Thread: Focus Recomposing...may cause backfocusing?

Default Focus Recomposing...may cause backfocusing?

Found this article about focus recomposing.....hmmm.... no wonder i get back focusing sometimes.....maybe i should try moving the focusing point instead next time.

http://visual-vacations.com/Photogra...pose_sucks.htm

Enjoy!

Default Re: Focus Recomposing...may cause backfocusing?

Yeah! Thanks for sharing, now then I know what back focusing actually means. No wonder sometimes, I couldn't tell why.

that is why it is always necessary and it is always better to use newer technology such as having lotsa focusing points.

that is also why having live preview on the lcd screen helps a lot.

[sidenote: but still there are ppl who will insist having a few focus point + recompose is enough. and still there will be ppl who refuse to acknowledge that live preview is useful]
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

This thread should be moved to General Reviews, Tech Talk as it doesn't relate specifically to a brand of camera.

Actually I find nothing remarkable about the article because it describes basic physics.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    This thread should be moved to General Reviews, Tech Talk as it doesn't relate specifically to a brand of camera.

Actually I find nothing remarkable about the article because it describes basic physics.
    I also think this thread should be under General Reviews sector Good reading nevertheless.

well its kinda simple...

so if the centre of focusing is the mid point, you rotate, treat it like a 'compass' then you will surely and definitely go OOF, unless your subject is curving the same radius.

so the best is still using your eyes to focus. AF is just for assist. in portraiture, the best method would be, fast AF to get focus, then use MF to fine tune.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

This i believe is much more pronouced if your depth of field is thin. Also almost negligable if you're using higher Fnumber for thicker depth of field.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post

so the best is still using your eyes to focus. AF is just for assist. in portraiture, the best method would be, fast AF to get focus, then use MF to fine tune.
    Why not just select different AF point so you can get the target's eyes/face in focus w/o moving the camera/lens? And I think that's what multiple AF points are for there for

Thanks mod for moving this thread from the Pentax forum. I am always thinking of Pentax...pentax...and Pentax...

Actually I use that method (different focusing point) when I have more time to take the shot. I find that when its a snap shot, focus and recompose seems to be faster and I have more keepers. Maybe its just my fingers slow (turning to the nearest focusing spot)...
    Canon EOS 5D MK I | Nikon D40