Thread: Product photography

Default Product photography

Hi to all,

I 'm recently into this product photography taking pictures of watches. But i can't get the effect that i wanted. I' m currently using D200 with 17-55 lens. I wnted to take close up and blew out images but i can't because of the min focus distance. Is it because of the wrong lens used. Anyone can share some guidance here?

Thanks.

Default Re: Product photography

Perhap it would be better to post a pic or two to show so we know the results you had.

Do not post questions in gallery section.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceratos View Post
    Hi to all,

I 'm recently into this product photography taking pictures of watches. But i can't get the effect that i wanted. I' m currently using D200 with 17-55 lens. I wnted to take close up and blew out images but i can't because of the min focus distance. Is it because of the wrong lens used. Anyone can share some guidance here?

Thanks.
    You need a macro lens to take close-up or macro shots. Else need to use an extension tube or close-up filter to get closer shots but magnification not as big compare to shots taken by a macro lens.
    Last edited by megaweb; 11th February 2008 at 02:18 PM.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Thanks bro, I will close this thread as it looks like i'm in the wrong place...