Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: which is your preferred budget airline ?

  1. #21
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Listed the $500 jetstar tickets on yahoo auctions, bidding starts from $418 onwards.

    http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/262633592

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    So jetstar is better than tiger?
    coz i'm planning to go to bangkok in may.
    Booked hotel already...
    Now comparing between these 3 budget airlines.
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  3. #23

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    i prefer jetstar. i dislike using the overhead carriage and jetstar has wider leg room so i can still be somewhat comfortable when i leave my handcarry under my seat

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Upper Thomson, Singapore
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    ValuAir... top notch.

    Other than that I'd love AirAsia Malaysia... not the Thai or Indo ones. Wouldnt mind trying FireFly too, heard they'er good.

  5. #25
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    My preference is for jetstar as well but i've got no time to travel hence the reason for selling it.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Haha... Almost 100% Jetstar lovers...
    Then I think I'm going for Jetstar...
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  7. #27
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Hey Paranoia08, do leave a bid on the auction website or PM or email me with your contacts to deal for the vouchers if you are interested. Very worth it if you are confirm going on a short trip anytime from now till june. Thanks

    http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/262633592

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia08 View Post
    Haha... Almost 100% Jetstar lovers...
    Then I think I'm going for Jetstar...

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    http://www.jetstar.com.sg

    looks like there is a promotion going on now...

  9. #29
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    My vouchers can also be used in conjunction with the PROMO guys! Hope somebody will take it off my hands then can maybe go into my camera funds

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wzmivan View Post
    Hey Paranoia08, do leave a bid on the auction website or PM or email me with your contacts to deal for the vouchers if you are interested. Very worth it if you are confirm going on a short trip anytime from now till june. Thanks

    http://sg.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/262633592
    Bro... I don't understand how to voucher works.
    Is it a 2 way ticket?
    How about the taxes and stuffs?
    What to do with the voucher?
    So It's a $500 voucher u mean?
    Last edited by Paranoia08; 28th March 2008 at 03:29 PM.
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Btw, Just to check with you guys.
    What's the difference between Jetflex and Jetsaver?
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  12. #32
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    You can use it to buy 2 way return tickets with the voucher. But cannot be used to pay taxes and air/fuel surcharge. $500 worth of vouchers in $50 denominations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia08 View Post
    Bro... I don't understand how to voucher works.
    Is it a 2 way ticket?
    How about the taxes and stuffs?
    What to do with the voucher?
    So It's a $500 voucher u mean?

  13. #33
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Jetflex is more expensive coz' u can call in to change dates at a fee. Jetsaver is FIXED dates flights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia08 View Post
    Btw, Just to check with you guys.
    What's the difference between Jetflex and Jetsaver?

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia08 View Post
    Btw, Just to check with you guys.
    What's the difference between Jetflex and Jetsaver?
    i think Jetflex u can change the timing if u want after purchase..

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    wzmivan - So it's like $50 discount? hehe.. ok... Understand.. I'll check with my fiancee to see if she wants. =)

    raincool2005 & wzmivan - Thanks for enlightening me for the difference.

    But still wondering what other differences are there between Jetstar and tiger or airasia.
    Besides the leg space.
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  16. #36
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Ya but its actually on a bid right now and bidding from $418 onwards. $450 is my "deal now" price. But if you are interested just leave a bid of $418 and if nobody else wants it then its yours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia08 View Post
    wzmivan - So it's like $50 discount? hehe.. ok... Understand.. I'll check with my fiancee to see if she wants. =)

    raincool2005 & wzmivan - Thanks for enlightening me for the difference.

    But still wondering what other differences are there between Jetstar and tiger or airasia.
    Besides the leg space.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wzmivan View Post
    Ya but its actually on a bid right now and bidding from $418 onwards. $450 is my "deal now" price. But if you are interested just leave a bid of $418 and if nobody else wants it then its yours!
    So it can be use to book online?
    But how to?
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  18. #38
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    There are transaction voucher codes on the voucher to use the Jetstar Credits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia08 View Post
    So it can be use to book online?
    But how to?

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wzmivan View Post
    There are transaction voucher codes on the voucher to use the Jetstar Credits.
    So if I use the voucher to pay to $622 Including Taxes, 2 Pax.
    Then it'll deduct off $500? And I'll pay the remaining $122 by HSCB?

    I mean, coz u said it cannot be use to deduct taxes.


    Eg.

    DEPARTURE Total $378.00 Adult $119.00
    SFT $70.00
    Airfare per Adult $189.00
    2 Adults Subtotal $378.00
    RETURN Total $244.00 Adult $38.00
    SFT $84.00
    Airfare per Adult $122.00
    2 Adults Subtotal $244.00
    EXTRAS total $ TOTAL $622.00
    Last edited by Paranoia08; 28th March 2008 at 04:52 PM.
    Canon EOS 40D | Canon Powershot S5 IS

  20. #40
    Member wzmivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore (North)
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: which is your preferred budget airline ?

    i donno which of the below refers to taxes. I know that the vouchers are only to be used to offset Airfares alone....
    so for example... 2 tickets to XXX destination @ $150/each and 2 tickets back to Singapore from XXX @ $120/each (Exclude tax and surcharges)
    then u can use the voucher to claim airfares ($150*2 + $120*2 = $540 pay $500 via voucher and remainder $40 plus taxes tru your HSBC visa card)


    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia08 View Post
    So if I use the voucher to pay to $622 Including Taxes, 2 Pax.
    Then it'll deduct off $500? And I'll pay the remaining $122 by HSCB?

    I mean, coz u said it cannot be use to deduct taxes.


    Eg.

    DEPARTURE Total $378.00 Adult $119.00
    SFT $70.00
    Airfare per Adult $189.00
    2 Adults Subtotal $378.00
    RETURN Total $244.00 Adult $38.00
    SFT $84.00
    Airfare per Adult $122.00
    2 Adults Subtotal $244.00
    EXTRAS total $ TOTAL $622.00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •