Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting Ho Chi Minh City, Any thing to note?

Impt thing... get vaccinations!

I went to vietnam once and forgot about vaccinations... i was so afraid to catch something there thus i was unable to fully enjoy my trip.

Was there few years ago. Have a really really simple and humble photo log here. And yes, I suck at webpage design. But hope it can be of some reference?

http://www.repdetect.net/

Originally posted by Noir
    Was there few years ago. Have a really really simple and humble photo log here. And yes, I suck at webpage design. But hope it can be of some reference?
    Hi Noir,

So how long did you spend in HCMC? Will 5 days be enough?

Thanks for sharing aagin, guys.

Cheers!

Ming Huei

Hi there!

I wasted too much time in HCMC, considering I was there alone, on my first backpacking trip. Would have liked to travel to more places in this beautiful country. Personally I think spending 2 full days in HCMC itself is enough. U should consider a 2 to 3-day-excursion to the delta also, if time allows. Try Sinh Cafe as jeff chen mentioned. They do a range of short excursions out of the city at reasonable prices, catering to the backpackers' market.
    Last edited by Noir; 30th May 2003 at 08:08 PM.

Ming Huei, I wld suggest you go there and have a look see for yrself, before u decide how long you wanna stay.

Some people will get bored after a while, as there isn't much shopping malls if u are the shopping mall type. Only one spanking new mall called Diamond Plaza. Also, some people can't tahan the food there...or the traffic there.

As for speaking English, most of the shop owners and pple in District 1 speak some English, as that is a tourist belt. The main shopping belt is in Dong Kaoi. Don't expect much English to be spoken in other Districts. Taxi drivers have minimum knowledge of English. Do try to learn a little of conversation Vietnamese before you go there.

Don't worry abt crossing the road and traffic and all, u will get used to it after a while. Don't self-drive in Vietnam, cause you may run into accidents (left hand drive by the way) and then get into trouble with the legal system there. Take taxis, they are not that expensive.

I wld suggest u buy travel insurance before u go, as u may encounter food poisoning and other possible travel ailments.

Generally, I think 7-10 days would be just nice, and that includes short trips to Dalat and Mekong Delt, plus visits within HCM city itself.

Enjoy

Many thanks guys.

Looks like its going to be an interesting trip.

Cheers!

Ming Huei

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12