Thread: Red Alert!

Default Red Alert!

hi, i would like to commented on the above picture. i would like to know whether is the picture's crop too much? should i have taken the picture further back? and how can the picture be improved.

shot using a 400d+50mm f/1.8

Thank You

pplneedthelord
    Last edited by pplneedthelord; 17th February 2008 at 09:36 PM.
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

Default Re: Red Alert!

Unflattering harsh lighting on a soft fragile rose. Blown highlights. Distracting foreground. Seemingly disconnected main subject that's floating. No compositional elements/pointers/guidelines used.

The strangest thing is that I see there's DOF but it just convinces the mind that there isn't any depth, that's what your lighting and composition has done.

Answer these qns: What is the intended picture? Why was the lighting arranged that manner? Explanation for composition? And honestly, how much time did you spend trying to take this shot?

Default Re: Red Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    Unflattering harsh lighting on a soft fragile rose. Blown highlights. Distracting foreground. Seemingly disconnected main subject that's floating. No compositional elements/pointers/guidelines used.

The strangest thing is that I see there's DOF but it just convinces the mind that there isn't any depth, that's what your lighting and composition has done.

Answer these qns: What is the intended picture? Why was the lighting arranged that manner? Explanation for composition? And honestly, how much time did you spend trying to take this shot?
    hmmm, i think i took about 3 minutes to capture the shot. well, i was holding the flowers on my left hand and my right hand, i was holding the camera.
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"