Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I heartless or .....

Default Re: Am I heartless or .....

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Aiyoh, nowadays also got genuinely handicapped people who beg, then after a hard day's work, they can be seen going back to their hotels! Not hostels, not homestays, not backpackers' budget hole in the walls ... HOTELS! But to be fair to our fellow citizens, they appear to be foreign beggars. So now you see handless legless beggar, better ask for IC first.

But then hor ... last time I remember got one apparently very 'effective' (think the guy had no legs or something like that) local beggar who was finally caught on camera. He had a Merz picking him up everyday after 'work' a few streets away.

Actually it's damned sad, even the begging market kenar spoiled by foreigners and scam artists out to hamtam compassionate Singaporeans until out local, genuine beggars also kenar affected.
    so do you mean there are professional foreign beggar in singapore? ha.. guess we just give them when we can..can't really know who is faking it..and somehow life is fair..like the $ you don't hard earn, gone easy.. same as those who fake to get $, their life won't get improved..

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Even a small kid try to bluff me for $2 before cause he lost his way n go no $ to go back. I told him, I call the police for him, sure can go back.

Next time use the word "police" to ware off this kind of ppl. We not heartless, we just don't want to be an idiot.
    what made u so sure he was bluffing you? To a kid, the thought of calling the police to intervene even though he was really in need of the money to get home would be terrifying enough to stop him from asking for help.

When I was a young boy, I took a wrong bus and needed less than $1 to take the correct bus back home. I asked the lady sitted next to me if she could spare me some change. She refused. Luckily, I had a US$1 note which was a gift from my father and asked if she would exchange S$ with me. She agreed but only give me 1-1. Up to now, I still cannot believe she would take advantage of a young boy in that situation.

You know, this is the sad attitude our Govt has conditioned, to encourage people to treat all beggars as swindlers. I suppose it's part of their agenda to keep beggars off the street because it would spoil Singapore's prosperous and clean city image. So we are bombarded continually with news of fake monks coming to beg, for instance. And the Police make it their duty to chase away, if not actually arrest, all beggars.

While it is possible that there are swindlers among them, is it not possible that there are people who seriously need money and have no choice but to stoop to begging? Those against this say that those genuine cases can always get help from CCC's/RC's/VWO's, etc. but I don't think the reality is so simple, that everything is so black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Even Garment sanction charity also run into investigation, how not ppl become more weary? I have decided not to donate any for those ppl approaching with tin cans, but tt just me.
    the rich get richer the poor get poorer...

towkay jiu si towkay...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

towkay jiu si towkay...
    towkay kia jiu si towkay kia ...

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    tats y i so poor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

tats y i so poor...
    ya ya ya ...

towkay jiu si towkay...
    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    Please refrain from name calling....only DCA is towkay kia is factual.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12