Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

  1. #21

    Default Re: Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    strange, I have been using M1 USB modem the whole day today and it was faster then when I just started using it a week ago or so.....almost as fast (as slow) as Starhub broadband at home.

    I have not stopped Starhub yet, but will do soon I guess, if it keeps going like this, it costs me less than half of what I used to pay and I can also use it outside

    HS
    Two years ago, when M1 lauched BB service they installed a laptop with the top speed in their shop for customers to try out. The result is excellent.
    Since last year, all these laptop disappeared cos customers cannot log in. Yet you said M1 BB "so........almost as fast (as slow) as Starhub broadband at home."
    LOL Jukon

  2. #22

    Default Re: Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

    The service standard for Money1stBB is going down the drain ever since the plan has been changed to unlimited. I have called them up many times to complain and blah blah, they will say this is a "shared network" so these decrease in performance are bound to happen.

    It seems that they do not have adequet bandwidth on their backend and not much of the problem with their own internal networks. At everywhere i go, i cannot even hit 1mbps for LOCAL connections.

    I am cancelling my connection sometime next month when my mandatory 6 months contract expires and i will jump over to sinktel Mobile BB where connection speed is far superior as far as tests on my friend set goes.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

  3. #23

    Default Re: Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

    I just started on M1 BB (512k) to test it out. Connection is slightly slower than my Starhub Max online when used at home. In the town area, connections is also slower but bearable. So far dun encounter any login issues, only problem is the USB modem can't work with my Acer Vista laptop at first. I have to bring the laptop and the modem to the shop for them to install some additional driver software.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jurong Lake District - West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    I just started on M1 BB (512k) to test it out. Connection is slightly slower than my Starhub Max online when used at home. In the town area, connections is also slower but bearable. So far dun encounter any login issues, only problem is the USB modem can't work with my Acer Vista laptop at first. I have to bring the laptop and the modem to the shop for them to install some additional driver software.
    u can go to vodafone website to d/l the software to be vista compatible.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    u can go to vodafone website to d/l the software to be vista compatible.
    thanks for the advice...its working now after I installed the s/ware from M1 shop... the m1 shop was near my office so I just drop by to get it done!

  6. #26

    Default Re: Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

    Quote Originally Posted by chanxj View Post
    The service standard for Money1stBB is going down the drain ever since the plan has been changed to unlimited. I have called them up many times to complain and blah blah, they will say this is a "shared network" so these decrease in performance are bound to happen.

    It seems that they do not have adequet bandwidth on their backend and not much of the problem with their own internal networks. At everywhere i go, i cannot even hit 1mbps for LOCAL connections.

    I am cancelling my connection sometime next month when my mandatory 6 months contract expires and i will jump over to sinktel Mobile BB where connection speed is far superior as far as tests on my friend set goes.
    You are lucky than me, I got to suffer untill Monday 15 Sep 2008 when my 2 years contract ended. Then I jump ship either to Singtel or Starhub.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •