Thread: 10c will be charged if you proceed ...

Default 10c will be charged if you proceed ...

Dialled 1711 and heard this msg. Immediately put the phone down.

When did they start charging even for time announcments?

saw it in the papers a few months back.

watches r cheap afterall!!!
    LOL

Originally posted by RuthBaby
    watches r cheap afterall!!!
    LOL
    but watches also need to adjust time leh ....

Trevor_Tan
    Guests

Originally posted by sfhuang
    but watches also need to adjust time leh ....
    Wonder when in singapore will there be a free service where clocks or watches will be syn with standard time thru RF. (I think UK have such services)
    Then we can tell the exact seconds to when the ERP is on or off. And will not have the problem of tearing the wrong timing on parking coupon due to watch slow down or too fast (or some itchy finger go and tune it). Also will not miss the TOTO or 4D by fews seconds after queuing for so long.

err time clock at kim seng rd pulled down liao ah?
    lolz!!!

Default Re: 10c will be charged if you proceed ...

Dialled 1711 and heard this msg. Immediately put the phone down.

When did they start charging even for time announcments?
    u can spend so much on photography but u can't spend 10 Cents for a phone call?

ruthbaby, are u taking about the Times House (yellow building)? It was moved long ago....

I think the charges for calling up for the time is L-A-M-E.

"They" are always coming up for chances to charge the general public, citing "bad economy" and so on...lots of excuses...prices juz keep going up? Since when you will hear transport costs go discount? (used to be 10c and 20c....sheesh)

Point to ponder:

SMRT makes more than a million bucks IN ONE DAY. (think in terms of Singapore's population, and how much a regular person spend on public transport in one day, taking maintainance and wages into concern, would it be more than 30million to run a month? i doubt so...) .....and they claim no profits?

Hallo.....
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

eh 9lives...ur avatar cool leh...like the other dude with the sniper one....hehehe
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Originally posted by sbs99
    eh 9lives...ur avatar cool leh...like the other dude with the sniper one....hehehe
    OT:

this cat is a copycat

"They" are always coming up for chances to charge the general public, citing "bad economy" and so on...lots of excuses...prices juz keep going up? Since when you will hear transport costs go discount? (used to be 10c and 20c....sheesh)

Point to ponder:

SMRT makes more than a million bucks IN ONE DAY. (think in terms of Singapore's population, and how much a regular person spend on public transport in one day, taking maintainance and wages into concern, would it be more than 30million to run a month? i doubt so...) .....and they claim no profits?

Hallo.....
    I agree with you. And it's going to be worse for us (but better for SMRT) when the NE line comes up and higher fares etc.

I agree with you. And it's going to be worse for us (but better for SMRT) when the NE line comes up and higher fares etc.
    And the reason why they have gone fully automated is not really justified at all, even when it translates to higher costs.

Well, M1 also has their time service, but you will be charged for local airtime (it's free if you have spare airtime left). For M1 customers only.

There are more hidden costs than you can think of. I have a close relative at a high position in SMRT and yes, he tells me that SMRT is indeed not making profit. The SMRT, although a "private" company, still has to provide for the public and strategic demands, regardless whether they make money or not.

Point to ponder:

Hallo.....

and the train magically appears from the bag..... yippee.

Deregistered

Originally posted by Wai
    OT:

this cat is a copycat
    OT
    beware of AVA.... cat culling in progress...