Thread: Circular Quay in Sydney

Default Circular Quay in Sydney

C&C

I like the "glow" from the sunset, but i think something seems to be missing, maybe some darkening around the sides ?
    sometimes i feel the picture to abit "fake".

How do you guys feel ?

Thanks.

hehe thanks eikin (on write up) hee paisei nv read the T&C for Critic Corner :x
    Last edited by StrifeYun; 21st February 2008 at 04:56 PM.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Default Re: Circular Quay in Sydney

the darker parts are blueish, that, i find, other than during night photography gives the picture a very fake-ish feel

i might be wrong, but it does seem like the picture has been oversharpened, the buildings are too sharp to me

the lighting also does not seem very right - for example building on leftmost should be evenly lighted, but the top is darkened - use of filter or uncorrected vignetting perhaps. the former is unavoidable, the latter can be removed

i tried messing around with the color balance

personally, i also think the composition is not the strongest it can be, if there was space to the right of the frame, maybe taking a frame slightly to the right and excluding that building on the left might be better

Hmm now that you mentioned, it does seem abit over sharpened.
    wanted to fit in the boat thats why the building on the left.
    Image was a HDR. think i need more exp. adjusting the colour.
    A slim filter was used. should play around with the vignetting.

Thanks for you inputs

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the darker parts are blueish, that, i find, other than during night photography gives the picture a very fake-ish feel

i might be wrong, but it does seem like the picture has been oversharpened, the buildings are too sharp to me

the lighting also does not seem very right - for example building on leftmost should be evenly lighted, but the top is darkened - use of filter or uncorrected vignetting perhaps. the former is unavoidable, the latter can be removed

i tried messing around with the color balance

personally, i also think the composition is not the strongest it can be, if there was space to the right of the frame, maybe taking a frame slightly to the right and excluding that building on the left might be better
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

compositionally i think like the picture a bit not balanced.. esp on the bottom half.. maybe coz of the boat (facing inwards) ba.. and the half a building that was chopped off..

but the colours are quite rich (maybe too rich? ha).. you boosted contrast and saturation by a lot ah? =)