Thread: IE Destroys Bokeh?

Default IE Destroys Bokeh?

Do you guys have the problem of Internet Explorer compressing the out-of-focus/bokeh areas such that the colour gradient is reduced and shows up as very unpleasant dithering? Upon refreshing of the image, it will load the original uncompressed one. However is there a way to remove this setting of Internet Explorer which compresses the OOF areas? Thanks.

Default Re: IE Destroys Bokeh?

Quote Originally Posted by megascriler View Post
    Do you guys have the problem of Internet Explorer compressing the out-of-focus/bokeh areas such that the colour gradient is reduced and shows up as very unpleasant dithering? Upon refreshing of the image, it will load the original uncompressed one. However is there a way to remove this setting of Internet Explorer which compresses the OOF areas? Thanks.
    If anything, that's general image compression. IE is not smart enough to know what bokeh is. You might want to enable/disable smart image dithering in the IE advanced options.
    Alpha

Uncheck the Smart image dithering option.

Yup, I've tried it before but realised it didn't work so I googled on it to find out more only to realise that Microsoft has an error with this option, enabling or disabling the option doesn't actually work and another more complicated process of editing the registry is needed.

But I also read that Smart Image Dithering is about REDUCING jaggies?

Thanks.

Yup, I've tried it before but realised it didn't work so I googled on it to find out more only to realise that Microsoft has an error with this option, enabling or disabling the option doesn't actually work and another more complicated process of editing the registry is needed.

But I also read that Smart Image Dithering is about REDUCING jaggies?

Thanks.
    I think it's about a faster display for people who don't care because it's displaying using less colours and using dithering to create those colours not in the palette.