Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast / Siglap / Telok Kurau?

Default Re: East Coast / Siglap / Telok Kurau?

Quote Originally Posted by DinoSG View Post
    hi all,

i am new to this thread...infact very new to CS too...i live in Geylang east..and would like to join for any future outings..hope i live near enough to be able to join this group too
    Glad to have more ppl in the group, if you don't mind the "journey", we are ok with that. Please pm your email and handphone number to us so that we can keep you informed of our next outings.

Nikon D700 | Nikkor 18~200mm | 105mm | 24~70mm | SB800

If anyone else other than Daneal is on Flickr, pls do share/swop contacts...

Mine's at http://www.flickr.com/photos/daletan
    Does the camera really matter?
    Photos here : daletan.com and here : flickr site

Cool! I'm on flickr too!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/haechoo

or can visit my photo blog at http://www.picspirations.blogspot.com

how was the gathering yesterday?

Just to kick off the topic on finding the next shooting location ...

Does anyone fancy shooting buildings the way I do?

Somewhat like this:

Quote Originally Posted by daletan View Post
    Just to kick off the topic on finding the next shooting location ...

Does anyone fancy shooting buildings the way I do?

Somewhat like this:
    Sorry, not posting earlier, too tired out after yesterday zoo outing. I am ok with any kind of subject matters as I am trying to figure out my camera and compositions etc.....

i love shooting buildings especially if the skies are blue and especially rustic old buildings. now if only we can access the top of republic plaza, that would make some nice scenes of the shenton way area from the top though
    D80|MB-80|SB600|Tamron 17-50 f/2.8|Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
    flickr:vhappy:

Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Glad to have more ppl in the group, if you don't mind the "journey", we are ok with that. Please pm your email and handphone number to us so that we can keep you informed of our next outings.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoSG View Post
    hi all,

i am new to this thread...infact very new to CS too...i live in Geylang east..and would like to join for any future outings..hope i live near enough to be able to join this group too
    wah..your 1st post on clubsnap and you decided to post in our thread? COOL as what mapper48 mentioned, feel free to participate in any of our outings. In fact, give your suggestions too and participate in this little thread of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneal79 View Post
    i love shooting buildings especially if the skies are blue and especially rustic old buildings. now if only we can access the top of republic plaza, that would make some nice scenes of the shenton way area from the top though
    Ya, I feel the same way as you too. I do think this is possible. All we need is the president of club snap to send a proposal to the republic managment. After the shoot, we do some processing and give them selected shots from there. It may work* =X

wah..your 1st post on clubsnap and you decided to post in our thread? COOL as what mapper48 mentioned, feel free to participate in any of our outings. In fact, give your suggestions too and participate in this little thread of ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd-Hamsterlord View Post
    Ya, I feel the same way as you too. I do think this is possible. All we need is the president of club snap to send a proposal to the republic managment. After the shoot, we do some processing and give them selected shots from there. It may work* =X
    Uh ... don't mind me asking ... but why Republic? I mean, it's high and all, but I'm not so sure you want to shoot from up there. Buildings tend to look very pretty from ground up, but not vice-versa. Roofs tend to be grey and dirty. See here if you aren't convinced.

I was thinking more along the lines of walking Raffles' Place on early Sunday morning or shop houses in Ann Siang Hill, or City Hall/SRC/SCC/St Andrews/etc. ... that kinda thing.

If not, well, I can also conduct basics class lor ... just a quick one on aperture, shutter, ISOs, etc. I'm not so sure that's helpful though, since I don't know the level of competency.

is there a president of clubsnap? never heard of one...got clubsnap idol though hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    is there a president of clubsnap? never heard of one...got clubsnap idol though hahah
    I`m quite sure the creator of the clubsnap is the creator. In some location which is restricted to public. The group in charge can pm the President to write a letter for approval. One of the tread under gathering and outing actually mention about this. You need to search somewhere around the forum though. =D

Withness organize the next shooting!!! I may not attend till 17may which my assessment end. However I just do my best* =D

Why no one uppload picture of our first night shooting?? =O

Uh ... don't mind me asking ... but why Republic? I mean, it's high and all, but I'm not so sure you want to shoot from up there. Buildings tend to look very pretty from ground up, but not vice-versa. Roofs tend to be grey and dirty. See here if you aren't convinced.

I was thinking more along the lines of walking Raffles' Place on early Sunday morning or shop houses in Ann Siang Hill, or City Hall/SRC/SCC/St Andrews/etc. ... that kinda thing.

If not, well, I can also conduct basics class lor ... just a quick one on aperture, shutter, ISOs, etc. I'm not so sure that's helpful though, since I don't know the level of competency.
    I am all game for that idea. Anyway, just for your info, I was staying in Ann Siang Hill for more than 12 years. That's like my home town man, and I wanted to go back and see my old house, now converted to be an advertising office.

i was thinking of getting myself into hdr photography. saw a couple of posts of hdr images taken of raffles place from high up above the ground and they look really cool.

what do the others think? shall we have a city walk outing?

as for the basics class, very nice of you to offer as im sure we will have members who would use this opportunity. i have some handouts of beginner basics as well as photoshop basics that i can share with the rest too next time we meet.

speaking of which, i will be away for 2 weeks and will return end April. i will keep myself updated in this thread of course while im away but if anyone intends to organise outings, please go ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd-Hamsterlord View Post
    I`m quite sure the creator of the clubsnap is the creator. In some location which is restricted to public. The group in charge can pm the President to write a letter for approval. One of the tread under gathering and outing actually mention about this. You need to search somewhere around the forum though. =D

Withness organize the next shooting!!! I may not attend till 17may which my assessment end. However I just do my best* =D

Why no one uppload picture of our first night shooting?? =O
    Ok, some of the pictures that I had taken for the night shooting as well as from the zoo, your valuable C&C is truly appreciated, must be sincere, I don't mind constructive criticisms.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mapper48/

Yeah..first post after so long...actually owned a D80 for a yr plus, but my skills and experience still very jia liat...lots to learn from you guys. Thanks Mapper48 and Daneal.

Witness, Mr 6000+ Senior Member, great of you to join us in our mini shoot at the Esplanade and thereafter the 2nd TCSS in Joo-Chiat. Prata/Mutton/Tosai...1000++ calories!

Hopefully, we wont be banned from the makan place!
    Hey guys, it seems like we discuss makan more now. ehhehehehe back to topic please.

I enjoy our very first TCSS outing, I can't wait and very look forward for the next outing.

Theme : High Rise Building / Jurong Bird Park / Punggol beach sunset (choose one or opinion?)
    Date : Saturday 18 April 2008
    Time :
    Cost :
    Meeting Point :
    Transport : blomqvist (up to 3 pax)

please start here for our very very first organized outing! i need more coorporation among the members to make this outing a successful one again.
    BLOMQVIST

Blomqvist, I think you mean 19th April Saturday.
    Anyway, I'm not able to make it this saturday. Save the Punggol sunset for another day pleeeaassseee? I would definitely go if I was free. Anyway I think I might be out of action for the next 3 weeks cos working towards my finals. Then I graduate! But If there are any outings within the next few weeks and my brains are fried, I would definitely come along.

Mapper48, saw your night shots. IMHO, there isn't any proper subject for most of the shots (except for the merlion). Think it would be nicer to capture the full height of the buildings, cos now it looks very cut-off. But then again, it's just my thoughts. Good try though! The moon was cool! long zoom eh?

Quote Originally Posted by haechoo View Post
    Blomqvist, I think you mean 19th April Saturday.
    Anyway, I'm not able to make it this saturday. Save the Punggol sunset for another day pleeeaassseee? I would definitely go if I was free. Anyway I think I might be out of action for the next 3 weeks cos working towards my finals. Then I graduate! But If there are any outings within the next few weeks and my brains are fried, I would definitely come along.

Mapper48, saw your night shots. IMHO, there isn't any proper subject for most of the shots (except for the merlion). Think it would be nicer to capture the full height of the buildings, cos now it looks very cut-off. But then again, it's just my thoughts. Good try though! The moon was cool! long zoom eh?
    Hi

Thanks for the comments, you are definitely right, cos, that night was my first night shoot outing, no idea what to do, what to shoot and how to shoot it. If not for Myopia, and Witness I think my shots will definitely be crap.

The moon was shot with my 1 and only lens 18~200.

I will go back there and shoot again, but with focus point and then I post it again for all your C&Cs.

My exam end at 9May....Any outing before that is impossible for me. However will still be active in the tread. Where Myopia?? Miss his laughter. Muahahahaaahha XD

Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the comments, you are definitely right, cos, that night was my first night shoot outing, no idea what to do, what to shoot and how to shoot it. If not for Myopia, and Witness I think my shots will definitely be crap.

The moon was shot with my 1 and only lens 18~200.

I will go back there and shoot again, but with focus point and then I post it again for all your C&Cs.

important in night photography is to be sure you set the iso setting to get the shutter speed that you are comfortable enough to hold the camera. general rule is to get a speed of not less than 1/focal length.

this is important to minimise camera shake and subject blur. it is almost impossible to correct a blurred image.

if you have a tripod, better still. personally i enjoy taking night scenery just before it turns pitch black. what i try to do is to start taking photos from 6.30 right up to 8pm. you'll be amazed at the different scenes you can capture in that short space of time.

dsc0530 - For example the first picture, read up on the rule of thirds. Google is your best friend. The subject placed right in the center might not be as pleasing to the eye as from another angle. Experiment with the angles, and see how others frame their pictures.

just posted some photos of the night scenes. i didnt have time to edit it to adjust the colours so this is basically as it is.

www.flickr.com/bambam79
    Last edited by Daneal79; 14th April 2008 at 07:00 PM.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast