Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: no DSLR camera allowed in F1 races ?

Default Re: no DSLR camera allowed in F1 races ?

Photo-rights form part of their income... e.g. who would buy posters, etc etc, if everyone just brought in their own cameras and started taking photos.

I'm not saying it is right for them to bar entry to those bringing in superteles.... but oh well. Not happy, don't even support them by buying a ticket lor. Watch the telecast on TV.

And just to add on... by being just another spectator... I think it is a little inconsiderate to other spectators if you brought in a 400/2.8 . First you might hit them. Second it blocks people's view.

So don't be an selfish ass to insist on "IT IS MY RIGHT TO TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS WITH WHATEVER EQUIPMENT I CHOOSE". There is much much more to being at a live F1 event than taking photos.

Will a Advance DSLR camera like PRO815 works then since it has built in Tele len can 60x Zoom power?

definitely bag search applied

Quote Originally Posted by zhangsky View Post
    Will a Advance DSLR camera like PRO815 works then since it has built in Tele len can 60x Zoom power?
    The Samsung Pro815 you mean? That's NOT an advanced DSLR at all, it's a basic prosumer with a 15x zoom. It does NOT have a "60x zoom" lens.
    Alpha

Will there be any shelter ?
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Will there be any shelter ?
    Only in the pit lane grandstand i think.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by zhangsky View Post
    Wow who told you that was a DSLR, and an advanced one at that...?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Must have been the uncle at the corner store in peninsula plaza... :P
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The Samsung Pro815 you mean? That's NOT an advanced DSLR at all, it's a basic prosumer with a 15x zoom. It does NOT have a "60x zoom" lens.
    if you factor in 4x digital zoom... 15 x 4 = 60x

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Thought he said is DSLR - like camera?
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    if you factor in 4x digital zoom... 15 x 4 = 60x

Thought he said is DSLR - like camera?
    No, he said "advance DSLR camera like PRO815". If you correct the grammar, it becomes "An advanced DSLR camera, like the PRO815".

As for digital zoom, that's just cropping the image.
    Alpha

Want to know the secret of becoming an official photographer for the F1? It's called: NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK. And it also helps in knowing the right people, being creative and having connections. It always helps. Give you a little hint. There is a very well known PR firm here that is handling the F1 race. Don't know if they are looking for photographers but they would be the one to handle the logistics of getting photographers to cover the race. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by shadouphotography View Post
    Want to know the secret of becoming an official photographer for the F1? It's called: NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK. And it also helps in knowing the right people, being creative and having connections. It always helps. Give you a little hint. There is a very well known PR firm here that is handling the F1 race. Don't know if they are looking for photographers but they would be the one to handle the logistics of getting photographers to cover the race. Good luck.
    Eh?

Ah Bur Den!

Networking applies to business everywhere, whether it be corporate photography, wedding photography, food or editorial photography.

The PR firm is not the only route.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

True. It's not the only route but it is one way. If you work for the press, that is also one way to get free ticket to shoot.

True. It's not the only route but it is one way. If you work for the press, that is also one way to get free ticket to shoot.
    That's work, it ain't play.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

IIRC only 2 photographers from SG will be allowed other than those 50 official photographers who cover all the F1 races in the season.

2 years ago I managed to bring a 400mm f5.6 and a 300mm f4 (with extenders) to Sepang. Used a monopod. Got away with the equipment. However I had to tip away the water in my water bottle which I did (right in front of the steward who demanded that I did ... boy, was he livid when the water splashed all over him!) Also, at the Melbourne GP, they allowed me to bring a 400mm f5.6 lens in.

However, because of the safety link chain fence surrounding the whole circuit, it is no fun to shoot the GP unless you are seated high above the fencing to get an unobstructed view which means that you are going to be far away from the track! The pros don't have this problem as they have their own spots, at the corners, where there is a space cut in the fencing to allow them to point their lenses through. They even have transport provided so that they can be ferried from corner to corner whilst the race is on (and they need the transport as they normally carry at least 2 - 4 bodies plus 2 - 3 super teles, tripods, etc.). Of course for them the danger is there as in the event of any crash, their lives are in danger - clear unobstructed views means there is nothing to prevent a car from crashing right into them!

I tried to buy a photographer' pass from the race organisers but was not able to although I am very close to them so good luck to those who think they can do it. Formula 1 is a very organised outfit and they have long learnt how to make every buck from whatever sources they can! Including scalping wannabe photogs like you and me!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345