Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 126

Thread: Worst Airshow I have been!

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    me and my friends reached there at 12:15pm.. we stand on the beach to shoot.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    No more Air-show for me. Worst of the lot.

    I was on my way to Pasir ris interchange when my friend called and say the queue is 2 rounds. I quickly got off my bus and hail a cab. The driver didnt even charge me the surcharge so I paid only $9.60.

    The queue to get in was chaotic. There was no clear queue lines and all depends on "heng suay" on which line you queue. And they didnt even bother to check the tickets.


    The sky today was a plain white sheet. Cant even really see the planes and smoke, let alone shooting. I left after the Black knights display and get some Air-con cooling inside.

    The static display area is also chaotic. We manage to get inside the boundary and climb into planes to shoot. Many others also did the same. The marshall and police dont even bother.

    When its time to go home, the bus ride was hell. I was on the front of the queue and yet cant get a seat for my sleeping son. The chao ah beng police let everyone from the sides to board the bus but stop me when I move forward.

    I had to stand all the way to pasir ris and the SBS uncle driver is unqualified to be a driver at all. Bus Jerks all the way from CEC to Pasir ris. A-con not working or undersize. I was wet to the undies when I reach pasir ris.

    The organizer CMI. Praying hard this bunch of monkeys will not handle the Youth olympic or the F1 else it will be the 1st and last for Sg.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Quote Originally Posted by teowws View Post
    if the aerial display have 2 session each day then anyone missing the 1st one can just wait for the next one coz i feel that the jam is not becoz of the static display but the aerial display.
    the previous airshow they and 2-3 display thru the day.. 11am, 2pm , 4pm..

  4. #24

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    No more Air-show for me. Worst of the lot.

    I was on my way to Pasir ris interchange when my friend called and say the queue is 2 rounds. I quickly got off my bus and hail a cab. The driver didnt even charge me the surcharge so I paid only $9.60.

    The queue to get in was chaotic. There was no clear queue lines and all depends on "heng suay" on which line you queue. And they didnt even bother to check the tickets.


    The sky today was a plain white sheet. Cant even really see the planes and smoke, let alone shooting. I left after the Black knights display and get some Air-con cooling inside.

    The static display area is also chaotic. We manage to get inside the boundary and climb into planes to shoot. Many others also did the same. The marshall and police dont even bother.

    When its time to go home, the bus ride was hell. I was on the front of the queue and yet cant get a seat for my sleeping son. The chao ah beng police let everyone from the sides to board the bus but stop me when I move forward.

    I had to stand all the way to pasir ris and the SBS uncle driver is unqualified to be a driver at all. Bus Jerks all the way from CEC to Pasir ris. A-con not working or undersize. I was wet to the undies when I reach pasir ris.

    The organizer CMI. Praying hard this bunch of monkeys will not handle the Youth olympic or the F1 else it will be the 1st and last for Sg.
    i think only taxi from CEC than got surcharge of $8. going there by cab don't think have surcharge. lol u have strong will power, i see the crowd outside the CEC already i give up go back coz i know its gonna be hell if i stay longer.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    New organiser this year after the previous exhibitor 'abandoned' the show. All the press reports about how good this year's airshow is etc especially since it's organised by a govt organisation.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    I saw one uncle grumbling from amongst the crowd: "Terrible Terrible! You all (the crowd control staff) must do something. The organization is really bad."

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    i still waiting for the stomp pics... where are the stomp pics!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Thanks for the feedback. It helps the rest of us who are still thinking of whether to go. So don't bother to go after what you have described.

  9. #29
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    We're talking about the Singapore Airshow during the public days. The Singapore Airshow just excel during the trade days and on public days, it fails miserably.

    This is not a hiccup, the patient is in ICU on the word go.

    I paid $20 and was herded like sheeps and refugees fleeing a country. The crowd management is worst then the RSAF, Navy and Army open house and the events were free.

    If it's just $20 to some people, please PM and give me $20 and I'll pick it up from your home.

    Even the Singapore F1 and Singapore Flyer have so called hiccups, there is no room for that as bad information travel fast with the internet.

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tony_teo View Post
    I guess we'll have to give the organisers a bit of slack. This is the first show at a brand new venue. Bound to have some hiccups. Overall, I think it was better than at the old site.

    I went there on Thusrday. I found the registration a breeze. I got a ticket through SMS. Place the phone, with the SMS showing, against a reader and the ticket was printed! Was real impress with the technology. Very much faster than at the last show. I had a car pass, so did not experience any transport problem, smooth traffic from Bedok to the site at about 11am. Parking was OK, managed to find a slot within 5 min. Had to walk a bit, no big deal. As for taxis, I saw the stream of taxis waiting to pick up passengers, so I suspect the wait time to be minimum.

    I'm going again tomorrow, but do not have a car pass this time round. Will have to take a taxi. Hope no issues.

    As for the organiser, Jimmy Lau has already adminted there there were some lessons to be learnt. I've work with him on the '94 show, I'm sure he will follow up and do a better job the next time round. Besides, from the feedback here, seems like most of the problems is with our boys from the Home Team. Don't know if the organisers have control over them.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 24th February 2008 at 08:41 AM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    the fact is, who cares about us ordinary citizens ? everywhere crowded, queues and in this hot and humid climate, tempers sure fly ...

    anyways, the airshow is all about money...

    http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...223-51070.html

    for those who want to see the aerial display, just view the podcast by clicking on this link.

    http://www.asiaone.com/specials/singaporeairshow/
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    there were queues and it moved pretty fast in the beginning when everything was in order. then the chaos happened when people started to cut queues, jump queues and start to mess up the system. I would say that they were trying to control, but how the f**k are you going to control when people are not listening? I seen several people blasting the officers about the long queues distracting them which allowed some of the people to slip through the barriers. How do you manage to control the crowd when they do not listen.

    Hell, there are enough buses to bring everyone back and all they need to do is to listen to instructions and be patient and everything will go smoothly. Kiasuism at its very best I say. I really salute the people who tried to maintain order yesterday. Probably if anyone manages to see the video that some of the plain clothes personnel were taking that day, the blame should be on the people and not on the staff, the ugly side of SG is clearly there.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    going there was a breeze for me. boarded the bus at Swissotel Stamford @ 9am. reached the site at around 9.45am. managed to check in 15 minutes later. something that pisses me off during check-in... they don't even bloody care to check the tickets. so, i've wasted $40 for them.

    next, the static display was a disappointment too. year in year out... keep on seeing the same items on displays. the only consolation was the Chinook. then come the aerial display, though the show was good, the weather on the other was sucky... bad for photography. can hardly see the trailing white smoke from the planes against the white-washed sky.

    i think the aerobatics teams should change to coloured smoke for the sake of the viewers. anyway, enough said.

    then going back time. i started to make my move right after the aerial display. woah... human jam even in going out. the going out crowd and coming in crowd shared the same walkway. obviously, there would be a huge jam lah.

    never mind. just have to bear with it. the crowd move inch by inch. i managed to take a look from somewhere in the middle of the crowd at what is keeping the queue from getting out of the walkway in front. because, i can see people are walking freely after the exit. so it doesn't make sense why the queue is moving so slowly.

    when i reached the front... there's a chained barrier preventing people from getting off the walkway smoothly. people have to high-step the chains and kids have to be carried off the ground. i'm wondering why don't these people just remove the chains. something which puzzled me till today.

    i don't even want to go into the queuing for the bus home. total chaos. it's really a mad house there.

    what a truly disappointing outing on a saturday. money and time not well spent.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    there were queues and it moved pretty fast in the beginning when everything was in order. then the chaos happened when people started to cut queues, jump queues and start to mess up the system. I would say that they were trying to control, but how the f**k are you going to control when people are not listening? I seen several people blasting the officers about the long queues distracting them which allowed some of the people to slip through the barriers. How do you manage to control the crowd when they do not listen.

    Hell, there are enough buses to bring everyone back and all they need to do is to listen to instructions and be patient and everything will go smoothly. Kiasuism at its very best I say. I really salute the people who tried to maintain order yesterday. Probably if anyone manages to see the video that some of the plain clothes personnel were taking that day, the blame should be on the people and not on the staff, the ugly side of SG is clearly there.

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  14. #34

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Similar things would be expected for F1 and any other major events in Sg. Majority of the citizens are already bored of what the island have to offer so whenever there is something new, everybody is there. I wouldn't dare to imagine whats gonna happen in 2010.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Since I happened to pass by and intended to go today, I withdraw my idea after seeing this!

    Some photos to share!





  16. #36

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Quote Originally Posted by sc360 View Post
    Since I happened to pass by and intended to go today, I withdraw my idea after seeing this!

    Some photos to share!



    Oh no, what time is this when you took the photos?

    I thinking of just going in the afternoon to see the static display, didn't manage to sell my tickets, so don't want to waste it. I still thinking, should I or should I not go??

  17. #37

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Quote Originally Posted by ABCDE View Post
    Oh no, what time is this when you took the photos?

    I thinking of just going in the afternoon to see the static display, didn't manage to sell my tickets, so don't want to waste it. I still thinking, should I or should I not go??
    12:30pm yesterday.

  18. #38
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Former CS Senior Member
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    last time the airshow was organised by Reeds International in which they've shifted to Hong Kong. this year organiser not that good judging by responses from CSers. did spoke to one of the big guy from Reeds, saying someone locally wanted the big pie so they had to shift ................expected anyway.........

    guess i'll forgo this year(tomorrow's) show.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    last time the airshow was organised by Reeds International in which they've shifted to Hong Kong. this year organiser not that good judging by responses from CSers. did spoke to one of the big guy from Reeds, saying someone locally wanted the big pie so they had to shift ................expected anyway.........

    guess i'll forgo this year(tomorrow's) show.
    heard that Reeds disagreed with government's move to the new location so they had to move?

  20. #40
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Former CS Senior Member
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: Worst Airshow I have been!

    quite true. but true story is even longer........ sorry cannot reveal anything.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •