Default good macro photography link

check this out ...

http://www.dlcphotography.net/Macro/MacroFrameSet.htm

and the gallery .... very nice shots he got
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

nobody like macro or too high tech

see the above setup ... 3 x extension tube

The lens so long... isnt it that shud be mount the lens on the tripod instead... I rather have my lens on the tripod safer ..... If a body and lens drop both at the same time.. which one will u catch first?????

Originally posted by franciskc
    The lens so long... isnt it that shud be mount the lens on the tripod instead... I rather have my lens on the tripod safer ..... If a body and lens drop both at the same time.. which one will u catch first?????
    100mm f2.8 USM macro lens does not support tripod mount ...

when both drop <--- how to drop separately when both are together ...

Originally posted by megaweb

when both drop <--- how to drop separately when both are together ...
    Camera lens mount came off... Choose choose.. onli can choose 1... kekeke

Originally posted by franciskc

Camera lens mount came off... Choose choose.. onli can choose 1... kekeke
    of course D30 lah ....

thanks for the link. I love the bird and landscape shots.... must go Utah/Bryce/Canyonlands/Zion....

The 100/2.8USM (one in this pic) allows a tripod collar to be attached. You have to purchase it separately, and the collar is hard to get in Singapore. The old 100/2.8 non-USM did NOT have a tripod collar. Still, I haven't purchased a collar for my 100/2.8 because it cannot be used with a battery pack / booster- the collar is so close to the lens mount that it hits the battery pack. The lens itself weighs only 5xx grams, Coupled to something like an EOS-3 and booster (12xx-13xx grams) it makes more sense to support the camera.

Even in this picture, it makes more sense to support the camera. The D30 and two extension tubes would weight a lot more than the lens alone. Ideally, this guy should support both the camera and the lens since he's using so many tubes.

how much is the extension tube?

Originally posted by zhapchit
    how much is the extension tube?
    Depends on company and model. Some cheap Kenko ones I saw selling for between 40-60 bucks. These @&#$ charge exorbitant $$ for a hollow tube. Canon tubes are few hundred $.

Originally posted by kraterz

Depends on company and model. Some cheap Kenko ones I saw selling for between 40-60 bucks. These @&#$ charge exorbitant $$ for a hollow tube. Canon tubes are few hundred $.
    wah

Originally posted by sriram

The 100/2.8USM (one in this pic) allows a tripod collar to be attached. You have to purchase it separately, and the collar is hard to get in Singapore. The old 100/2.8 non-USM did NOT have a tripod collar. Still, I haven't purchased a collar for my 100/2.8 because it cannot be used with a battery pack / booster- the collar is so close to the lens mount that it hits the battery pack. The lens itself weighs only 5xx grams, Coupled to something like an EOS-3 and booster (12xx-13xx grams) it makes more sense to support the camera.

Even in this picture, it makes more sense to support the camera. The D30 and two extension tubes would weight a lot more than the lens alone. Ideally, this guy should support both the camera and the lens since he's using so many tubes.
    do u know how much does the tripod collar cost ? is it available here ?

do u know how much does the tripod collar cost ? is it available here ?
    It is available here, but not easily. When I bought my 100/2.8 USM, Cathay said they'd have to special order the collar, and it would take 3-4 weeks. I had to wait for the lens hood for 3 weeks. Try your luck - they might have some in stock. Give them a call. If they can't get it, Don (Camera workshop) can order some from HK.

Anyway, it is a stupid design. I can't use the collar with my battery pack or booster... So I didn't buy it.

Originally posted by sriram

It is available here, but not easily. When I bought my 100/2.8 USM, Cathay said they'd have to special order the collar, and it would take 3-4 weeks. I had to wait for the lens hood for 3 weeks. Try your luck - they might have some in stock. Give them a call. If they can't get it, Don (Camera workshop) can order some from HK.

Anyway, it is a stupid design. I can't use the collar with my battery pack or booster... So I didn't buy it.
    ok ... will check with Don (I know him ... ) I guest using with the tripod collar + tripod is also not easy to take insects ..