Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any dog owners here?

hey..yr chh looks really smart...can actually pose for u to take pics...hehee...real life model..

Originally posted by Bato
    JarJar - our 1.5 years old chihuahua..

Originally posted by freshie
    My ms too...will pee once he gets excited playing wif ppl...haiz..no matter how i train..

as for the shihtzu, u can't get it back? did u microchip it? if got hor, then legally wise u can get it back loh..but it's up to u whether u wanna get it back from tat familee... since now u alreadi have yr ms
    any1 care to verify this i heard? If i m not wrong even if u microchip, AVA may not even let u have it back if they deem it is your fault tat u lost your pet. i heard they even go 2 an extend to ban u from having a pet anymore if it is happening again and again the lost of your pet.

Tats wat i heard from a dog groomer dun know how true it is

er..dun think they actually does that...they will only intervene when u kena complained and they went to investigate...and if so, it takes 3 warning letters to take away yr dog from u.

but once microchipped, u lost the dog, they found it, they'll have to return to u mah... that's the purpose of microchip..

Originally posted by jeffgoh
    any1 care to verify this i heard? If i m not wrong even if u microchip, AVA may not even let u have it back if they deem it is your fault tat u lost your pet. i heard they even go 2 an extend to ban u from having a pet anymore if it is happening again and again the lost of your pet.

Tats wat i heard from a dog groomer dun know how true it is

how come u all like dogs (or animals for that matter)?

Originally posted by clive
    how come u all like dogs (or animals for that matter)?
    wwah, erm... uhhh... *scratch head*

not to sound condescending but if we could explain it to you, you wouldn't get it anyway. it's like asking what is love....

I always have this question lingering at the back of my mind. All those breeds, especially those small cute looking lump of fur balls... Are they natural breeds, as in, they evolved naturally into what they are now. Or are they a result of genetic mix and match from different breeds by humans. Can a terrier or a maltese survive in a jungle ? I mean look at their set of teeth, so small, when they bite, they evoke laughter more than pain ! How could they ever catch (with their pathetic speed) and kill (yeah with their puny fangs) their prey ? They're a result of cross breeds right ? No ?
    Last edited by nicky; 31st May 2003 at 03:49 AM.

Originally posted by nicky
    I always have this question lingering at the back of my mind. All those breeds, especially those small cute looking lump of fur balls... Are they natural breeds, as in, they evolved naturally into what they are now. Or are they a result of genetic mix and match from different breeds by humans. Can a terrier or a maltese survive in a jungle ? I mean look at their set of teeth, so small, when they bite, they evoke laughter more than pain ! How could they ever catch (with their pathetic speed) and kill (yeah with their puny fangs) their prey ? They're a result of cross breeds right ? No ?

Yeah those small teeth huh.
    A terrier has enuff strength in those jaw to snap your wrist.

They are just very sociable and see no need to use such force.
    Terrier are very good rodent hunter with the short legged version extremely adaptated to digging and harressing critter in burrows.

Some of the breed feature, dwarfism etc... are indeed the result of selective inbreeding but maltese and the like have existed for many years.

Originally posted by Larry
    wwah, erm... uhhh... *scratch head*

not to sound condescending but if we could explain it to you, you wouldn't get it anyway. it's like asking what is love....

i own a 3 yrs old english cocker spaniel
    dogs are the most wonderful creatures God created for mankind IMO
    Thanks God !

i agree

Originally posted by kex
    i own a 3 yrs old english cocker spaniel
    dogs are the most wonderful creatures God created for mankind IMO
    Thanks God !

anyone experincing skin problem on their dogs, wan to share your experience?

freshie mind if I OT here, I can start new thread.

My dog skin problem is driving me nuts!

at first she developed bad rashes on her belly then bring to vet, injection and drug, clear up

change her food to ekanuba from pedigree. Her skin went worst. hair drop and got a lot of bald patches.
    She is so itchy, she keep scratching until wounds all over her face, ears.

very "kek sim" want to faint

on advise of friend change to Solid Gold Holistic dog food and Flak seed oil supplement. she seem to be a bit better. But Solid Gold is so EXXXXXXXXXXXX

like to know if anything special you guys/gals feed your dogs. Any supplements? Or any banned food for them.

Any one else have problem with ekanuba or only me?
    Last edited by zekai; 2nd June 2003 at 09:06 PM.

Originally posted by zekai

prehaps u can share wat kinda skin pro is tt...
    i may be a newbie in photography but do knoe abit on dogs if not veri good....

i edit my post above

at first she developed bad rashes on her belly then bring to vet, injection and drug, clear up

change her food to ekanuba from pedigree. Her skin went worst. hair drop and got a lot of bald patches.

on advise of friend change to Solid Gold Holistic dog food and Flak seed oil supplement. she seem to be a bit better. But Solid Gold is so EXXXXXXXXXXXX

like to know if anything special you guys/gals feed your dogs. Any supplements? Or any banned food for them.

Yes i have the same proiblem as well after 2 different vet finally narrow down to scabbies and yeast infection. yes i m feed mikki SG holistic and flak seed oil with sea meal. I would suggest u go 2 a vet with mocroscopy faclities to do a skin scrapping to determine wat is the root problem cos it can take a long time to get it completely cure.

the other way u may try is barf diet.

http://www.bluegrace.com/barf.html
    hope it helps.

Ehh dogs are juz like cam lor...need proper care one...solid gold is a good brand...its ex now coz u r feeding the holistic one.
    Dogs should keep away from citric food such as orange, lemons etc and chocs r a no no for them.

If u wan a better diet for skin problem treatment u can try california natural. Hope that helps.

Else u can always pm mi for more info.

wow thanks for the tips.
    she did the skin scrape test already.
    Vet say a lot of bacteria on her, but after her medication she was fine until i itchy finger buy 15KG Ekanuba.

So SOLID GOLD is really so good... (1 KG almost 10 dollar) no choice she is like a daughter to me.

will keep feeding her these supplement and hope she get better.

Originally posted by jeffgoh
    Yes i have the same proiblem as well after 2 different vet finally narrow down to scabbies and yeast infection. yes i m feed mikki SG holistic and flak seed oil with sea meal. I would suggest u go 2 a vet with mocroscopy faclities to do a skin scrapping to determine wat is the root problem cos it can take a long time to get it completely cure.

the other way u may try is barf diet.

http://www.bluegrace.com/barf.html
    hope it helps.
    I went to the website. feeding them raw meat!!!
    Will think and read more about that.

zekai, if you want more feedback, post in http://www.doggiesite.com forums, should be able to get more help there

I went to the website. feeding them raw meat!!!
    Will think and read more about that.
    Barf diet can be good but its quite troublesome IMO.
    U can always find out more from doggiesite.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast