Thread: Bus to KL

Default Bus to KL

Need a bit of help.

Next month, I have to go to KL for a weekend and I am thinking of not driving up and taking a bus instead.

If any of you know which company offers the most comfortable ride (I heard there's one with business class-like seats and toilets in the bus), can you please share the info ?

And also, which is the cheapest option (but not necessarily the most comfortable ride) ? Just want to get the extremes of the price range.

Many thanks, in advance.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Default Re: Bus to KL

Bro,

For me, i only take a bus company called Nice. It's an Executive Coach with quite comfy seats. It's $55.00

One reason I take this bus because it does not stop at Puduraya bus station (super crowded and plenty of pick pockets). It actually stop at the old railway train station. It starts from Copthorne Orchid Hotel (next to Raffles Town Club, Bukit Timah) It takes about 5hours plus and minus to reach your destination via Tuas Checkpoint.

It stops only once during the journey. No toilet on the coach. Serves you plain water, tea soft drinks and some snacks.

Infact when you reach the old railway train station, there a abundance of taxis for you.

Have a safe trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Bro,

For me, i only take a bus company called Nice. It's an Executive Coach with quite comfy seats. It's $55.00

One reason I take this bus because it does not stop at Puduraya bus station (super crowded and plenty of pick pockets). It actually stop at the old railway train station. It starts from Copthorne Orchid Hotel (next to Raffles Town Club, Bukit Timah) It takes about 5hours plus and minus to reach your destination via Tuas Checkpoint.

It stops only once during the journey. No toilet on the coach. Serves you plain water, tea soft drinks and some snacks.

Infact when you reach the old railway train station, there a abundance of taxis for you.

Have a safe trip!
    thanks bro. i was searching on google and found this other company called aeroline. looks good at S$47 for a one-way ride. and got toilets too in their double-decker buses i drink a lot of water and one of my worries is if i need to go urgently to the loo
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    thanks bro. i now have three options to choose from.
    appreciate your help.

I tried NICE, AEROLINE and FIRST Coach

AEROLINE is first class, non stop service, toilets in bus. Also serve meal and drinks. Pricey but worth the money.
    Comfortable and reach UTAMA in 5 hours.

NICE is in between

FIRST coach is cheaper RM47 from KL. Reach NOVENA in Spore . Great if you stay AMK or BISHAN

Ya, transtar is good. Just note that u are normally not allowed to use the toilet. They lock it up. Even if u request, they do not allow to use unless its like u keep bugging the driver 4 to 5 times.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

AEROLINE is good. if i remember correclty the have powerpoint in the coach so i plugged in my Laptop and was on it the whole trip! good way to spend a trip,other than sleeping, if the dvd they are playing is boring =p
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

If you are travelling alone Transtar First Class is good, it is a single seater total 16 seats. Bus stops at Pasar Rakyat. A single seater gives you alot of privacy.

But if you are travelling with wife or company I still prefer Aeroline which has stops at KL, Bandar Utama, Sunway, PJ. But no personal entertainment set. Aeroline cheaper.

I took Transtar First Class yesterday and posting this from KL. Last night in Bukit Bintang area there was fireworks and firecrackers till 2:30am can sleep but when I got down with camera it was already over...

../azul123

I meant, can't sleep because firecrackers kept me awake. Only manage some images of Policemen giving summons to cars blocking the road during the fireworks/firecrackers.

../azul123

MAN buses are good.

Take any company are that using these buses

Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG View Post
    AEROLINE is good. if i remember correclty the have powerpoint in the coach so i plugged in my Laptop and was on it the whole trip! good way to spend a trip,other than sleeping, if the dvd they are playing is boring =p
    the new NICE coach also have plug point liao. the only problem is if you get to seat in the new ones.

Aeroline is good. takes you right into the heart of KL. the ride is so comfortable, you'd wish the journey was longer...

Coaches to KL.. wow my favourite topic.

Lets start with my fave coach.

Transtar - You've got First Class, Premium and SuperVIP services to KL. First Class coaches are a 16 seater coach in a 1x1 layout, with personal TV and f&b services onboard. Premium services may be a double or single deck (depending on time). Its a 1x2 layout with personal TV and f&b services. These 2 coaches will stop for toilet breaks along the highway (no exits). SuperVIP services are your usual 1x2 services to KL. More often than not, these services use the new PremiumZ club coaches. Prices are $55 for a First Class, $42 for a Premium, and $30 for a SVIP. First Class and Premium drop off at Pasarakyat whilst SVIP may drop at Puduraya.

Aeroline - A double deck coach with 1x2 seating, and f&b on board. Lower deck of the coach is a lounge with a toilet. Central entertainment system thats pretty difficult to see. Coach ticket costs $47 and can be booked via aeroline.com.sg.

Airebus - A combination of both single deck and double deck coaches with 1x2 seating. I believe the double deck is touted as Executive Class while the single deck is sold as Business class. F&b provided. Website - www.airebus.net. Ticket charges vary, but I believe start from $47.

Odyssey - A relatively new startup, with 1x2 layout single deck coaches. Coaches have f&b services as well as incoach Internet services. I believe they also provide personal entertainment. Departs from Orchid Copthrone Hotel. Price is fixed at $60, and can be booked at odysseynow.com.sg

Nice - A previous poster has covered this. Nice++ is basically a 1x2 seating single deck coach to KL Old Railway station. F&B served onboard.

First Coach - A SVIP type coach, 2x1 layout departing from Novena Square.

Grassland - 2 types of coaches to choose from - Royal VIP and Super VIP. Royal VIP coaches are usually semi-deck or double deck with Personal entertainment onboard. Semi deck coaches are touted as quieter and has better ride comfort. Super VIP coaches are your usual SVIP coaches to KL. Can be booked at grassland.com.sg

Five Stars/Gunung Raya/Konsortium - Again, 2 types of coaches can be booked. The Executive Coach and the normal SVIP. Executive Coach is an 18 seater, 2x1 layout with cocoon type seats. Personal entertainment is offered. Stops at Yong Peng (typically) for meals and driver change. SVIP is your usual 26 seater.

Luxury Travel - Offers semi deck SG registered coach services to KL (Istana Hotel). However, note that are only 2 services a day. Personal entertainment offered with F&B (I believe). Website - luxury.com.sg with online booking. Prices are at $47 IIRC.

Sri Maju - Your usual 26 seater coach to KL.

Hope this helps... apologies if I have missed out any. Prices subject to change.

bro Tango3, I owe you one
    this is the most comprehensive list I've ever seen.
    thanks so much.
    now, i am spoilt for choice

But when you are in KL what do you do?

Where can I find in KL a classy chinese style night club with good singers who really can sing - I don't mean the ktv type where they try to dump a "GRO" onto you to rip expensive drinks off you.

You sure you dont want to feel the thrill of speeding with your car?

Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    You sure you dont want to feel the thrill of speeding with your car?
    no lah. though i love to watch fast cars in action, i am not a speed demon.
    actually, the drive to KL is quite boring.