Thread: Sony DSC 717 Questions

Lloyd Hill
    Guests

Question Sony DSC 717 Questions

Just bought Sony 717 and I love it, but am I just too stupid to figure it out or does this camera not have a black and white setting?

Second question. How much difference is there really if I take pictures with the settings on 2560x1920 rather than 2048x1536. It seems to me like I can take a lot more pictures and I can't really tell a difference. But then again, I'm very new to this game.

Thanks.

I am a ex-717 user.
    You are right, Sony has forgotten to include a black-and-white setting on 717, it is a mystery until today why they left that out.

The setting of 2560x1920 is the highest resolution, it allows you to enlarge it to a large prints. I have tried A2 size, and the result is excellent. If you only print 4R or 8R, you would see any difference.

As mentioned, there isnt any black and white setting in the cam, but u can always post process with photoshop.

Default Re: Sony DSC 717 Questions

Originally posted by Lloyd Hill
    Just bought Sony 717 and I love it, but am I just too stupid to figure it out or does this camera not have a black and white setting?

Second question. How much difference is there really if I take pictures with the settings on 2560x1920 rather than 2048x1536. It seems to me like I can take a lot more pictures and I can't really tell a difference. But then again, I'm very new to this game.

Thanks.
    You got the answer to the first part about the BW.

As for the resolution settings, i always recommend shooting at the highest resolution, unless you are very very sure you only need to use it for low resolution e.g. post on website, print maximum 4R size etc.

If you want to print big, you will need all the pixels you can get. also, if you want to crop, more pixels will allow you to do so.