Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast / Siglap / Telok Kurau?

Default Re: East Coast / Siglap / Telok Kurau?

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    ... staying in siglap / opera estate area! ...

Have shot the wakeboarders at ski360 quite a few times.. made a couple of friends there as well.
    since dEthANGel has shot there before, may be you cld share with us your experience. what kind of lenses wld be appropriate and what time of the day wld be best? cld u show us some of your shots? tks!
    :cool:

Eunos Crescent boleh?

East Coast, Siglap, wherever you may be.. the EAST is definitely the best place to be in. Been living here all my life. Would love to meet up with you guys. Though I have to be honest.. I am no pro. But I love photography and just being trigger happy!!

Wake-boarding should be an interesting shoot. Never done that before. It'll be a bonus if there are some clad in their bikinis...

Quote Originally Posted by ronny View Post
    since dEthANGel has shot there before, may be you cld share with us your experience. what kind of lenses wld be appropriate and what time of the day wld be best? cld u show us some of your shots? tks!
    Lenses wise would be anything - seriously. Different focal lengths tell a different story. Basically to capture the wakeboarder @ the peak of the action - be it wide angle or closeup.
    As for time of day, pretty hard, i'd just try to shoot where their faces are not overdhadowed. You can find some of my postings in reportage & sports.

Hope this helps. Probably organise an outing of sorts?

I'm in staying in Siglap.....
    ........ keep this thread alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Alankpy View Post
    Eunos Crescent boleh?
    of cos boleh! ALL WELCOME :-) I actually started this thread to see if i can group people in the area to sort of organise outings and share this really wonderful (but expensive!) hobby..
    but hey...i'm sure no one gonna mind if you have a different postal code!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lazzerine View Post
    East Coast, Siglap, wherever you may be.. the EAST is definitely the best place to be in. Been living here all my life. Would love to meet up with you guys. Though I have to be honest.. I am no pro. But I love photography and just being trigger happy!!

Wake-boarding should be an interesting shoot. Never done that before. It'll be a bonus if there are some clad in their bikinis...
    be careful eh..might start up a flame war from those in the north, south and west! haha but you are right..EAST RULEZ!

anyways, i'm no pro either. just got started in this not more than a year ago..so let's shoot them bikinis

Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    I'm in staying in Siglap.....
    ........ keep this thread alive!
    So people......WHEN?
    D80|MB-80|SB600|Tamron 17-50 f/2.8|Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
    flickr:vhappy:

oh, im planning to head down to the botanical gardens this sunday morning (24/02/08) if anyone cares to join me.

havent been there for YEARS so im thinking of doing a couple of hundred snaps to end the weekend! :-)

lemme know (96887815)

Anyone keen for a Tuesday nite trip to Gelare's at Siglap to meet up? Indicate which Tuesday u're not available pls. Sorry, it has to be Tuesday cos it's half-price waffles and i'm cheap!

And to those with the wild thoughts of girls in Bikini's at SKI360. I'm afraid I have bad news - there are very few bikini girls there. Mostly none. If u're lucky on the weekend, maybe you can spot one.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Anyone keen for a Tuesday nite trip to Gelare's at Siglap to meet up? Indicate which Tuesday u're not available pls. Sorry, it has to be Tuesday cos it's half-price waffles and i'm cheap!

And to those with the wild thoughts of girls in Bikini's at SKI360. I'm afraid I have bad news - there are very few bikini girls there. Mostly none. If u're lucky on the weekend, maybe you can spot one.
    eh..coffee shop next to siglap centre even cheaper! LOL not sure they have waffles there kekeke speaking of which, the gelare outlets are ALWAYS packed on tuesday. good thing i finish work at 3pm so we can go at 5pm lah! hehehe

im free every tuesday anyways if y'all wanna "get together".

how about night shots? anyone wanna go tripod trotting and all in town one of the weekdays between 6-7...just before it turns dark + when it turns dark too! that spot in front of the fullerton hotel is kinda nice. havent done it so would like to

anyone interested to go SKI360 on 1 March, 9am?? we have been talking about it....

if your proposed tuesday gathering is confirmed, pls post the time. i shld be able to make it from 3pm onward.... i really am looking forward to meet with photography enthusiasts to learn and share....

Quote Originally Posted by ronny View Post
    anyone interested to go SKI360 on 1 March, 9am?? we have been talking about it....

if your proposed tuesday gathering is confirmed, pls post the time. i shld be able to make it from 3pm onward.... i really am looking forward to meet with photography enthusiasts to learn and share....
    Mr R, March 1 @ 0900 is . 10am onwards nice lighting in the area

Hopefully we'll have some "action" there

Gelare tomorrow should be good. Anytime after 3pm is fine with me too :-)

Btw, i posted some photos of my weekend excursions to raffles place and the botanic gardens. carried my tripod and all that...spent 3 hours there and a sugar cane juice in the end saved me from dehydration LOL

do check it out and let me know your comments. i still have issues with WB for landscape and sky shots (too much overcast sky these days too!)

Wah... You guys like no need to work.

Anyway, can't make it for Tuesday as i'm currently in ICT. 1 March sounds good but doubt there would be action due to another event taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneal79 View Post
    Mr R, March 1 @ 0900 is . 10am onwards nice lighting in the area

Hopefully we'll have some "action" there

Gelare tomorrow should be good. Anytime after 3pm is fine with me too :-)

Btw, i posted some photos of my weekend excursions to raffles place and the botanic gardens. carried my tripod and all that...spent 3 hours there and a sugar cane juice in the end saved me from dehydration LOL

do check it out and let me know your comments. i still have issues with WB for landscape and sky shots (too much overcast sky these days too!)

hi hi.... i think 10am's lighting is too harsh for photography.... will get blown skies and dark shadows on the face. probably evening 6-7.30pm is the best.... nice blue skies after sunset. just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    hi hi.... i think 10am's lighting is too harsh for photography.... will get blown skies and dark shadows on the face. probably evening 6-7.30pm is the best.... nice blue skies after sunset. just a thought....
    will there still be action at that hour?? what time does it close anyway?? i thought if we want to catch action shots, best in bright day light....

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Wah... You guys like no need to work.

Anyway, can't make it for Tuesday as i'm currently in ICT. 1 March sounds good but doubt there would be action due to another event taking place.
    sorry, what's ICT? what other event will be taking place on 1March? not quite in the known... will it be at the same place or similar event but at another place?

Yo!

Just a fellow Siglap-ian saying hi!

Have a nice day =)
    Snap snap away!

Oh... Hello!
    ;-)
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Anyway, if you like taking photos in the dark low-lit alleys, there is one interesting place between 7-11 and the Indian Wok Restaurants.

Was trying out a couple of shots over there.

Snap snap away!

Which 7-11?
    Btw, I like the 2nd pic.

FYI, for those interested in going to SKI360.

"Opening Hours of the cableway:

Monday - Friday
    10am - 10pm

Sat, Sun, Public Holidays
    9am - 10pm

Night skiing 7pm till 10pm everyday

Friday & Saturday till 12 midnight"
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Thanks WuffRuff.
    Its the 7-11 beside the Maybank. Nearer to Cheesecake Cafe.
    Snap snap away!

thanks, wuffruff for the info on SKI360's operating hours. i will be there at abt 9am. as there is a wakeboarding competition this weekend, there might not be many pple at SKI360. but i will just go and check it out anyway.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast