Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Any Cactus lover?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Wink Any Cactus lover?

    Brought 3 cactus from Ikea on the 4th. Place them nice on the window ledge, don't worry, wouldn't fall down one. Just now water it, saw 2 flower buds on one of them. Now waiting for it to open up. Will take photo of it and post. Wonder is it common for cactus to have flowers?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    i've 2 small cacti..from IKEA..not sure how many water they need leh...how? i'm adding like 1ml to each of them every other day...enough?!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    i've 2 small cacti..from IKEA..not sure how many water they need leh...how? i'm adding like 1ml to each of them every other day...enough?!
    Just water them once per wk will do. Cactus don't need much water. I got 3 cause the metal container comes in 3 too.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    i've 2 small cacti..from IKEA..not sure how many water they need leh...how? i'm adding like 1ml to each of them every other day...enough?!
    u use a dropper?

    think cactus need more sunlight than water...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    i use a 2ml syringe. . I put them by the window..cos got diffused lighting.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    This morning, took a look, 2 flower buds, nice nice.

    Went to sleep as night shift yesterday, wake up n take a look at cactus.

    5 X flower buds liao! 五福临门!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    This morning, took a look, 2 flower buds, nice nice.

    Went to sleep as night shift yesterday, wake up n take a look at cactus.

    5 X flower buds liao! 五福临门!
    got 2 numbers for toto liao...

    put more water, let it huat...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Flower Blossom liao!



    The other flower buds, can see?

    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Geylang Bahru
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Flower Blossom liao!



    The other flower buds, can see?


    Zomg. I didn't know that cactus flowers look like that. I always thought the one on top of the green colour cactus, usually red/yellow round looking thingy is the flower!! Nevermind, learnt something new today.. -___-"
    Catch more of me on: xia0xue.blogspot.com
    :heart:

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    eh u like faking us leh, the flower look like you PSed one...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    eh u like faking us leh, the flower look like you PSed one...
    So expert in PS, I no need to work so hard liao lor. You want to come to my house n see for urself?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    is very common for cactus to flower
    but they only last few days ..

    i have tat cactus before ..
    they reproduce by growing a bud on itself. u can remove it and grow into another pot

    if ur a fengshui believer u wont plant them in the house.
    only outside

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    is very common for cactus to flower
    but they only last few days ..

    i have tat cactus before ..
    they reproduce by growing a bud on itself. u can remove it and grow into another pot

    if ur a fengshui believer u wont plant them in the house.
    only outside
    On the window area, consider inside or outside? Or 1/2 1/2?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    On the window area, consider inside or outside? Or 1/2 1/2?
    put on the window pane, then swing the pane wide open, make sure it drop down... Confirm outside...

    remember to call mata if someone kena hit...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    cactus good. can throw at my room mate when i'm pissed
    chezburgr i can haz?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Flower Blossom liao!



    The other flower buds, can see?

    nice cactus, where did you get the metal flower pot? i'm using a small plastic coaster to hold back the loose soil....then total one of them (a tall one) toppled over, then the cactus become 'loose'(like a loose tooth etc), just tried to pad it back into place...can liao or not!!?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    nice cactus, where did you get the metal flower pot? i'm using a small plastic coaster to hold back the loose soil....then total one of them (a tall one) toppled over, then the cactus become 'loose'(like a loose tooth etc), just tried to pad it back into place...can liao or not!!?
    I found 3 metal containers beside the cactus at Ikea and so, brought 3 pots of cactus lor. The flower will "sleep" during evening n this morning, 6am+, open again, so cute!

    Think ur cactus will be fine. Go down stair n get some soil to replace if u think not enough lor. Remember not to over water it. My area humility is high, thinks my cactus don't need much water liao.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I found 3 metal containers beside the cactus at Ikea and so, brought 3 pots of cactus lor. The flower will "sleep" during evening n this morning, 6am+, open again, so cute!

    Think ur cactus will be fine. Go down stair n get some soil to replace if u think not enough lor. Remember not to over water it. My area humility is high, thinks my cactus don't need much water liao.
    Lim zui ho... Lim zui huay kui HO HO HO...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    OT a bit... of late, I noticed that wedding guests tend to bring cactus plants as gifts to wedding couple, wondering why?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Any Cactus lover?

    Hi...would like to share my 2 little ones at my kitchen window. Pics were taken after a heavy thunderstorm and water splashed all over the cactus. Tot they looked good and decided to try some macro shots on them....(taken way back in Dec'05 and still growing very well). I water them almost every other day.........



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •