Thread: Sakura Season, hotel recommendations?

Default Sakura Season, hotel recommendations?

Hi People,

I am THINKING of planning a trip to catch sakura in Japan. Dunno if I should go F&E as my wife is pregnant. She will be in her 2nd trimester so should be ok right?

So looking for some hotel recommdations. Thinking of going up Tohoku. Anyone did a F&E travel by rail up Tohuku and most impt of all, any good hotels which is VERY NEAR the rail station? My wife might not be able to carry any luggage so it will be poor me lugging almost everything.

Just need a clean place with private baths.

Else maybe just grab a tour package. With the upcoming Natas fair, any good offers??

Default Re: Sakura Season, hotel recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Hi People,

I am THINKING of planning a trip to catch sakura in Japan. Dunno if I should go F&E as my wife is pregnant. She will be in her 2nd trimester so should be ok right?

So looking for some hotel recommdations. Thinking of going up Tohoku. Anyone did a F&E travel by rail up Tohuku and most impt of all, any good hotels which is VERY NEAR the rail station? My wife might not be able to carry any luggage so it will be poor me lugging almost everything.

Else maybe just grab a tour package. With the upcoming Natas fair, any good offers??
    i think you will be better off with a group tour especially with your wife on 2nd trimester. at least there will be fellow tour members and more importantly a singapore guide and a japanese guide on hand should your wife require any attention or assistance especially with the language part.
    Last edited by jfoo; 26th February 2008 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Hi People,

from my own limited travelling experience in Japan, most hotels near major stations are reasonably clean and hassle free, unless you're going to more rural areas. but even the most backward hotel i've stayed in (in Ise) is reasonably comfortable. btw, Tohoku is a big area, train frequencies can be quite low in places away from bigger cities.

thanks for all the replies. I think I should do a package tour... safer...

Anyway DBS is having $250 off per couple for ANA tour packages.

kinda late to be booking now. Its very diff to get tickets during the golden week as you have to compete with the locals. I think a group tour would be better..

Wife's pregnant? Pardon me but shldn't more important things come first? Like the baby....

doctor say ok to travel. 2nd trimester should be stable.

next time got kid, harder to travel....

Thinking of going after 7th April. Not golden week, Japan golden week is first week of May right?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Wife's pregnant? Pardon me but shldn't more important things come first? Like the baby....
    generally, 2nd trimester is fine to travel
    새해 복 많이 받으세요 :lovegrin: