Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

  1. #21

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by episodic View Post
    Ive had no problems with using usb drives, even when i was using 10.5/10.5.1. I might be lucky.

    As with wireless connection with 10.5.2. my signal seems to be better?
    The "wireless netowork has been compromised" bug is driving me crazy...



    .

  2. #22
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    eh??
    why power off when moving? that might possibly spoil your HDD leh!!
    It's an extra harddisk that I don't really use at all.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    updated to 10.5.2 and find that it's slower, and more problems with wireless connections.


    .
    I know what you mean about slow. Since the earlier security update, the system had been faster. Since 10.5.2, it's back to the 10.5.0 performance. A busy 10.5.1 is faster than 10.5.2 when it's not busy. I hope they fix the performance by 10.5.3 but I don't think it'll be as good as 10.4.10 was.

  4. #24
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    This time I tried with an USB2 external casing with harddisk inside.

    Test 1:
    Power off while moving still in progress. Of course the file didn't manage to move over to the target. When I power back the external harddisk, data is still intact.

    Test 2:
    Moving target folder when moving of file still in progress.
    Nothing happens. Everything is fine and smooth.

    I'm using OS 10.5.2
    I did the test again with a 200MB file and checksum verification. Same results. Checksum healthy also.

  5. #25

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    writing this msg with my new iMac. Everything seem ok. Tested a usb sandisk thumbdrive and ext III card reader. Both passed. No wireless signal drop at all. Did a sw update, 14 detected. All went thru except for the most important, OS X 10.5.2 combi update just hang there. How to proceed from here?
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    writing this msg with my new iMac. Everything seem ok. Tested a usb sandisk thumbdrive and ext III card reader. Both passed. No wireless signal drop at all. Did a sw update, 14 detected. All went thru except for the most important, OS X 10.5.2 combi update just hang there. How to proceed from here?
    You should go to Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and Repair Permissions first. It's likely that there are permissions that aren't quite right. That will take more time than they indicate.

    After that, it's more likely that the 10.5.2 and Graphics Update updates will work. If not, you can always go to the support area of the Apple website and download them.

  7. #27

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Noted. Will go back to try tonite. Tks.
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

  8. #28

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    I did the test again with a 200MB file and checksum verification. Same results. Checksum healthy also.
    Cool!
    ok so the update works i guess.. thanks Parka!

  9. #29

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    You should go to Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and Repair Permissions first. It's likely that there are permissions that aren't quite right. That will take more time than they indicate.

    After that, it's more likely that the 10.5.2 and Graphics Update updates will work. If not, you can always go to the support area of the Apple website and download them.
    Like to report that the update is successful. Tks bro
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Like to report that the update is successful. Tks bro
    Excellent! Glad to hear things are better. You installed the Graphics Update also?

    I tend to use Repair Permissions after any installation.

    I just wish 10.5.2 was working better for me.

  11. #31

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    my not 10.5.2.....****, how to get one? mine is 10.4.11

    anyway, microsoft entourage was it mac version of window outlook express? if i use entourage, will it kena virus?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  12. #32

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    my not 10.5.2.....****, how to get one? mine is 10.4.11

    anyway, microsoft entourage was it mac version of window outlook express? if i use entourage, will it kena virus?
    leopard not free upgrade...$200+. pm me if you want a still-sealed original copy. sell you cheaper.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    my not 10.5.2.....****, how to get one? mine is 10.4.11

    anyway, microsoft entourage was it mac version of window outlook express? if i use entourage, will it kena virus?
    Entourage is like Outlook, not Outlook Express. I've never seen any viruses for Entourage. Almost all of them are for Word or Excel.

  14. #34

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Entourage is like Outlook, not Outlook Express. I've never seen any viruses for Entourage. Almost all of them are for Word or Excel.
    cos if will not kena virus easily, will use that to receive emails from today onwards. I scare spams alot nawadays, perday will receive 30 over spams, suspect some contains virus.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    cos if will not kena virus easily, will use that to receive emails from today onwards. I scare spams alot nawadays, perday will receive 30 over spams, suspect some contains virus.
    I use Thunderbird for e-mail and it works just fine. I would suggest, if you're getting free e-mail, that you switch to a company that does a better job, such as Google. Occasionally, they slip up and I get a spam e-mail, but I go to their web interface and report it and I likely never see those people again ever. No viruses, though.

  16. #36
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    cos if will not kena virus easily, will use that to receive emails from today onwards. I scare spams alot nawadays, perday will receive 30 over spams, suspect some contains virus.
    One of the reasons Macs are more expensive is they don't catch virus that easily.

    I can't remember anyone complaining about catching a virus on a Mac. Have you?

  17. #37

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Entourage is like Outlook, not Outlook Express. I've never seen any viruses for Entourage. Almost all of them are for Word or Excel.
    True to a certain extend it will not effect Mac systems but difficult to get rid of SPAM.

    I use both Outlook and Entourage.

  18. #38

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    One of the reasons Macs are more expensive is they don't catch virus that easily.

    I can't remember anyone complaining about catching a virus on a Mac. Have you?
    Eh Macs systems are expensive not because they do not catch virus lar.

    Supply and demand is still less than a PC. There are brands from IBM/Lenovo, HP/Compaq, DELL, NEC and so on to choose from. MAC is able to sell their systems at a higher price because they are the only one in the market to sell a different OS.

  19. #39
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: upgrade leopard 10.5.2 aka usb HDD probs with leopard

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Eh Macs systems are expensive not because they do not catch virus lar.

    Supply and demand is still less than a PC. There are brands from IBM/Lenovo, HP/Compaq, DELL, NEC and so on to choose from. MAC is able to sell their systems at a higher price because they are the only one in the market to sell a different OS.
    Eh. I specifically crafted the sentence to include "One of the reasons".


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •