Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Thread: good running shoes

  1. #21

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thanks guys.

    where are the mizuno boutiques?

    i only saw the asics one in marina square.
    Mizuno has a branch in AMK hub. But I suggest going to the Peninsula hotel mall at the top. Cheaper prices.
    Alpha

  2. #22

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Nike AIR + Macbook AIR...

    Anyway, I think getting shoes and camera is the same... It doesn't really matter what your equipment is unless you're all out for professional.
    huh?really?
    but i buy d3 i dont intend to go professional one wor....?!?!?

    i think shoes matters.

    i dont think i can run with my pumas that i use for driving.those have extremely flat soles and are good for feeling my pedals.but absolutely a pain in the sole for running!!!!

  3. #23

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Mizuno has a branch in AMK hub. But I suggest going to the Peninsula hotel mall at the top. Cheaper prices.
    mizuno is a high end shoe maker?wat are the typical prices?

  4. #24
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    mizuno is a high end shoe maker?wat are the typical prices?
    Depending on what you want and what you need, you can get Mizuno shoes ranging from about $80-200+
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  5. #25

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Depending on what you want and what you need, you can get Mizuno shoes ranging from about $80-200+
    thanks.will pop by for a peep

  6. #26

    Default Re: good running shoes

    I'm using the Nike Air Pegasus. Not the lightest, but provides very good cushioning.

    Edit: I just saw your earlier post about the gym package. If you intend to run mainly on the gym threadmill, cushioning isn't as critical. Get a lightweight one.
    Last edited by Gunbucker; 11th February 2008 at 03:55 PM.

  7. #27

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    fyi, i have 4 ipods.

    1 itouch, 2 x 30gb and 1 x ishuffle.
    what? you don't have 80Gb and Nano? Xiao!

  8. #28

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    I'm using the Nike Air Pegasus. Not the lightest, but provides very good cushioning.

    Edit: I just saw your earlier post about the gym package. If you intend to run mainly on the gym threadmill, cushioning isn't as critical. Get a lightweight one.

    my gym sessions are after work, so i doubt i will use my running shoes.
    i'll prob wear the pumas for my gym sessions.
    i dont like running on threadmills.
    i prefer running on roads with slopes.should be able to burn more calories i reckon.

  9. #29

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    my gym sessions are after work, so i doubt i will use my running shoes.
    i'll prob wear the pumas for my gym sessions.
    i dont like running on threadmills.
    i prefer running on roads with slopes.should be able to burn more calories i reckon.
    Yes, outdoor running is quite a difference from the threadmill. I'm not a competitive runner, so I chose my shoes based on how good a cushioning system it provides.

  10. #30
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: good running shoes

    for the last 3-4 years, i've been running with New Balance running shoes. Served me quite well. this year i bought a pair of Asics running shoes on sale for $149 at Royal Sporting House, Suntec city branch. Feels very comfortable and lightweight, with great cushioning.

    some additional unwanted advice, which you can toss out of the window...

    losing weight is a combination of controlling your diet (less carbohydrates, more protein and good fats), mild weight training and brisk walking/running. in my humble opinion, if one is overweight, one should lose weight first and then run, rather than running to lose weight. when one is overweight, the impact on the knees and ankles is very high during running. brisk walking is a better exercise to lose weight (for overweight persons).

    remember to do your stretches and warm-ups before your run and cool downs after your run. otherwise, you risk injury.

    ps : happy new year....
    Last edited by asterixsg; 11th February 2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: added "for overweight persons"
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  11. #31

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    I've been putting on weight and had decided to go jogging.
    when i took out my nike from my shoe cabi, sole has disintegrated!

    i know most of you guys serve NS, so thought you guys will prob be the people to ask when it comes to running shoes.

    any recommendations?
    for pure running only.

    i'm have been quite disappointed with Nike.had owned a few pairs before but none last more than 1 year.
    I wasn't satisfied with Nike but switched brands a couple of times and back with Nike. Some people were telling me Saucony is best but it's hard to find in SG so I haven't got to try them yet.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 11th February 2008 at 04:28 PM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Asics for the win. Specially engineered to be good to your feet. even more so than the western brands.

  13. #33

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    for the last 3-4 years, i've been running with New Balance running shoes. Served me quite well. this year i bought a pair of Asics running shoes on sale for $149 at Royal Sporting House, Suntec city branch. Feels very comfortable and lightweight, with great cushioning.

    some additional unwanted advice, which you can toss out of the window...

    losing weight is a combination of controlling your diet (less carbohydrates, more protein and good fats), mild weight training and brisk walking/running. in my humble opinion, if one is overweight, one should lose weight first and then run, rather than running to lose weight. when one is overweight, the impact on the knees and ankles is very high during running. brisk walking is a better exercise to lose weight (for overweight persons).

    remember to do your stretches and warm-ups before your run and cool downs after your run. otherwise, you risk injury.

    ps : happy new year....

    ya i know.thanks so much.have been watching my diet...sigh.

  14. #34

    Default Re: good running shoes

    I 2nd Asics shoes. I have worn out knees, collapsed arches, loose ankles and achilles tendonitis and have tried Nike, Addidas, Reebok and ONLY Asics served me well as I did not feel any pain in my knees and had less strain on my tendons after running. Just in case you guys are wondering why I have so many leg problems, I was an avid soccer player and serving the army was the final blow to my legs

  15. #35

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDude View Post
    I 2nd Asics shoes. I have worn out knees, collapsed arches, loose ankles and achilles tendonitis and have tried Nike, Addidas, Reebok and ONLY Asics served me well as I did not feel any pain in my knees and had less strain on my tendons after running. Just in case you guys are wondering why I have so many leg problems, I was an avid soccer player and serving the army was the final blow to my legs
    Me too i used to have alot pain in the lower limbs thanks to old injuries and the Asics shoes actually cushion the impact we put our feet thru and ease the pain ALOT. so these are shoes that you should get your hands on if you can afford them. Nikes, Reeboks etc from the west dun do anything to help support your feet. Jeanie just to drive my point home, National Geographic had a program that explores the engineering behind shoes and they showed how much R&D goes into a pair of Asics...at one point they even showed the scientist dropping an egg from 3 floors above the padding they use the shoes. No crack whatsoever in the egg when it landed!

  16. #36

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    ya i know.thanks so much.have been watching my diet...sigh.
    rye bread's good if you're trying to lose weight

  17. #37

    Default Re: good running shoes

    You can just ask the salesman instead of wasting bandwidth.

    I was told by an orthopedist that the New Balance were among the best. To me, I still love Adidas.

    Or to do it seriously try this :

    From here

    Steps
    1Step OneDip a bare foot into water and step on a piece of paper placed on a hard surface.
    2Step TwoTrace the outline of your foot with a pen.
    3Step ThreeLook at the imprint left by the arch of your foot. If you have flat feet, you're probably an over-pronater. A medium arch indicates neutral pronation, and a high arch says supination (under-pronation).
    4Step FourGo to a specialty running or sports store late in the day or after a run.
    5Step FiveWear the socks you normally wear when you run, and bring in your old running shoes if possible. A good running-shoe salesperson can tell a lot by the wear of your old shoes, including pronation.
    6Step SixGet both feet measured by a salesperson. Choose shoes that fit the larger foot.
    7Step SevenTalk to the salesperson about the terrain you run on, the mileage you cover, and your pronation.
    8Step EightTry on the shoes.
    9Step NineStand up. Press your thumb into the top of the shoe, just above your longest toe. Your thumb should fit between the end of your toe and the end of the shoe.
    10Step TenWiggle your toes. If you can't wiggle with ease, the toe box is too small.
    11Step Eleven Feel the arch bump of the shoe. It should hit slightly toward the rear of your arch.
    12Step Twelve Make sure your heel fits snugly and does not slide up and down as you walk or run.
    13Step Thirteen Go for a test jog or walk around the store.
    Tips & Warnings
    Talk to a knowledgeable salesperson when selecting your shoes and try on more than one pair.
    Try shoes one-half or one size larger than your street shoes.
    Over-pronaters need shoes with motion control and a straight sole.
    Neutral pronaters need shoes with stability and a semi-curved sole.
    Under-pronaters need shoes with extra cushioning and a curved sole.
    Don't judge a shoe by its price tag.
    For best performance, wear your running shoes for running only. Replace them when needed - don't resole them.
    Keep your shoes as dry as possible. Air-dry them after every use.
    Improperly fitted shoes can lead to injury and pain.
    Run short distances in your new shoes before attempting a long run
    Last edited by Loupisk; 11th February 2008 at 09:59 PM.
    Even if I do not agree with you, I will always fight for you to have your say.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    what? you don't have 80Gb and Nano? Xiao!
    I think nano is one of the best and cutest iPod around.

  19. #39

    Default Re: good running shoes

    Quote Originally Posted by Loupisk View Post
    You can just ask the salesman instead of wasting bandwidth.


    A knowledgeable and honest sales person here in singapore?! maybe when pigs fly!

  20. #40

    Default Re: good running shoes



    Well after the tenth pair you buy, they start to be really nice.

    They must get to know you a bit.

    Same everywhere I guess.


    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    A knowledgeable and honest sales person here in singapore?! maybe when pigs fly!
    Last edited by Loupisk; 11th February 2008 at 10:15 PM.
    Even if I do not agree with you, I will always fight for you to have your say.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •