Thread: Is there a soft case for filters?

Default Is there a soft case for filters?

Do you people find it troublesome to change filter will shooting? I carry the original filter case which requires me to take out the filter(CPL,close-up), put on and shoot and remove and put back when you need to shoot another picture that don't requires that filter.

Is that such thing as a filter soft case or something where you can slot all your filters into the case and remove it easily?

Default Re: Is there a soft case for filters?

Quote Originally Posted by thedaniel View Post
    Do you people find it troublesome to change filter will shooting? I carry the original filter case which requires me to take out the filter(CPL,close-up), put on and shoot and remove and put back when you need to shoot another picture that don't requires that filter.

Is that such thing as a filter soft case or something where you can slot all your filters into the case and remove it easily?
    Considering how fragile filters are, and that you do NOT want anything touching the filters, a "soft case" is a recipe for disaster.
    Alpha

I am using this cokin filter case. But could not find it in Cokin's website, so not sure if it is still available.

Thinks holds 7 Cokin filters, but I manage to squeeze in 3 more hoya round filters too.
    Last edited by cairocks; 19th February 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cairocks View Post
    I am using this cokin filter case. But could not find it in Cokin's website, so not sure if it is still available.
    That just sounds like filter suicide...
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    That just sounds like filter suicide...
    obliviously you have not seen any, it is not soft, front and back are rigid, filter are well protected.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

how about this one?

optech

Actually it protected my filters quite well. Used it for at least 4 to 5 years, gone travelling, and also used it for some events. No filter damaged. Yup, the front and back of the case is like hard board.
    Last edited by cairocks; 19th February 2008 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    obliviously you have not seen any, it is not soft, front and back are rigid, filter are well protected.
    Ah, ok.
    Alpha

All my Singh Ray filters come with their individual soft cases as well.
    And pretty cosmetic looking

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by cairocks View Post

Thinks holds 7 Cokin filters, but I manage to squeeze in 3 more hoya round filters too.
    Where did you get this? In Singapore? What's the price?

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    how about this one?

optech
    You seen this selling in Singapore?

saw it at cathay before. i think sold out. didn't see it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by thedaniel View Post
    Where did you get this? In Singapore? What's the price?
    Got it from Cathay. But it was around 5 years ago and therefore I really can't recall the price.

Well, if you only have filters of one size (for eg. all 67mm), try this product call 'Filter Stacker'. It has a front and back caps so you can stack (by screwing the filters together) all your filters and made them very compact, easy to carry and choose the filter that you want to use, rather than carrying each filter in it's own case.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Stack_Cap.html

Do note that it doesn't work if you have 'slim filters', as slim filters typically do not have a front thread.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.