Thread: The Black Knights

Default The Black Knights

i'm just thinking out loud... i know that the Black Knight pilots... besides playing a role in performing aerial stunts, they also serve and protect the nation.

but hor, if there is a sudden emergency... will the Black Knights F-16s be deployed into action? if they do, will they dog-fight in their current livery?

or are they exclude from action totally?

Default Re: The Black Knights

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i'm just thinking out loud... i know that the Black Knight pilots... besides playing a role in performing aerial stunts, they also serve and protect the nation.

but hor, if there is a sudden emergency... will the Black Knights F-16s be deployed into action? if they do, will they dog-fight in their current livery?

in time of war... i think they will kena deployed lah, but now, deploy them to where?

and you think dogfight got so 'artistic' meh... see too much movie liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I heard that they are fully active pilots, and that the BKs are put together only when there is a need. I'm sure the planes get a different look as and when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I heard that they are fully active pilots, and that the BKs are put together only when there is a need. I'm sure the planes get a different look as and when needed.
    You are correct. The pilots are from active units and are taken out only for the aerial shows like these. Planes on the other hand, are kept dedicated.

u all dunno ah ... there is some kind of automatic car wash for F16: u go thru it u come out with the livery of choice - be it for airshow or war or tsunami aid etc etc ... BTW this is top top secret ... so cant tok too much and certainly no pics ...

Fighter planes usually fly in flights of 4 in the finger 4 formation with 2 two trailing plane sprotecting the "6" of the leading plane & his wingman.

As these aerobatics pilot are good, they will surely be deployed for combat duties since their flight skills are useful fordog fights.
    hasta la justicia siempre

do you think our 'capable' defence force has only 6 pilots?

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

hello, the whole air force consist of hundreds of planes and numerous pilots.. in Singapore, every day there is someone in every unit on standby for war even on Chinese New Year.. National Day .. etc.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 23rd February 2008 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    hello, the whole air force consist of hundreds of planes and numerous pilots.. in Singapore, every day there is someone in every unit on standby for war even on Chinese New Year.. National Day .. etc.
    Yes and that stinks if your unit do not have any other color code to "replace" you during your so call big "holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i know lah... what i meant is that, will the Black Knights F-16s be called upon to do active duty in times of need. i know that the pilots will but the planes?

you can never have enough hardware to go around.

don't get too defensive lah.

People,

the pilots are from active units
    the planes are from active units
    Just for the airshow they are painted airshow BK colors

So in a case of sudden emergency....
    there are pilots and aircraft on standby 24/7 on the ground which will be activated to take off; to intercept the threat
    then some of you will ask, why is USA flying BARCAP and EBARCAP, etc
    we are not in warzone, we are not imposing a noflyzone. So there isn't a need to keep the aircraft in the air all the time.

In the case of BK flying and a sudden emergency, BK will not be activated to go and intercept...
    other planes will be activated instead.
    into the details i cannot say more.

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    u all dunno ah ... there is some kind of automatic car wash for F16: u go thru it u come out with the livery of choice - be it for airshow or war or tsunami aid etc etc ... BTW this is top top secret ... so cant tok too much and certainly no pics ...
    Good one!

Black Knights took 7years training for aerobatic display ?
    Red Knights sound better cos the planes in red & white color (SG national color)