I know it is difficult to say which is the best. I just want something that is fast in startup, fast and accurate in autofocus, and good colors from jpg without processing. Megapixels not important so long as it's more than 3 Mega pixel. Low light with low noise is a bonus, but not essential. Optical anti shake is an important feature, points are also given for multi focus points and accurate exposures 90% of the time.
So to summarize in order of priority for a point and shoot camera:
1) small enough to put into your jeans pocket
2) fast start up
3) fast and accurate auto focus
4) fast and accurate auto exposure
5) optical anti shake (IS feature)
6) good colors without processing
7) multi user selectable auto focus points
8) face recognition
9) good low light performance with little grain/noise
10) good quality 640x480 video
Can someone recommend a point and shoot camera that satisfies the above criteria (in the order of priority) ?