Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After Edison's Incident, Would You Send Your Lappy Back If There Is A Problem?

Default After Edison's Incident, Would You Send Your Lappy Back If There Is A Problem?

The recent Edison saga, i believe everyone know about it... i was thinking, what if buddies here who does artistic nudes shots or hot shoots, and one day their lappy just dies off? hw would you respond?

i know hardly people will use a lappy for major editing, but for people who are on the go, or in the media industry, i know that we have very little time to process through the pix and send it to the editor...

i personally got no choice but to store some in the lappy everytime in fear it would die...

Default Re: After Edison's Incident, Would You Send Your Lappy Back If There Is A Problem?

Well, the safest thing you can do is do your backups regularly. If you lappy breaks down, you can always take out the HDD, connect to another computer and do a wipe.

Default Re: After Edison's Incident, Would You Send Your Lappy Back If There Is A Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    Well, the safest thing you can do is do your backups regularly. If you lappy breaks down, you can always take out the HDD, connect to another computer and do a wipe.
    The MacBookAir's HDD can't be removed.

Good luck.

Whenever my PC or laptop is down (major breakdown), I always take out the HDD myself before bringing it to get it fixed. Get another new HDD and all new programs installed and then transfer everything back from the old HDD myself.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

artistic or hot shoots, it's vastly different from edison's experience what

you aren't him either, there won't be so much attention

actually, i think some singaporean is going to get notorious in this incident, though totally not directly involved. guess who? (hint: he made news in taiwan just few hours ago)

edit: ah. found the vid.

haiz, so despicable and shameful. they really use all sorts of methods to gain fame huh? i can imagine the talkshow in taiwan going wild(esp after the "english" incident)
    Last edited by satay16; 10th February 2008 at 06:49 PM.

wuh lan eh...simi daiji.

heard on the news via radio that this particular vid appeared in some hongkong or taiwan programme.

skin is thickus maximus sia.
    flickr me here ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamzcape View Post
    wuh lan eh...simi daiji.

heard on the news via radio that this particular vid appeared in some hongkong or taiwan programme.

skin is thickus maximus sia.
    yeah leh, damn shameful. i'm still trying to find a video of the news program.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    actually, i think some singaporean is going to get notorious in this incident, though totally not directly involved. guess who? (hint: he made news in taiwan just few hours ago)

haiz, so despicable and shameful. they really use all sorts of methods to gain fame huh? i can imagine the talkshow in taiwan going wild(esp after the "english" incident)
    woah.. this is sehr gross..
    -vomits all food tat i've eaten over the CNY-

he's so disgusting..

I think the 'english' incident was a bit blown out of context lah. In any case, it didn't even make the radar of news shows or newspapers over there.

Wonder what Edison might say if he sees this clip....

AR: Okay, another tick to why-I-shouldn't-get-the-Macbook-Air column then.
    Last edited by Prismatic; 10th February 2008 at 07:05 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

What's this "english" incident?

Pukez....

Suddenly I find myself ashamed to admit I'm a Singaporean.

Bro dont get so worked up le. Doubt so we'r tat famous. Even if we have such foto, dont tink so e shop where e repair was done wud even bother. No $$ gain fm doin it.

Unless u someone famous or known to e Sg community at least, maybe u shd worry. If not, relaz la. Life too short to worry abt every small possible thing tat can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    What's this "english" incident?
    In one of Taiwanese TV program, the invited celebrities and one so called English teacher
    talks about the standard of English in Singapore. They said the standard of English here is
    generally bad e.g. like to say thanks that sounds like "dance" & etc. People here likes to
    call or address strangers as Uncles or Aunties.

This edison really multi-talented,

Acting,posing,photography and videography all v good
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

vince123123
    Guests

Oh that incident hehe okok :P

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    In one of Taiwanese TV program, the invited celebrities and one so called English teacher
    talks about the standard of English in Singapore. They said the standard of English here is
    generally bad e.g. like to say thanks that sounds like "dance" & etc. People here likes to
    call or address strangers as Uncles or Aunties.

disgrace our chinese standard. wait, some even say disgrace our angmoh standard too!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

heck, tis idiot new year no money buy clothes issit?

can someone report to youtube or something for obscene pics or something?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    disgrace our chinese standard. wait, some even say disgrace our angmoh standard too!
    think he should go back into the forest, since he like to go naked... live with the apes better...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    think he should go back into the forest, since he like to go naked... live with the apes better...
    i cannot understand y he speak in such incomprehensible English. and of cos, i gave up long ago trying to understand y in the world he loves goin around half naked n sharing these crazy vids of his.

i wonder wat will happen if his lappy broke down n he brings it in for the repair?
    wonder wat fotos will they dig out??

man, its all too visual for me!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast