Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore Budget lauded by Taiwan and Hong Kong

Default Re: Singapore Budget lauded by Taiwan and Hong Kong

That's the strange thing - we always compare ourselves to HK ... but in HK, I don't think they care.
    They sometimes laugh at us; they are more interested in monitoring their progress relative to China.

Back to topic about budget... lauded in HKG/Taiwan. I wonder if the HKG'ers did consider how much we are taxed if taking into account GST.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Back to topic about budget... lauded in HKG/Taiwan. I wonder if the HKG'ers did consider how much we are taxed if taking into account GST.

../azul123
    well, hong kong's a very different story, their public housing is a far cry from hdb

public transport - train and bus wise i think it was pretty decent the last time i went

that and the fact they don't have an army, i think there's where the extra taxes (or even more perhaps, just for the entire saf) goes to. gst might not even be enough to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, hong kong is a very competitive place from what i've heard, some say even worse than singapore, and singapore is already a mad rat race.
    Japan and South Korea lagi worse ...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    well, hong kong's a very different story, their public housing is a far cry from hdb

public transport - train and bus wise i think it was pretty decent the last time i went

that and the fact they don't have an army, i think there's where the extra taxes (or even more perhaps, just for the entire saf) goes to. gst might not even be enough to cover.
    ok.

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 21st February 2008 at 07:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12