Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greetings... Would like to seek advise from the ladies photographers here...

Default Re: Greetings... Would like to seek advise from the ladies photographers here...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Just remember that the free tripods are usually not of the best quality and can be quite unstable. If you're not sure that you like the quality of the free tripod, an option would be to ask whether you can get a better price if you don't take the tripod. I mean...even free tripods have weight, and no point lugging that around if it's too flimsy to help in a breezy situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragnatic View Post
    try out the tripod once u confirmed ur camera and lens of ur choice. mount it on. see if its stable for ur current setup. (of cos if u intend to upgrade to bigger/heavier lenses, it might not be as good.)

if u decide not to take any of the freebies (which they'll prob give CF cards, tripod, cleaning kit, camera books, etc) perhaps u getting a better one anyway, or u'll have no need for those, ask for a better price quote like what Kirika mentioned. or u can pay the same price, but "trade in" some of the freebies for sth more useful, like maybe extra camera batt, lens hood, UV filter, dry box, etc... LOL
    Yup... I had a tripod somewhere, which was too filmsy to be used... And it was so heavy... I must have been possessed to buy that last time...

Hmm... looks like need to go with someone good at bargaining
    Last edited by Clarity; 28th February 2008 at 10:23 AM.

Default Re: Greetings... Would like to seek advise from the ladies photographers here...

Quote Originally Posted by zambik View Post
    I agree with Alpc, I just got my D40x from J 3:16, they were very nice to let me try the 40x and 400D before i made my decision today. Told them I had to go back and think again. 1 week's worth of thinking and the price for the D40x dropped by 110, lucky me! So I grabbed the D40x from them today even though the D60 is out already.

You going to Japan in 2nd week of March? You getting the camera for this trip? I would suggest you play around with it for awhile before u head to Japan.
    Actually more like in 9 days... Ha... Yup, planning on familiarising myself with it first, before going. But will still have my pns as standby

That's a very good idea. Of course, it's entirely possible to shoot raws entirely in program mode in a pinch. Spare bodies are very handy, too!

Hee, in the end, I still opt for the lighter Canon 400D

Good choice, but you may want to note that Canon's pushing out new bodies. Those come with live view, if you're into that kind of thing. Just remember that in the dSLR world, lenses take up a large proportion of the overall camera's weight. So even if you start with a light camera, your lens can still weigh you down. The faster (brighter) and more expensive high quality lenses do tend to weigh a heckuva lot more, too. Like for example, my E510 is already quite light (460g). But add the 70-300mm lens (615g) and it's a hefty lump already. However, if I go with the significantly shorter and lighter 14-42mm (190g) kit lens, it's not quite so heavy anymore.
    Last edited by Kirika; 3rd March 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Hmm, when travelling, i usually go for a sling kind of bag, so can have easier access to watever Im carrying...

But I did consider the fact that a backpack might put lesser strain on my shoulders... Hmm...
    Er, you mean a shoulder bag or those Lowepro's Slingshot??? Just be careful of your bags in certain areas/countries/etc as any bags that is not locked and you have it behind you, you might lose something... I guess I place safety above easy access... I had to place a padlock on my backpack for those places... Serious!!! I never thought I would ever come to this, but, well, I did.

Now, I am looking at a backpack, smaller than those with lappie, and this time, cannot be open unless the bag is off my back... Yup those where it opens from inside... To save me from having to padlock it...

for trendy and colourful camera bags, crumpler million dollar home series is

Quote Originally Posted by Alpc View Post
    Er, you mean a shoulder bag or those Lowepro's Slingshot??? Just be careful of your bags in certain areas/countries/etc as any bags that is not locked and you have it behind you, you might lose something... I guess I place safety above easy access... I had to place a padlock on my backpack for those places... Serious!!! I never thought I would ever come to this, but, well, I did.

Now, I am looking at a backpack, smaller than those with lappie, and this time, cannot be open unless the bag is off my back... Yup those where it opens from inside... To save me from having to padlock it...
    Lowepro Flipside 200!! I jus bought one
    Cheers,
    AdvChua

Remember that sling bags share the same weaknesses as handbags: Easy to snatch, and heavy loads invite shoulder aches.

Hi, I have got a F90S and D50. My zoom lens are 75mm - 300 mm and 28-200mm.

It's really heavy with the zoom lens on, but will always try to support my arm with something during shooting as some occassions are unable to use tripod.

I have a Lowepro's Slingshot 200 and found a disadvantage. The strip always loosen by itself. I need to "secure" (tighten it) every now and then.
    But in "action", it's more convenient then using a backpack or side bag, especially when changing lens ( I need to change from wide angle to zoom lens in the dark).

So, there are pros and cons of this bag.

Whether to get which model, I think Clarity has already decided on, and already got the camera. Please get use to the basic function as you are going to use it "immediately" after your purchase.

Next, since you are going overseas, I would advice you to make a copy of your manual and bring it along with you. Read it and play with it while on the plane / coach, get a spare battery for your trip

All the best and welcome to the Nikon family
    Last edited by emptycan69; 5th March 2008 at 02:28 AM.

Hee, in the end, I still opt for the lighter Canon 400D
    sista,

hope tat u have not make the purchase. if u have not, i would recommend u to get the 400D body ONLY with the 18-55 IS lens at about $260 and the 55-250 IS lens at about $360.

both lenses are relatively good and very light weight and cover most of the range for travelling. alternatiively, u can get the Sigma 18-200 OS or the Tamron 18-250 lens (just 1 lens instead of 2 lenses). i dunnoe their weight and image quality thou.

and i wont suggest u to get an external flash gun with u now as it will be weighing u down.

jay the killer

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Good choice, but you may want to note that Canon's pushing out new bodies. Those come with live view, if you're into that kind of thing. Just remember that in the dSLR world, lenses take up a large proportion of the overall camera's weight. So even if you start with a light camera, your lens can still weigh you down. The faster (brighter) and more expensive high quality lenses do tend to weigh a heckuva lot more, too. Like for example, my E510 is already quite light (460g). But add the 70-300mm lens (615g) and it's a hefty lump already. However, if I go with the significantly shorter and lighter 14-42mm (190g) kit lens, it's not quite so heavy anymore.
    Yup... But for now.. Juz sticking with kit lens, so still ok.. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Alpc View Post

Wow.. that is extreme measures

Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    for trendy and colourful camera bags, crumpler million dollar home series is

Me planning to get a Crumpler

Quote Originally Posted by emptycan69 View Post
    Hi, I have got a F90S and D50. My zoom lens are 75mm - 300 mm and 28-200mm.

It's really heavy with the zoom lens on, but will always try to support my arm with something during shooting as some occassions are unable to use tripod.

I have a Lowepro's Slingshot 200 and found a disadvantage. The strip always loosen by itself. I need to "secure" (tighten it) every now and then.
    But in "action", it's more convenient then using a backpack or side bag, especially when changing lens ( I need to change from wide angle to zoom lens in the dark).

So, there are pros and cons of this bag.

Whether to get which model, I think Clarity has already decided on, and already got the camera. Please get use to the basic function as you are going to use it "immediately" after your purchase.

Next, since you are going overseas, I would advice you to make a copy of your manual and bring it along with you. Read it and play with it while on the plane / coach, get a spare battery for your trip

All the best and welcome to the Nikon family

Ha.. I got Canon 400D

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Jay View Post
    sista,

hope tat u have not make the purchase. if u have not, i would recommend u to get the 400D body ONLY with the 18-55 IS lens at about $260 and the 55-250 IS lens at about $360.

both lenses are relatively good and very light weight and cover most of the range for travelling. alternatiively, u can get the Sigma 18-200 OS or the Tamron 18-250 lens (just 1 lens instead of 2 lenses). i dunnoe their weight and image quality thou.

and i wont suggest u to get an external flash gun with u now as it will be weighing u down.

jay the killer

Sigh.. Yup, wishing I had only gotten the body.. But then.. already bought.. Cos I was die die going to get Nikon D80.. So din do enuff research on 400D... So... end up, got the cam with Kit lens... But thk it will do for now.. The salesperson recommended the 55-250 IS lens to me too.. But Im thking more of getting a wide angle, if I were to get another lens, actually.. I thk Im more of landscape person... Haha

Hmmmmm.. the live view portion is very tempting
    But the viewfinder is quite small...

Wow.. that is extreme measures

Me planning to get a Crumpler
    Crumpler is gd. I like the quality and comfort it gives

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    Crumpler is gd. I like the quality and comfort it gives
    Hehe, I thk it looks nice.. Tml going to buy Citibank credit card got 10% for Crumpler @ Paragon
    Last edited by Clarity; 5th March 2008 at 05:45 PM.

Hehe, I thk it looks nice.. Tml going to buy Citibank credit card got 10% for Crumpler @ Paragon
    Chk withy TK Photo, they give good price too...
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

If I am not wrong, TK photo sells crumpler bags cheaper than the official store even after the credit card discount.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123