Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: does this happan to u when going oversea ?

Default Re: does this happan to u when going oversea ?

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    2)

Many b-days ago ... went w frens to M'sia (Tg Sedili by boat) ... went w my telescopes and many other items ...

At customs, kana inspected cos there were only my frens and I in the only bumboat at the terminal ...

C: wat's this ...
    M: my telescope, my bags, clothes, my computer, my etc etc etc ...
    C: this one, must tax (pointing to my telescope, laptop and some other stuff)
    M: ok, so wat is the basis of the tax? I mean why must tax?
    C: Things buy in S'pore, bring in M'sia, must tax ...
    M: u mean if I buy a car in Singapore, drive into M'sia, u are going to tax me?
    C: Er ... Yes ...
    M: <staring hard at her> Everything on me is bought in Singapore, inc my clothes. U are gg to tax me?
    C: er ... you give list of things you bring into M'sia, when go out, come see me again to check ....
    M: <gave her a list>

when I left a couple of days later, also bo chap her ... jus went on my way ....
    SingAstro group?

Must learn to speak bahasa.... Tell them "Tropong tropong... tengok bintang bintang sahaja" (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.. ) Even if broken malay, they will let you go because you attempted..
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 19th February 2008 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    maybe if insist on "tax", can ask for an official receipt with the customs officer's name on it, the location, the time, the items "taxed" listed... and check that the name matches the one on the name tag...
    its no use ... I heard b4 that such requests result in you going upstairs and pay more for the receipt ...

ka-kia wants money, involves superior = more money ...

after all they can issue receipt on those pupolar receipt books and stamp (M'sia Customs) ... next month, once receipt book is full, throw into the sea and buy a new one ...

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    SingAstro group?

Must learn to speak bahasa.... Tell them "Tropong tropong... tengok bintang bintang sahaja" (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.. ) Even if broken malay, they will let you go because you attempted..
    I am not from SingAstro ... I hv my own juniors to bring liao ...

actually, I think tt better dun know too much bahasa ... once they cannot get the point across, hopefully they give up trying ... if you know wat they saying, lagi worse ... cannot act blur and cannot act dun understand ...

my fren's blower was mistaken for a hand grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    the customs officers must be scared out of their pants ... after all there is no pin on the "grenade" ... BOMB ....

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    the customs officers must be scared out of their pants ... after all there is no pin on the "grenade" ... BOMB ....

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    maybe if insist on "tax", can ask for an official receipt with the customs officer's name on it, the location, the time, the items "taxed" listed... and check that the name matches the one on the name tag...
    its no use ... I heard b4 that such requests result in you going upstairs and pay more for the receipt ...

ka-kia wants money, involves superior = more money ...

after all they can issue receipt on those pupolar receipt books and stamp (M'sia Customs) ... next month, once receipt book is full, throw into the sea and buy a new one ...
    Usually if you try that and if you have a connecting internal/domestic flight, good luck to you Better start figuring out a way to get yourself on the NEXT flight.

I am not from SingAstro ... I hv my own juniors to bring liao ...

actually, I think tt better dun know too much bahasa ... once they cannot get the point across, hopefully they give up trying ... if you know wat they saying, lagi worse ... cannot act blur and cannot act dun understand ...
    They don't dare to be explicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Usually if you try that and if you have a connecting internal/domestic flight, good luck to you Better start figuring out a way to get yourself on the NEXT flight.
    haang (hokkien for scare) them only lah... the cowardly ones won't bother with it... the persistent ones one way or another will still want right...

Yep... and there are official receipts... and *cough* official receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Yep... and there are official receipts... and *cough* official receipts.
    time for some cough drops

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123