Thread: Which one? Oly 570uz or Pana FZ18

Default Which one? Oly 570uz or Pana FZ18

Hi Bros,

I'm thinking to get a camera for my wife whom is starting this hobby, sort of shortlist these two models, but can decides which to buy.....it for a general all round photography to start with....

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Which one? Oly 570uz or Pana FZ18

why u didnt short list Canon S5is?
    Anyway... i bought FZ18
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Default Re: Which one? Oly 570uz or Pana FZ18

Quote Originally Posted by silverarrow View Post
    Hi Bros,

I'm thinking to get a camera for my wife whom is starting this hobby, sort of shortlist these two models, but can decides which to buy.....it for a general all round photography to start with....

Thanks in advance.
    1) check out camera review sites like dpreview and imaging resource (google for their addresses, the first hit will be correct) to see what they say. these 2 review sites are free, and relatively unbiased and quite detailed.

2) go to the store and try it out with your wife. see which one she likes more.

3) make sure that you are aware of the strengths and limitations of each camera. they may look very alike on paper, in terms of megapixels, optical zoom, etc but they are not. a camera is an amazingly complex tool with a lot of parameter variances.