Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with a young girl falling in love with an elderly guy?

Default What's wrong with a young girl falling in love with an elderly guy?

The gal is 18 and the guy is over 55. They both love each other, why there are people who think this is no good?

Default Re: What's wrong with a young girl falling in love with an elderly guy?

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    The gal is 18 and the guy is over 55. They both love each other, why there are people who think this is no good?
    may i know what is the nationality of that female partner ?

1. Directly to answer your question-- because there are all kinds of people in this world.

2. As an aside: why should they care what others think? If it bothers them, then they aren't ready for it.

Guy happened to be rich?
    Personally I don't think there's any wrong if it's true love.

i frankly, don't think there's anything wrong with any kind of match

but i guess people may perceive it as some form of perversion - the guy is after all, old enough to be the girl's grandfather or father, depending on how quickly the generations reproduced. also, on the pragmatic side, one would wonder why despite the generation gap, the girl is with the guy, and vice versa. is the guy a lecher? is the girl a golddigger looking for better financial security? what happens if the guy goes first, what good would it bring? would it even last?

these are questions that are frankly, not to be blamed either.. humans are curious by nature after all. and we all have the power to express our views, be they right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    I think it's good for the guy.

1st of all, sometimes... i can hardly believe a person at the age of 18 understands what love is.
    Just an opinion though.

everything is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredcloud View Post
    1st of all, sometimes... i can hardly believe a person at the age of 18 understands what love is.
    Just an opinion though.
    Judging by the demographics of divorce...I'd say many people twice or even 3 times that age still don't understand what love is

i don't think there's anything wrong, but it's certainly not common, and things that aren't common generate more interest.. sometimes negative interest.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredcloud View Post
    Just an opinion though.
    but who understands what love is?

i think you could not get any 2 people in the world to agree on what love is, it seems like a self-empowered, self-awarded concept which differs from person to person.

but certainly, most people around that age would hardly think of serious commitment.. which is actually a very different thing from love altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    but who understands what love is?

i think you could not get any 2 people in the world to agree on what love is, it seems like a self-empowered, self-awarded concept which differs from person to person.

but certainly, most people around that age would hardly think of serious commitment.. which is actually a very different thing from love altogether.
    If I were the man, I would let the young girl learn life first since she is still so young. Let her get to know other men first and enjoy life, and then come back to the older guy if he is still the best..........

Personally, I find it not so responsible from the older guy's position, unless the young girl already has so much life experience that she can make a wise decision.

But there are societies where they do marry at a very young age, and also to even older men than themselves.......

Anyway, at my age I could be everyone's grandpa and great grandpa here.....

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    If I were the man, I would let the young girl learn life first since she is still so young. Let her get to know other men first and enjoy life, and then come back to the older guy if he is still the best..........

Personally, I find it not so responsible from the older guy's position, unless the young girl already has so much life experience that she can make a wise decision.

But there are societies where they do marry at a very young age, and also to even older men than themselves.......

Anyway, at my age I could be everyone's grandpa and great grandpa here.....

HS
    i have to disagree to a certain extent - just because a person is young doesn't mean that he/she hasn't learnt life, although i'd grant that there is a loose link, i.e. older people tend to know life better, and younger people tend to not know life well.

but here you have a 50 year old gambler who's heavily in debt, drinking everyday and puffing away and doing drugs. compare this to say, a 18 year old male who's supporting his family while handling his studies and juggling it all. who's better at life? who is more mature?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i have to disagree to a certain extent - just because a person is young doesn't mean that he/she hasn't learnt life, although i'd grant that there is a loose link, i.e. older people tend to know life better, and younger people tend to not know life well.

but here you have a 50 year old gambler who's heavily in debt, drinking everyday and puffing away and doing drugs. compare this to say, a 18 year old male who's supporting his family while handling his studies and juggling it all. who's better at life? who is more mature?
    That's why I said it might be ok if the girl already has life experience (and there are those who at young age had to take care of their families)......

As for your second paragraph: I only looked at the girls point of view, no matter how epxerienced (or not so exprienced) the older man is, I would give the young girl a chance to learn life........

Anyway, I don't mind to volunteer myself: I am a fully grown-up male, 93 years old.......fully matured and exprienced!

HS

I'm all for love.... but IMO the practicalities and realities of life will mean that the odds of failure are simply too high against them.

And if that 50yr old guy really loves the girl, then i think he should really think abt the girl's future and end the r/ship. The age gap is just simply too big.
    Last edited by Hobbesyeo; 18th February 2008 at 10:35 PM.

....I don't mind to volunteer myself: I am a fully grown-up male, 93 years old.......fully matured and exprienced!
    Be careful when you say that.

There are many 18-year-old girls here.

Sekali your PM box will be overflooded.

Anyway, I don't mind to volunteer myself: I am a fully grown-up male, 93 years old.......fully matured and exprienced!

HS
    are you kidding?

i knew you were old, but not THAT old.

how come so cool one, know how to use internet no offense meant la, all my ah kong and ah ma don't even know how to switch the computer on

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Be careful when you say that.

There are many 18-year-old girls here.

Sekali your PM box will be overflooded.
    hongsien, You have received a new PM from 1990foxyvixen.

Title: I will sponsor you for free medical checkup

Contents:

Hello,

I have fallen in love with you. In the greatest concern of your health, I have contacted a medical centre to do a FREE health checkup for you. However, my daddy and mommy say I must marry a man with good background, so please provide me with your financial records.

If all is in order, i.e. you are sufficiently unhealthy and have a solid bank account, we can marry asap.

xxx xxx xxx
    Love,
    1990foxyvixen

I think the emotional maturity of the girl is of utmost importance. I've seen similar couples, and the girl was very immature, and the old guy was basically using his experience to "get his way" and seduce her. He was obviously a bit of a paedophile and thoroughly enjoying how "easy" it was to get very young girls in SG. This guy is mainland chinese.
    Alpha

I've seen more singaporeans do that than chinese nationals.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast