Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: D FA 50mm marco

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default D FA 50mm marco

    Anyone got this lens can share its performance or best any pictures to share? was thinking of getting this...saw 1 piece at CP...tried to take some flower marco shots last weekend but wind blow flower fly here and there hard to manual focus...

    Dun think i will be able to afford the 35mm marco limited...seems very expensive...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Creampuff has the FA 50mm f/2.8 macro which is similar. The 50mm macro are good macro lens, you won't go wrong with it.

  3. #3

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    I got one 50mm, f2.8 macro and it sure a great thing. No regret at all.
    Sorry can't post any sample picture for now, just got this lense last week.

  4. #4

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    @achamadi

    How much was it and where did you buy?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by achmadi View Post
    I got one 50mm, f2.8 macro and it sure a great thing. No regret at all.
    Sorry can't post any sample picture for now, just got this lense last week.
    how much does the lens extend its physical lenght when focusing ?
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by alanpotpot View Post
    @achamadi

    How much was it and where did you buy?
    think he buy as a package from someone...a very very good deal...would have got it myself...

    Saw 1 pc at CP 2 weeks ago...price about 600 plus ...D FA 100mm also have...700 plus
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  7. #7

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Pity you missed the DFA100 macro at the b&s forum a week ago

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    ya...but i wan something shorter...already got the vt125...100mm will be too similar...50mm just nice... got any 50mm macro pics to share ?? to further add to my LBA
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  9. #9
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    ya...but i wan something shorter...already got the vt125...100mm will be too similar...50mm just nice... got any 50mm macro pics to share ?? to further add to my LBA
    Eh, why haven't you posted pictures taken with your new lenses? Your lenses need the exercise, no use keeping them in drybox.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Eh, why haven't you posted pictures taken with your new lenses? Your lenses need the exercise, no use keeping them in drybox.
    shy la...oni got model shoot photos...wanna post something more for general viewing mah...try to shoot some flowers but windy leh...manual focus cannot catch...oni got a fake flower shoot at home...chingay next
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  11. #11
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Anyway back to original question from flowerpot...
    Pick your macro lens according to the angle of view and subject isolation. The DFA 50mm macro is good for products/still life; though the FA version I would say has the edge performance wise.

    Shooting flower macros manually is no problem, even if it is windy. Just work on your technique. Here's a shot with taken with the manual focus Sigma 90mm f/2.8 Macro hand held with a breeze blowing.


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Anyway back to original question from flowerpot...
    Pick your macro lens according to the angle of view and subject isolation. The DFA 50mm macro is good for products/still life; though the FA version I would say has the edge performance wise.

    Shooting flower macros manually is no problem, even if it is windy. Just work on your technique. Here's a shot with taken with the manual focus Sigma 90mm f/2.8 Macro hand held with a breeze blowing.
    nice flower...this weekend try again...hope no wind

    sigma got 90mm marco meh Tamron si bo...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  13. #13
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    nice flower...this weekend try again...hope no wind

    sigma got 90mm marco meh Tamron si bo...
    Yes of course Sigma has a 90mm f/2.8 manual focus macro lens, just that not many people have seen this excellent lens. Very compact lens that comes with with a serious looking felt lined lens hood.


    Photo taken with FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro

    BTW better go check your spelling of macro? All your posts spelling salah.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Yes of course Sigma has a 90mm f/2.8 manual focus macro lens, just that not many people have seen this excellent lens. Very compact lens that comes with with a serious looking felt lined lens hood.


    Photo taken with FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro

    BTW better go check your spelling of macro? All your posts spelling salah.
    ya wrong spelling... macro......

    really got sigma 90mm

    anyway decided not to get any more macro lens at the moment...not point if its under utilize, used wat i have first... a wide is wat im looking for...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  15. #15

    Default Re: D FA 50mm marco

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    think he buy as a package from someone...a very very good deal...would have got it myself...

    Saw 1 pc at CP 2 weeks ago...price about 600 plus ...D FA 100mm also have...700 plus
    Heheheheh, you're so right buddy.
    Got it as a package with a good price indeed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •