those who are going to collect NOMEX suit, be warned.
    The organisers have done away with the need to exchange IC for the Nomex suit. All the Fire Marshals need to do is to sign out & in.
    Last edited by Canew; 12th September 2008 at 11:50 PM.

Well done Canew bro! Nobody should exchange IC for anything EXCEPT an M16!

Bro kiasi, I did not do anything leh.... Maybe the organisers read your rant.

Anyone went out to recce the circuit today? To tell everyone the truth, I am quite worried.

I am not joking, I am serious. I don't want to say too much.

All I want to tell singaporegp is this:
    "All parties better put pedal to the metal, otherwise ....wa nang kok kah eh bin zhu, eh sai zhun bei ki chia liao...".

Coincidentally, I also overheard two men sitting behind me on the bus talking precisely about the same thing.

Here it is, a video of a drive through the singapore f1 circuit, view from dashboard of a normal passenger car, I think you all can roughly estimate where the potential buang spots will be, this guy drive machiam he is in F1 car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AdJh5I6Bek
    Last edited by kiasi; 14th September 2008 at 10:18 AM.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922 ... LastLast