Thread: Fishy ... 40D @ 1200

Default Fishy ... 40D @ 1200

The price is $1200 SGD. Shipping and insurance is free. I will ship it via UPS 2 Days Air so it will take maximum 2 business days to reach you. The item is brand new, sealed in the original box with all the original accessories. It also comes with 3 years warranty. you have 7 days to inspect the item. If anything is not as specified or if the item doesn't work properly you can send it back and receive a full refund. the transaction will be made through eBay so if you are interested in buying the item you have to send me your full name and shipping address so I can contact eBay to send you an invoice for your purchase. this way we will both be granted protection.
    My friend send me an e-mail about someone posted a 40D price @ 1200,
    is it a grey set or a cheater ??
    Canon User Since SLR 888
    Owner of 5D mark III

Default Re: Fishy ... 40D @ 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Love_sky View Post
    My friend send me an e-mail about someone posted a 40D price @ 1200,
    is it a grey set or a cheater ??
    yeap, i read before this.
    Is the US Display set & sent back mfg to re-new before for re-sell it agin to the market.
    But question the location is from China ? or some other eu country?

But is TRUE, sound really interesting (with +++ acc & warranty & $$$)
    pa pa
    D.T

I'm not sure, but if it's authentic and has warranty, then it's a really good deal. 2nd prices haven't even gone that low yet.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Doesn't really sound like a scam price.

To be extra sure, contact e-bay with all the details of the offer, including the item # no, as well as a copy of whatever e-mails the seller provided. Ask e-bay to check and verify, and what would happen if the product isn't as described, incomplete, faulty etc. What are your refund avenues?

Sounds familiar to me... in a rather weird way.

I saw a listing on Amazon.com (third party selling on Amazon) selling 5D at $1,300 USD new unopened in box. I quickly contacted the seller and he replied via email on the details of the package and told me that if i am OK with the deal, I need to send him my full name and address he will contact Amazon to send me an invoice. And... I did. Guess what? The Amazon invoice email came shortly after, right into my Gmail Spam box (the email is phished, meaning it appears that it is sending from Amazon but the headers are modified - pretty easy to do this using simple programming). It is asking for payment via Western Union! OK, that's the end - same old rule applies - if a deal is too good to be true, it probably is.

The seller's email name is Rodica Minune, if that is helpful to anybody at all.

EDIT: Sorry, not here to throw cold water at the party. Just thought that you may want to take note of my case so that you can be cautious in yours. Hope this helps!

EDIT: By the way, the obtaining of full name and address is to make the spoofed Amazon email looks real, as if Amazon sent it to me using the information from my Amazon account.
    Last edited by sgphotographer; 24th February 2008 at 07:55 PM.
    Canon EOS 5D MK I | Nikon D40

D300 for US$800 but must send money using western union remittance to Nigeria. You try that on harwarezone , you will never see the camera or money again. Beware of this scammers. My friends got ripoff thinking it is a good buy.

Check ebay to see the negative reports of the seller and get ebay to verify the authencity.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

I don't dare to buy.. Ebay always got scam de.. >.<

To be safe, stay away... If you decide to take the risk.. Well, you will be at risk.. (or your friend..)
    Meow!

dont be greedy.most ly all theis is scammers.alwasys buy when u can really feelif not get someone there to buy on behalf.internet scammers too many!price is too good to be true.

My rule of thumb:
    "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't"

But then again, u can have the benefit of doubt....juz share wif us the good news if its true! =)

It's too real to have such nice deal ...

Call my friend to e-mail back to them with all the "bad" words ...

Thks
    Canon User Since SLR 888
    Owner of 5D mark III