Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covering a Wedding - Which bag to use?

Default Re: Covering a Wedding - Which bag to use?

I'm using the ThinkTank Photo modulus pouch system for my event shooting needs. (see here)

Their modulus components (belt system) is by far the most ergonomic I've used. Tried Lowepro for awhile, hated it. I will be sticking to this for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ptyap View Post
    OK. Will visit the shops and check out the pouches. Let's hope it's not gonna be that expensive.
    ok la. u got the $$$.

I use a Safrotto, a Domke F2 clone, I think?

I don't usually carry bag around to shoot. Just put one corner and take out what's necessary. Many wedding photographers do that.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    ok la. u got the $$$.
    No money leh...

i use a lowepro offtrail 2 belted around my waist. gives me instant access to a change of lenses and it allows me to move about nimbly (:

Smile Re: Covering a Wedding - Which bag to use?

a vest with multiple pockets is useful.

ok just shot backup at an AD today, carried all the equipment in my signature in a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 200. Just some comments

I did not bring the lens hood of the 70-200 f/4. I anticipated that the lens wouldnt see much action in a hdb flat, but the bigger reason was that the hood would be a bit too wide for the current configuration of my bag.. it was either this or the hood for 24-70.. which i used all the time.

The bag was already bulging with the load, mostly along the sides..but the bag is flexible and if u choose not to zip up the main cover, u can actually have upward-protruding elements.

Most of the time once i'm in the bride or groom's house, the bag is somewhere on the floor, hidden in corner.. i only walk over when i need some stuff from it...once in a while i would shoot with the 50, and tight situations, the 10-22 is deployed. Other than that, 24-70 most of the time.

Bag's weight is not a concern @ this pt of time since i handsling the body and 24-70 n flash..bag is now light.

tmrw evening is the dinner, i would probably still bring this bag..though i would not mind my compurover as well, which might be an overkill...heh
    Canon: 5DMkIII, 7D, 2470f2.8L, 50f1.8, 70200f2.8L IS II, 430EX II, 600EX
    kineticexpressions.org

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    ok just shot backup at an AD today, carried all the equipment in my signature in a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 200. Just some comments

I did not bring the lens hood of the 70-200 f/4. I anticipated that the lens wouldnt see much action in a hdb flat, but the bigger reason was that the hood would be a bit too wide for the current configuration of my bag.. it was either this or the hood for 24-70.. which i used all the time.

The bag was already bulging with the load, mostly along the sides..but the bag is flexible and if u choose not to zip up the main cover, u can actually have upward-protruding elements.

Most of the time once i'm in the bride or groom's house, the bag is somewhere on the floor, hidden in corner.. i only walk over when i need some stuff from it...once in a while i would shoot with the 50, and tight situations, the 10-22 is deployed. Other than that, 24-70 most of the time.

Bag's weight is not a concern @ this pt of time since i handsling the body and 24-70 n flash..bag is now light.

tmrw evening is the dinner, i would probably still bring this bag..though i would not mind my compurover as well, which might be an overkill...heh
    Thanks for sharing this firsthand experience!
    Last edited by ptyap; 25th February 2008 at 06:42 AM.

all the best , u are the man bro..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12