Thread: Dirt in sensor?

Default Dirt in sensor?

Hi.. during the airshow, i took a couple of photos and when i review it on the comp, i see this very irritating spot. Immediately i change another lens and test out, to my surprise, all the shots have the spot

Its at the top right

100% crop

if its a dust on my sensor, can i clean it away by using a blower? coz i've done that and the spot still remains

Default Re: Dirt in sensor?

wet your finger and rub the sensor a few times with it. hehe.

alternatively, u can bring the camera back to the authorised service centre.

Ah Ah...DON'T wet your finger and clean the sensor. Hope you understand that flipfreak was joking on that...

For stubborn dust either clean it at the service centre (as mentioned) or check out the forum to see if any kind soul will do it for you for a small fee.

If you bring it to the service centre, for Canon, it's $21 even if the camera is under warranty; for Nikon it's free, from what I gathered from the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao View Post
    If you bring it to the service centre, for Canon, it's $21 even if the camera is under warranty; for Nikon it's free, from what I gathered from the forum.
    Yes, it's free if under warranty from Nikon. They'll finish it in 10 min if there's no crowd, but may take up to 30min normally.

Maybe you can read up on how to do DIY sensor cleaning here.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    wet your finger and rub the sensor a few times with it. hehe.

alternatively, u can bring the camera back to the authorised service centre.
    Wet your finger and rub the sensor may cause smudge le. Maybe you should juz put your sensor under a running tap and let it dry in the sun after that, if this fails you can consider using a water jet.

Thanks guys.. i'll bring it down to CSC

Maybe this may help you.
    http://www.lenspen.com/?cPath=2&prod...=SK-1&tpid=286

I use sensorklear from lenspen. It works. From what I notice your pics,
    it's not critical. Try it.