Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any DVD writer to recommend?

The Iomega one works fine Have burnt 3.4GB liao onto a DVD+RW using my slow Celeron 566.

I'm not too sure of the benefits of being able to burn onto both types of media though.... pricewise, the media cost almost identical but the "dual-format" drive usually cost at least $100 more than "single format" type.

Btw, Verbatim DVD+RW's are going for ~$9 per piece at the PC Show. Is this a good price? TDK ones are going for $18 a piece
    Last edited by mpenza; 5th June 2003 at 11:09 PM.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    The Iomega one works fine Have burnt 3.4GB liao onto a DVD+RW using my slow Celeron 566.

I'm not too sure of the benefits of being able to burn onto both types of media though.... pricewise, the media cost almost identical but the "dual-format" drive usually cost at least $100 more than "single format" type.

Btw, Verbatim DVD+RW's are going for ~$9 per piece at the PC Show. Is this a good price? TDK ones are going for $18 a piece
    the TDK one is abt $100 more, but you got much better software bundled, and the -R/RW media is still cheaper than +R/RW media now

$9 a piece ok lar... a year ago i got my DVD-R at $30+ a piece, and my first 3 DVD-R become coaster becos of the stupid drive.

Verbatim one is good, i just burn a few yesterday.

IIRC, you can get cheap cheap DVD-R at $3 in sim lim.
    oops....your iomega writer only support +R/RW hor....

would you know what price are the DVD+RW selling at SLS? The Chamoxa people said the PC Show price ($9) is much better. The Verbatim DVD-RW is selling at $8 or $9.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    would you know what price are the DVD+RW selling at SLS? The Chamoxa people said the PC Show price ($9) is much better. The Verbatim DVD-RW is selling at $8 or $9.
    hmm...dunno the latest price now...cos i got mine long long time ago....and it was $20 a piece

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12