Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just curious..

Default Just curious..

1. Is there any like.. butch/bung models around? I'm just curious! Haha one of my friends is interested in being a model but she's afraid that there isn't any such models around. And she feel that some photographers are very against homos? I don't know but it'd be great if you could show/tell me if there's any photographers who do shoots with bungs/butches

2. To capture great photos, must you use as DSLR? I just got a Nikon Coolpix P5100. I'm still pretty new to it but I really don't know how to do the settings & etc. Like exposure, whatever mm & stuff like that. Photos I took with Nikon don't usually turn out the way I want them to. It's blur most of the time though my hands are quite steady? I was thinking if I should sell this Nikon of mine & get a DSLR instead? :/

3.{deleted}

Hi. while we welcome you to CS, kindly note that we do not condone matters relating to IP infringement. Thank you.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 20th February 2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Contravenes CS T&C

Default Re: Just curious..

Quote Originally Posted by heartsinmotion View Post

2. To capture great photos, must you use as DSLR? .................
    reply to your Q#2,

simply put it this way, you want to create a good photo, you need:
    good idea (as in artistic, creativity, blar blar blar)
    good skill (as in craftsmanship, etc etc etc) and
    good tools (as in good/right camera, lenses, computer and software blar blar blar)

so it is something like soul, mind and body, you need all of them to be a complete living person...

hope it is not too "chim".
    Last edited by catchlights; 20th February 2008 at 01:00 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

2. Make sure you expose at at least double of your focal length of your zoom. If your zoom is at 70 set shutter speed at 180 or 250 to avoid handshake. Or use a tripods.
    Last edited by Sion; 20th February 2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    ....so it is something like soul, mind and body, you need all of them to be a complete living person...

The Master has spoken.

like sion said, don't shoot too slow speed, you will get handshake.

most likely you are shooting indoor or lowlight situation,
    so either you use a flash,
    up your ISO

or get both
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

1. Is there any like.. butch/bung models around? I'm just curious! Haha one of my friends is interested in being a model but she's afraid that there isn't any such models around. And she feel that some photographers are very against homos? I don't know but it'd be great if you could show/tell me if there's any photographers who do shoots with bungs/butches

I suppose its all very subjective.. But personally i dont think that photographers have any discrimination against butch/bung. Afterall, the photographers job is to bring out the best in his/her subject and capture that on film/digitally.

If there are, im sure its just a minor lot. Most are friendly and would often be more than willing to try and capture new things / people / etc.

As to whether or not there are such models around.. Locally im not aware but i know there are such overseas

2. To capture great photos, must you use as DSLR? I just got a Nikon Coolpix P5100. I'm still pretty new to it but I really don't know how to do the settings & etc. Like exposure, whatever mm & stuff like that. Photos I took with Nikon don't usually turn out the way I want them to. It's blur most of the time though my hands are quite steady? I was thinking if I should sell this Nikon of mine & get a DSLR instead? :/

Dont need la, PNS are so powerful nowadays. Their focal range is crazy, you can have like 10x optical zoom that you'll have spend thousands on to get a similar lens for SLR. Anyways whatever the hardware, the basics of photography still apply. Like composition and framing. No DSLR can auto-compose or auto-frame a shot for you.

And as mentioned by the masters above, blurs are probably caused slow shutter or handshake =)

3. Anyone know where can I download PSP games & songs for free?! I don't want to download file-sharing client eh..

Er i only know how to bit-torrent. Hahaha.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by g-khoo; 20th February 2008 at 01:15 PM.

3. Anyone know where can I download PSP games & songs for free?! I don't want to download file-sharing client eh..
    1) Here's one: http://profiles.friendster.com/gwendolynwan
    She is one of the models in mocca advert on tv, ad abt selling cars!

2) As mention by the masters above!

3) sorry duno!
    Last edited by melvin; 20th February 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Just ask your friend to give it a try! Be confident!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    1) Here's one: http://profiles.friendster.com/gwendolynwan
    She is one of the models in mocca advert on tv, ad abt selling cars!

2) As mention by the masters above!

3) sorry duno!
    But hey isn't she a normal pretty girl? She isn't a bung/butch!

Quote Originally Posted by coughybean View Post
    Just ask your friend to give it a try! Be confident!
    That sounds fab but do you know of any photographers that I can approach? For free, preferably :P heh

I start a queue

1. Razor ( provided its a nude shoot and I can use the shots on my websites and portfolio, and the models look good)

:P
    Last edited by razor; 20th February 2008 at 07:37 PM.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    reply to your Q#2,

simply put it this way, you want to create a good photo, you need:
    good idea (as in artistic, creativity, blar blar blar)
    good skill (as in craftsmanship, etc etc etc) and
    good tools (as in good/right camera, lenses, computer and software blar blar blar)

so it is something like soul, mind and body, you need all of them to be a complete living person...

Well said. Put it this way, it's not chim but to a newbie like me, it is quite :/

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I start a queue

1. Razor ( provided its a nude shoot and I can use the shots on my websites and portfolio, and the models look good)

Well, nude shoots are completely out of the question so.. sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post

I suppose its all very subjective.. But personally i dont think that photographers have any discrimination against butch/bung. Afterall, the photographers job is to bring out the best in his/her subject and capture that on film/digitally.

If there are, im sure its just a minor lot. Most are friendly and would often be more than willing to try and capture new things / people / etc.

As to whether or not there are such models around.. Locally im not aware but i know there are such overseas

Dont need la, PNS are so powerful nowadays. Their focal range is crazy, you can have like 10x optical zoom that you'll have spend thousands on to get a similar lens for SLR. Anyways whatever the hardware, the basics of photography still apply. Like composition and framing. No DSLR can auto-compose or auto-frame a shot for you.

And as mentioned by the masters above, blurs are probably caused slow shutter or handshake =)

Er i only know how to bit-torrent. Hahaha.

Hope this helps.
    Definitely, it helps! I'd tell my friend about it. It'd definitely boost up her confidence! Hm have you seen any fat models before? :x
    But :/ i think i still need more advise on my camera.. I'm really new to this Nikon baby of mine!

Well, nude shoots are completely out of the question so.. sorry!

oh well... nothing is for free...

I start a queue

Don't you think you're asking a bit too much for a starter model? What about her confidence level and how comfortable she is with posing for someone she hardly knows, let alone nude?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Don't you think you're asking a bit too much for a starter model? What about her confidence level and how comfortable she is with posing for someone she hardly knows, let alone nude?
    i think razor was just kidding. may not have been the best time/place to kid... but i think he was kidding nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88 View Post
    i think razor was just kidding. may not have been the best time/place to kid... but i think he was kidding nonetheless.
    Very insensitive joke if you ask me. I would feel very offended if it were my friend.

Samuel
    f/8 and be there.

Quote Originally Posted by alternatve View Post
    Very insensitive joke if you ask me. I would feel very offended if it were my friend.

Samuel
    i dun disagree with that...

But hey isn't she a normal pretty girl? She isn't a bung/butch!
    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alternatve View Post

Samuel
    That sounds fab but do you know of any photographers that I can approach? For free, preferably :P heh
    oh well... nothing is for free...
    Of course I was kidding. In fact, by coming here and asking for free photography service, I was, in fact , telling her and her friends, nothing is for free.

I did check her blogsite and saw the butch-looking fren photos. Kisses and all. So who is so innocent here?? No one.
    Last edited by razor; 20th February 2008 at 10:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast