Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 171

Thread: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Hi, I am not sure whether I can make it there, but I am interested to know where I can park my car and how to meet up with you all if I can make it there. Any directions for me....
    Thanks.
    for those who wants to drive and get free parking, you can come from CTE, exit AMK Ave 5, turn towards Seagate and YCK Rd. After you passed Seagate, turn left onto YCK Rd. Then, you need to turn right immediately into Gerald Dr. This right turn is very near, so don't miss it! Travel along Gerald Dr and you'll hit a T-Junction. If you turn left, you'll be crossing the river canal (on your left) over a bridge. If you turn right, it'll lead you right into the kampong. I'd suggest that you go straight a little (although it's a T-Junc!). You'll hit a wide dirt track with the river canal running alongside on your left. There, you can park anywhere by the roadside. Or if you wanna be safe, make the left turn and park amongst the private houses further up. You will need to walk 5 min to get back to the kampong entrance. I've suggested to the organiser to meet at a bus-stop (within view from the T-Junction) instead of at Buangkok MRT cos it's much nearer. Let's see what he says.
    Sony ɑ55V || Sony 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 || Minolta 28mm F2.8 || Minolta 50mm F1.4 || Minolta 70-210mm F4

  2. #82
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by sytan81 View Post
    for those who wants to drive and get free parking, you can come from CTE, exit AMK Ave 5, turn towards Seagate and YCK Rd. After you passed Seagate, turn left onto YCK Rd. Then, you need to turn right immediately into Gerald Dr. This right turn is very near, so don't miss it! Travel along Gerald Dr and you'll hit a T-Junction. If you turn left, you'll be crossing the river canal (on your left) over a bridge. If you turn right, it'll lead you right into the kampong. I'd suggest that you go straight a little (although it's a T-Junc!). You'll hit a wide dirt track with the river canal running alongside on your left. There, you can park anywhere by the roadside. Or if you wanna be safe, make the left turn and park amongst the private houses further up. You will need to walk 5 min to get back to the kampong entrance. I've suggested to the organiser to meet at a bus-stop (within view from the T-Junction) instead of at Buangkok MRT cos it's much nearer. Let's see what he says.
    thanks bro. Now I know...
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  3. #83
    Member/Tangshooter mapper48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Joo Chiat Place
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Thanks a million

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    1,229

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    can i go along? hmmm

  5. #85
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by jungsangchoe View Post
    can i go along? hmmm

    Just be there, on time..... and look for the group with difference Camera Bag

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  6. #86
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    a little dot in singapore
    Posts
    1,699

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    hi guys , thanks for sytan81 for the information of the location of mmeting place which will save us lots of trouble . will be working out with him the excat location of the busstop he mention at Yio chu kang

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    1,229

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    noted with thanks

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    1,229

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    ok noted so its yck mrt? hmmm

  9. #89

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Just went on a job shoot there today. Excellent place. But I was only at the outer part cos that's the location of our shoot...
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  10. #90

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    i want to go this places but I am working. Any street map location? Will try to go on my offday.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  11. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    for those who require some directions, here it is:



    You can take Bus 70 or 70M from either YCK MRT Bus Interchange or Serangoon MRT. Use the Petrol Kiosks as your landmark signals to alight from the bus. The bus journey should take 15 - 20 min, depending on traffic.

    For those driving, I've designated an area where you can park for free, but you'll need to walk 5 min to get back to the Kampong entrance. Alternatively, you can park along the gravel road / dirt track marked by the Red Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    Just went on a job shoot there today. Excellent place. But I was only at the outer part cos that's the location of our shoot...
    oh! no wonder I saw a huge Silent Generator and lotsa light there last night.. it was somewhere near along the river canal right?
    Last edited by sytan81; 20th March 2008 at 05:08 PM.
    Sony ɑ55V || Sony 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 || Minolta 28mm F2.8 || Minolta 50mm F1.4 || Minolta 70-210mm F4

  12. #92
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    a little dot in singapore
    Posts
    1,699

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    the meeting place would be at the bus stop near shell pertrol kisok , 29th aug 2008 at 930am . pls see location than for the help of the map sytan81

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    1,229

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    is anyone meeting at yck to take the bus? 70? hmmmm coz im goin that way..

  14. #94

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by sytan81 View Post
    oh! no wonder I saw a huge Silent Generator and lotsa light there last night.. it was somewhere near along the river canal right?
    Yeah, the 1st house from the entrance. Haha. You pass by there to and from work everyday?
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  15. #95
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    a little dot in singapore
    Posts
    1,699

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    would be coming down from airport that morning , let me know if anyone needs a lift

  16. #96
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by generalsales View Post
    the meeting place would be at the bus stop near shell pertrol kisok , 29th aug 2008 at 930am . pls see location than for the help of the map sytan81

    Ok.... so is this a confirm change in meeting place ?? Or are we meeting at location (petrol station - Shells)??

    Best if everyone knows where to meet or wait.....

    For me, I'm going to YCK station to take bus 70. Will be at the station by 0845hrs.... and will leave with the next bus....

    Anyone following.... be at YCK by 0845hr.... will wait no more than 15mins....

    1) diver-hloc
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    toa payoh
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Ok.... so is this a confirm change in meeting place ?? Or are we meeting at location (petrol station - Shells)??

    Best if everyone knows where to meet or wait.....

    For me, I'm going to YCK station to take bus 70. Will be at the station by 0845hrs.... and will leave with the next bus....

    Anyone following.... be at YCK by 0845hr.... will wait no more than 15mins....

    1) diver-hloc
    2) xjasonz
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    hopefully i dont oversleep.......
    When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Serangoon Ave.2
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by generalsales View Post
    the meeting place would be at the bus stop near shell pertrol kisok , 29th aug 2008 at 930am . pls see location than for the help of the map sytan81
    hhmmm....29 Aug 2008 or 29 March 2008


  19. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    toa payoh
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by damnblur View Post
    hhmmm....29 Aug 2008 or 29 March 2008

    its on the 29th...sunday
    When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.

  20. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Newbie Gathering No 8 ( Kampong style )

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    Yeah, the 1st house from the entrance. Haha. You pass by there to and from work everyday?
    yeap.. I go by Gerald Dr everyday..

    Quote Originally Posted by xjasonz View Post
    its on the 29th...sunday
    hmmm... 29th Mar 08 is a Sat..
    Sony ɑ55V || Sony 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 || Minolta 28mm F2.8 || Minolta 50mm F1.4 || Minolta 70-210mm F4

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •