Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Statues

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Statues

    Saw this decoration on a neighbour's front yard and took a picture.

    Which version do you prefer?

    Do you like the picture at all? How can I improve?

    Thanks!

    Roy



    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Statues

    i like the first version more. the second one looks abit ghastly.

    however, the white on the left, kind of cause distraction. maybe you can shoot your statue on the left side of the frame, with contrasting dark green on the background.

    and try to place your statue on 1/3 of your frame. then the composition will definitely look nicer.


    Originally posted by roygoh
    Saw this decoration on a neighbour's front yard and took a picture.

    Which version do you prefer?

    Do you like the picture at all? How can I improve?

    Thanks!

    Roy



    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Re: Statues

    Originally posted by silver.wolf
    i like the first version more. the second one looks abit ghastly.

    however, the white on the left, kind of cause distraction. maybe you can shoot your statue on the left side of the frame, with contrasting dark green on the background.

    and try to place your statue on 1/3 of your frame. then the composition will definitely look nicer.
    Hi,

    Thanks for the feedback!

    I guess I could have moved a little to my left and then I should be able to exclude the distracting building on the left.

    I also prefer the colour version. If there are colourful flowers around the statue that would have made it better. The B&W version reminds me of the cemetry shots posted here before and that mood does not fit the statues too well.

    Should be able to try again this weekend, as this house is only 5 minutes walk from my place.

    - Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  4. #4
    ivan_limm
    Guests

    Default


    great stuff

  5. #5

    Default Re: Re: Re: Statues

    keep shOoting!

    Originally posted by roygoh
    Hi,

    Thanks for the feedback!

    I guess I could have moved a little to my left and then I should be able to exclude the distracting building on the left.

    I also prefer the colour version. If there are colourful flowers around the statue that would have made it better. The B&W version reminds me of the cemetry shots posted here before and that mood does not fit the statues too well.

    Should be able to try again this weekend, as this house is only 5 minutes walk from my place.

    - Roy
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  6. #6

    Default

    sorrie a damm newbie at this..........
    how do post a pic on this forum ?
    thanks

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Originally posted by sevenWAYS
    sorrie a damm newbie at this..........
    how do post a pic on this forum ?
    thanks
    Welcome to ClubSnap!

    To post a picture, you have to first upload it to a web server that supports direct linking.

    In your post, use the "IMG" button to add the URL to the picture that you have uploaded.

    When someone views your post, the web browser will follow the link to the image and then display it at the location of the link.

    There are some web photo hosting services that are free, but most are either not reliable or do not support direct linking.

    CS is providing web hosting service to members at a nominal fee. I don't remember the link to that thread, but if you are interested, send a PM to Darren to ask about it.

    - Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    decoration?

    hmm...i found that they are a bit....eerie...esp the B&W one

    may be becos it is 5am now

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Originally posted by Wai
    decoration?

    hmm...i found that they are a bit....eerie...esp the B&W one

    may be becos it is 5am now
    Probably because you are relating them to the statues in the Bidadari Chirstian Cemetry.

    The actual scene is quite nice. It is quite a common kind of decoration here.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  10. #10

    Default


    thanks alot for the reply !!!!!

  11. #11

    Default

    any sites where they can host the pics ????
    thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •