Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phase 1 of F1 ticket goes on sale tomorrow (What and where will you choose)

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Phase 1 of F1 ticket goes on sale tomorrow (What and where will you choose)

Just wondering, for such a big event, are there race queens? I would love to get a ticket (anyone knows which type) that allows interraction with them, seeing how other race events had them (but never went before cos they are overseas). Anyone with any ideas?

Default Re: Phase 1 of F1 ticket goes on sale tomorrow (What and where will you choose)

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    $1300 for 3 days though right? Just pay for the final day.
    bro, if 3 days is S$1388, how much do you think the final day ticket would be ? by the way, 1 day ticket prices are not out yet, but my guess is that the $1388 tickets would be anywhere between 800 to 900 bucks for the race day only.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Just wondering, for such a big event, are there race queens? I would love to get a ticket (anyone knows which type) that allows interraction with them, seeing how other race events had them (but never went before cos they are overseas). Anyone with any ideas?
    unless you have a press pass, i don't think you will be able to get close to the race queens. most of the time, the race queens would be in the pitlane area only.

where's bro Godzilla ? He should know better and have more info...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    The walkabout ticket looks interesting..
    aiya, forget to tell u that i can prebook the ticket yesterday.

thought of getting the tickets for bay grandstand leh. want to buy tickets online also problem...website sucks big time. must be crashing left right and center since morning. twice i manage to get thru but halfway connection died. hotline also cant get thru. might have to resort to armchair viewing liao

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Friends, brethren, countrymen, listen to me please. Its not worth spending your hard earned money on this. Just not worth it. Save this money and fly to Melbourne, Shanghai, Bahrain to watch the F1 race. Or go two years in a row to Sepang for this money. Its atrocious !!!!
    eh bro...how much are the sepang tickets usually? can still get?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    Bro, me going to sepang. See you there.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Bro, me going to sepang. See you there.
    basket...at least answer my questions first lah

basket...at least answer my questions first lah
    Ok lah, apologies. We'll be going in group. What I know is the hillstand is S$55.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Ok lah, apologies. We'll be going in group. What I know is the hillstand is S$55.
    hehe...found the website. you bought hillstand tickets? view looks good man...

i give up on the online booking

hehe...found the website. you bought hillstand tickets? view looks good man...
    Mine is booked through a tour agency, which my friend had been using for the Sepang F1 race in the past years. Maybe I can try to find out for you other things.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

bro,
    hope you found this website already...
    i went there in 2006 and 2007 and in both cases, i booked quite late - like 3 weeks prior to the race. in 2006 i saw from F Gold (not that great a view) and in 2007 from K Gold (very nice first corner view). if you want to keep the costs low, the hill stands are not too bad, if you have a tele lens (at least 400mm)
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm, looks like the situation in Singapore is different than elsewhere? I heard that other countries' races (maybe not F1, but comparable ones), common Joes can go down to the pit areas or race queen areas.

unless you have a press pass, i don't think you will be able to get close to the race queens. most of the time, the race queens would be in the pitlane area only.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hmm, looks like the situation in Singapore is different than elsewhere? I heard that other countries' races (maybe not F1, but comparable ones), common Joes can go down to the pit areas or race queen areas.
    Common Joes can definitely not enter pit areas in formula one, or the race queen areas.

Mine is booked through a tour agency, which my friend had been using for the Sepang F1 race in the past years. Maybe I can try to find out for you other things.
    bro,
    hope you found this website already...
    i went there in 2006 and 2007 and in both cases, i booked quite late - like 3 weeks prior to the race. in 2006 i saw from F Gold (not that great a view) and in 2007 from K Gold (very nice first corner view). if you want to keep the costs low, the hill stands are not too bad, if you have a tele lens (at least 400mm)
    thanks bros! ya i saw that website. the K2 hillstand seems like a good view.

friend forward me this other one. anyone tried before?

http://www.f1-malaysia.com/singapore/index.htm

vince123123
    Guests

Even if they are rich common Joes?

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Common Joes can definitely not enter pit areas in formula one, or the race queen areas.

Last year I saw that the people in K2 stand were having quite a good time. Do note that its 'uncovered', so there is no protection from the elements. I think you can carry an umbrella though.

I've always booked from the official website.

And driving there is the best option, as the public transport to and from the circuit is quite non-existant. Or if you go in a group of 3-4 friends, you can hire a taxi for the entire to and fro journey from KL city to the circuit. That's what some of my friends did last year.

Last year I saw that the people in K2 stand were having quite a good time. Do note that its 'uncovered', so there is no protection from the elements. I think you can carry an umbrella though.

I've always booked from the official website.

And driving there is the best option, as the public transport to and from the circuit is quite non-existant. Or if you go in a group of 3-4 friends, you can hire a taxi for the entire to and fro journey from KL city to the circuit. That's what some of my friends did last year.
    ok thanks. let me go find some kaki first

i give up on the online booking
    You are right - really terrible site.
    I managed to go all the way until keying of credit card numbers and then the website crashed.
    I rush down to the local post office and they told me they only managed to sell one ticket from opening time and then the website crashed.
    Sigh ...

I have tried the K1 stands - very good view. Got shelter and seats and chio bus too !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast