Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Hi, I am not sure whether I can make it there, but I am interested to know where I can park my car and how to meet up with you all if I can make it there. Any directions for me....
    Thanks.
    for those who wants to drive and get free parking, you can come from CTE, exit AMK Ave 5, turn towards Seagate and YCK Rd. After you passed Seagate, turn left onto YCK Rd. Then, you need to turn right immediately into Gerald Dr. This right turn is very near, so don't miss it! Travel along Gerald Dr and you'll hit a T-Junction. If you turn left, you'll be crossing the river canal (on your left) over a bridge. If you turn right, it'll lead you right into the kampong. I'd suggest that you go straight a little (although it's a T-Junc!). You'll hit a wide dirt track with the river canal running alongside on your left. There, you can park anywhere by the roadside. Or if you wanna be safe, make the left turn and park amongst the private houses further up. You will need to walk 5 min to get back to the kampong entrance. I've suggested to the organiser to meet at a bus-stop (within view from the T-Junction) instead of at Buangkok MRT cos it's much nearer. Let's see what he says.
    Sony ɑ55V || Sony 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 || Minolta 28mm F2.8 || Minolta 50mm F1.4 || Minolta 70-210mm F4

Quote Originally Posted by sytan81 View Post
    for those who wants to drive and get free parking, you can come from CTE, exit AMK Ave 5, turn towards Seagate and YCK Rd. After you passed Seagate, turn left onto YCK Rd. Then, you need to turn right immediately into Gerald Dr. This right turn is very near, so don't miss it! Travel along Gerald Dr and you'll hit a T-Junction. If you turn left, you'll be crossing the river canal (on your left) over a bridge. If you turn right, it'll lead you right into the kampong. I'd suggest that you go straight a little (although it's a T-Junc!). You'll hit a wide dirt track with the river canal running alongside on your left. There, you can park anywhere by the roadside. Or if you wanna be safe, make the left turn and park amongst the private houses further up. You will need to walk 5 min to get back to the kampong entrance. I've suggested to the organiser to meet at a bus-stop (within view from the T-Junction) instead of at Buangkok MRT cos it's much nearer. Let's see what he says.
    thanks bro. Now I know...
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

Thanks a million

can i go along? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by jungsangchoe View Post
    can i go along? hmmm

Just be there, on time..... and look for the group with difference Camera Bag

Scuba & Father... For Life

Deregistered

hi guys , thanks for sytan81 for the information of the location of mmeting place which will save us lots of trouble . will be working out with him the excat location of the busstop he mention at Yio chu kang

noted with thanks

ok noted so its yck mrt? hmmm

Just went on a job shoot there today. Excellent place. But I was only at the outer part cos that's the location of our shoot...
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

i want to go this places but I am working. Any street map location? Will try to go on my offday.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

for those who require some directions, here it is:

You can take Bus 70 or 70M from either YCK MRT Bus Interchange or Serangoon MRT. Use the Petrol Kiosks as your landmark signals to alight from the bus. The bus journey should take 15 - 20 min, depending on traffic.

For those driving, I've designated an area where you can park for free, but you'll need to walk 5 min to get back to the Kampong entrance. Alternatively, you can park along the gravel road / dirt track marked by the Red Star.

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    Just went on a job shoot there today. Excellent place. But I was only at the outer part cos that's the location of our shoot...
    oh! no wonder I saw a huge Silent Generator and lotsa light there last night.. it was somewhere near along the river canal right?
    Last edited by sytan81; 20th March 2008 at 05:08 PM.
    Sony ɑ55V || Sony 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 || Minolta 28mm F2.8 || Minolta 50mm F1.4 || Minolta 70-210mm F4

Deregistered

the meeting place would be at the bus stop near shell pertrol kisok , 29th aug 2008 at 930am . pls see location than for the help of the map sytan81

is anyone meeting at yck to take the bus? 70? hmmmm coz im goin that way..

Quote Originally Posted by sytan81 View Post
    oh! no wonder I saw a huge Silent Generator and lotsa light there last night.. it was somewhere near along the river canal right?
    Yeah, the 1st house from the entrance. Haha. You pass by there to and from work everyday?
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

Deregistered

would be coming down from airport that morning , let me know if anyone needs a lift

Quote Originally Posted by generalsales View Post
    the meeting place would be at the bus stop near shell pertrol kisok , 29th aug 2008 at 930am . pls see location than for the help of the map sytan81

Ok.... so is this a confirm change in meeting place ?? Or are we meeting at location (petrol station - Shells)??

Best if everyone knows where to meet or wait.....

For me, I'm going to YCK station to take bus 70. Will be at the station by 0845hrs.... and will leave with the next bus....

Anyone following.... be at YCK by 0845hr.... will wait no more than 15mins....

1) diver-hloc
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Ok.... so is this a confirm change in meeting place ?? Or are we meeting at location (petrol station - Shells)??

Best if everyone knows where to meet or wait.....

For me, I'm going to YCK station to take bus 70. Will be at the station by 0845hrs.... and will leave with the next bus....

Anyone following.... be at YCK by 0845hr.... will wait no more than 15mins....

1) diver-hloc
    2) xjasonz
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    hopefully i dont oversleep.......
    When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by generalsales View Post
    hhmmm....29 Aug 2008 or 29 March 2008

Quote Originally Posted by damnblur View Post
    hhmmm....29 Aug 2008 or 29 March 2008

its on the 29th...sunday
    When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    Yeah, the 1st house from the entrance. Haha. You pass by there to and from work everyday?
    yeap.. I go by Gerald Dr everyday..

Quote Originally Posted by xjasonz View Post
    its on the 29th...sunday
    hmmm... 29th Mar 08 is a Sat..

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast