Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 volunteering.

Default Re: F1 volunteering.

Turn 1 will have much action. Need to pay attention.

For a flag marshal, turn 1 is a sibei bo eng sector, but one good thing is that your ang moh sector marshal is one of the best, so your safety and backside is protected, and the best part, especially for all the chee hong guys, your turn have the best chance to catch a glimpse the race queens lah! hahahaha! better bring binoculars!
    Last edited by kiasi; 23rd August 2008 at 02:19 AM.

Not bad lah turn 1...if you are located at T1R instead of T1L, then more shiok, can go fishing and enjoy sea breeze

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi View Post
    For a flag marshal, turn 1 is a sibei bo eng sector, but one good thing is that your ang moh sector marshal is one of the best, so your safety and backside is protected, and the best part, especially for all the chee hong guys, your turn have the best chance to catch a glimpse the race queens lah! hahahaha! better bring binoculars!
    kiasi, how do you know that the ang moh sector marshal for Turn 1 is one of the best?

I know some things lah, but cannot say too much

Trust me, turn 1 sure cannot shake leg, because you guys got the least lead time to react after flag off, but if you gel with all your team members on 30 Aug and again during shakedown, you will have no problem during D day. That's why they chose the date 30 Aug instead of after the whole thing is over. They got a reason You think they anyhow put people in turn 1? Think again...you are special breed!

Who knows, on race day maybe I will walk over to turn 1 to kaypoh and beo chiobu? *oops* give away my location liao...

I know some things lah, but cannot say too much
    OK. Bro. Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi
    Trust me, turn 1 sure cannot shake leg, because you guys got the least lead time to react after flag off, but if you gel with all your team members on 30 Aug and again during shakedown, you will have no problem during D day. That's why they chose the date 30 Aug instead of after the whole thing is over. They got a reason You think they anyhow put people in turn 1? Think again...you are special breed!
    Special breed? How would they know who to select? They see during the on-site training on 3 Aug.?

Quote Originally Posted by kiasi
    Who knows, on race day maybe I will walk over to turn 1 to kaypoh and beo chiobu? *oops* give away my location liao...
    Hehehheeee.

lai lai...got chiobu for you all to see...all these SYTs will be working on race day, swee boh? Which one you want to bring home? Suppose to have 44 of these charbors, but here only show 10, I think maybe the rest all CMI so they purposely only show a few, hahahaha! The reporter say they apply to be grid girl without even knowing how much they will be paid...hahahahaha! These type very easy for all clubsnap chee hong photographers to persuade to shoot sexy bikini pics for free...since all these girls want is just attention... remember hor, got chance must get their contact no on race day

Canew bro is damn lucky!!!! *envious*

Last edited by kiasi; 24th August 2008 at 12:51 PM.

Not so chio leh...

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Not so chio leh...
    Those really chio ones with half a brain where got do this type of job?...Bro...buay sai hiam liao lah,...BO HE HAE AR HO!!! But one thing very funny...you read the second para on right side of the article, the organiser said that these girls were chosen 'based on their personality'....muahahahahaha! I laugh until peng!!! I think you have your answer there.

Anyone feel the same way as me? It seems like they like to keep volunteers in suspense , don't let you know anything about time and location until last minute. They seem to think they are being very gracious with 3 days advance notice regarding time/duration/location. 3 days notice enough time for you all plan your own schedule bo? Wondering...you all are busy working people or got alot of free time on hand one? aka bum, unemployed, etc...

dunno whether the 30 Aug do still on or not..KNN, no sound no black white...

Not so chio leh...
    yah lor... some of them looked like cows... hahaha...

our girls really got no class at all.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

just curious... the orange overalls that we will be getting... can we keep them after the race? what about the marshal's vest/bib?

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

Wah! Bro, you comparing them to cows ah? Wah! Powerful man...

For those who want to know where are the best spots on race day,
    here's the map of the secret locations of all the gigantic lcd screens that will be installed on race day. SHIOK BO??

For those who cannot afford ticket but want to watch the action free and gatecrash to try your luck,
    I have recce very good positions at Marina Square facing Pan Pacific,
    but I will not reveal the secret locations here in case they find out about it and block it.
    All I will say is that you all go and recce the place yourself if you have the time,
    there are quite a few very good spots that they will not be able to barricade or block, heheheh!

Best locations to get BEST VIEW:
    - near gate 6, on the esplanade bridge after fullerton (there is a roof access on one fullerton btw )
    - Singapore Flyer onwards all the way until near gate 1
    - between the overhead bridges near Mandarin Oriental facing Pan Pacific Singapore

Best locations to SNAP CHARBOR (in audience):
    - in front of floating platform
    - One raffles link facing nicoll highway
    - City Hall facing Padang

Best locations to CATCH ACCIDENTS :
    - corner of singapore cricket club facing old supreme court onwards until turn after Anderson bridge
    - turn 1
    - turn 7

Best locations with GOOD FOOD & SHELTER in case of rain :
    - Marina Square
    - near gate 3, can run to City Hall (best option)
    - near gate 4, can run to Funan center, lots of food court and cheap food there, old chang kee, kfc, pizza hut, pasta, Mac etc (best option)

Last edited by kiasi; 27th August 2008 at 11:27 PM.

Actually there wont be many accidents. They've got huge run off areas like those in Valencia. The safety car wasnt even needed in the race, no red flags in any of the practice sessions. Turn 7 has a huge run off area a.k.a. escape road,

Outside of turn 1 would be tarmac area.

Not so chio leh...
    Those really chio ones with half a brain where got do this type of job?...Bro...buay sai hiam liao lah,...BO HE HAE AR HO!!! But one thing very funny...you read the second para on right side of the article, the organiser said that these girls were chosen 'based on their personality'....muahahahahaha! I laugh until peng!!! I think you have your answer there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

the outfit yikes

Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    Actually there wont be many accidents. They've got huge run off areas like those in Valencia. The safety car wasnt even needed in the race, no red flags in any of the practice sessions. Turn 7 has a huge run off area a.k.a. escape road,

Outside of turn 1 would be tarmac area.

You forgot the X factors - Night race + possible rain combo + first time digiflag + first time all teams trying out night specific technical adjustments + first time racing under artificial lighting. If any F1 driver say he is not scared, he is bluffing you.

Nowadays f1 cars cant over take. It will be more of a precession. F1 drivers are smart nowadays, they wait till pitstops to overtake.

F1 drivers are not scared. If you are scared you will retire immediately. You never ever let these things get into your head because the more you worry, the higher probability that you make a big accident. E.g. Robert Kubica canada 2007, hamilton barcelona 2008.

Lighting shouldn't be a problem. The rain will prove that there are no problems. The GPDA just needs assurances. But if the lighting does prove a problem then that would mean a change in the timing of the race next year, meaning 3pm race start time.

Initially i tot i'll at least see 1 safety car period in valencia. There wasn't even a moment to worry, except for maybe raikkonen's expired engine.

Oh yes for all marshals, please buy insurance. Last marshal to die was Monza 2001 and Melbourne 2001 when they were struck by flying f1 tyre.
    Last edited by lioneldude; 27th August 2008 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    Nowadays f1 cars cant over take. It will be more of a precession. F1 drivers are smart nowadays, they wait till pitstops to overtake.
    if this is true, then what's the point of racing? a true-blooded F1 racer would want overtaking to happen on the track and not in the pits. same goes for the fans.

F1 cars can't overtake because certain tracks design do not give opportunities for overtaking.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast