Thread: Seafood recommendation

Default Seafood recommendation

hey guys .. another food thread . Any recommendations ? Good crabs r impt I've tried no signboard , long beach and also the famous AMK Melben seafood .. but i think they're only average . Pls let mi know if u guys have any good restaurants ro recommend . Coffeeshop or hawker also can . As long as its gd Thanks all .

Default Re: Seafood recommendation

Black Pepper Crabs @ Eng Seng Restaurant
    247/249 Joo Chiat Place
    Singapore 427935
    5 pm - 9pm
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

thanks megaweb .. is tat the one tat always got long q one ? Heard of it b4 but yet to try ..

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Black Pepper Crabs @ Eng Seng Restaurant
    247/249 Joo Chiat Place
    Singapore 427935
    5 pm - 9pm
    its not bad. i ate abt four times. should go early else its hard to get a seat.. the mee goreng is good.

the sauce is unique, with a "wok" flavour, brings out the sweetness of the crabs.

btw long beach east coast isnt good in my opinion, but surprisingly the one at IMM just served me good crabs both the times i was there, you might wanna give it a try.
    chezburgr i can haz?

Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

After I tried Somboon Seafood in Bangkok, I never found any seafood restaurant in Singapore that came close.

But back to the topic..... I think Megaweb's recommendation is good. But if I had to queue for an hour.... i'll settle for Jumbo instead.
    Last edited by NitroTech; 14th February 2008 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    After I tried Somboon Seafood in Bangkok, I never found any seafood restaurant in Singapore that came close.

But back to the topic..... I think Megaweb's recommendation is good. But if I had to queue for an hour.... i'll settle for Jumbo instead.
    good good! I'm going Bangkok next week. Where is Somboon Seafood located? Also what are their signature dishes? hehehe
    Last edited by behyx; 14th February 2008 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    good good! I'm going Bangkok next week. Where is Somboon Seafood located? Also what are their signature dishes? hehehe
    http://www.somboonseafood.com/index_en.html

if there are 3 dishes you must try.... it'll have to be the Curry Crab, Curry Crab and Curry Crab......

Ok, seriously, the curry crab is the signature dish..... then try the "dong fen" with prawns, fried mimosa (not kang kong) and if you have a enough people try the suckling pig...... I feel like eating NOW!!!!!

Anyway I always go the Bantadthong branch, though I've tried the Surawongse branch.
    Last edited by NitroTech; 14th February 2008 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    http://www.somboonseafood.com/index_en.html

if there are 3 dishes you must try.... it'll have to be the Curry Crab, Curry Crab and Curry Crab......

Ok, seriously, the curry crab is the signature dish..... then try the "dong fen" with prawns, fried mimosa (not kang kong) and if you have a enough people try the suckling pig...... I feel like eating NOW!!!!!

Anyway I always go the Bantadthong branch, though I've tried the Surawongse branch.
    Wow I don't know mimosa can be eaten!

Ok I'm gonna put this place into my itinerary.