Page 1 of 34 12361126 ... LastLast

Thread: East Coast / Siglap / Telok Kurau?

Default East Coast / Siglap / Telok Kurau?

heya all, just wondering is there any unofficial photography clubs for those living in the east coast area (notably around siglap, east coast road, telok kurau)

would be interested to meet fellow cs members or those into photography living in the area

just ventured into this hobby for about a year so looking for fellow hobbyists!
    D80|MB-80|SB600|Tamron 17-50 f/2.8|Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
    flickr:vhappy:

Default Re: East Coast / Siglap / Telok Kurau?

I dun know of any photography clubs... but maybe we can start one?
    I live in the East Coast, near Siglap area too... about a year into serious photography too.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Yo! tats cool. yea..siglap is like 2 bus-stops from my place. anyways, email me at daneal@singnet.com.sg

Would be great to meet fellow kakis in the vicinity!

Me 4 stops away from siglap..

Is Bedok Reservoir too far? haha..Siglap /East Coast area, I can travel down from Eunos side.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian_wee View Post
    Is Bedok Reservoir too far? haha..Siglap /East Coast area, I can travel down from Eunos side.
    Well, even if you stay in Jurong, i'm sure you'll be very welcomed in this part of town! But the travelling part may just put you off! haha

Just wanted to see if there are fellow members around this area and we can organise some sort of mini-outing to explore and take lots of snaps.

photography should never be done alone as i believe that by sharing, exchanging thoughts and ideas, we learn much more and i gather itll be more FUN!

not to mention we could car-pool (for those who drive) so we can lug all our equipment! (wah like pro huh )

hi, i am @ koon seng area. want to shoot some sunrise/sunset at east coast?? or snap some wake boarding sports at east coast park....

Quote Originally Posted by ronny View Post
    hi, i am @ koon seng area. want to shoot some sunrise/sunset at east coast?? or snap some wake boarding sports at east coast park....
    hmmm...sounds like fun. i can put my tripod to good use then! So when shall we organise it? Friday, Sat?

How about 1st March, Sat? i will go check out at the wakeboarding area this sat to see what wld be a good time for shooting. there must be a good crowd wake-boarding. since i am not in the this sport, i have absolutely no idea when pple start having fun. or, unless there is a wake-boarder out there who can advise us?

Emm, I don't stay there, but that is my hang-out. counted? ;-)
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

How about 1st March, Sat? since i am not in the this sport, i have absolutely no idea when pple start having fun. or, unless there is a wake-boarder out there who can advise us?
    SKI 360 is just outside my window.
    Don't worry, there are wakeboarders there all times of the day, everyday in a week. Seriously!
    If u're going on a weekend, no worries at all. As long as the place is open, there will be lots of wakeboarders. Just go according to what time you want to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Wahh... Andy, u hang out there? At the cafe ah?
    Maybe we can meet up someday. I live 5 mins away!
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Used to at the pubs. Although after JFK it sort of sianz a bit and we moved on to Katong area le. haha.
    But still, Siglap is anytime one.
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    SKI 360 is just outside my window.
    Don't worry, there are wakeboarders there all times of the day, everyday in a week. Seriously!
    If u're going on a weekend, no worries at all. As long as the place is open, there will be lots of wakeboarders. Just go according to what time you want to shoot.

Wahh... Andy, u hang out there? At the cafe ah?
    Maybe we can meet up someday. I live 5 mins away!
    can u see the airshow from your balcony?

How about 1st March, Sat? i will go check out at the wakeboarding area this sat to see what wld be a good time for shooting. there must be a good crowd wake-boarding. since i am not in the this sport, i have absolutely no idea when pple start having fun. or, unless there is a wake-boarder out there who can advise us?
    business has picked up the past few months. i remember trying it out months ago..it wasnt easy especially when you lose your balance and fall into the water..then its a pain having to go back to shore LOL i'm sure there are lots of opportunities for shooting during the weekends.....need a tele lens

Used to at the pubs. Although after JFK it sort of sianz a bit and we moved on to Katong area le. haha.
    But still, Siglap is anytime one.
    pubs? there's legends, chevy..haha PLUS paramount so i can see why you are drawn to the area...not to mention the 5 star chicken rice place and now astons (which serves great meals and cheap prices)

what kind of tele lens wld we need? i only have a 28-105 now.... do u think we wld need up to 200mm?
    :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by Daneal79 View Post
    business has picked up the past few months. i remember trying it out months ago..it wasnt easy especially when you lose your balance and fall into the water..then its a pain having to go back to shore LOL i'm sure there are lots of opportunities for shooting during the weekends.....need a tele lens

pubs? there's legends, chevy..haha PLUS paramount so i can see why you are drawn to the area...not to mention the 5 star chicken rice place and now astons (which serves great meals and cheap prices)
    Oh Legends... I tot someone here in ClubSNAP owns it?
    APAD | Blog

Oh Legends... I tot someone here in ClubSNAP owns it?
    Is it? I know Gordon is the owner (he's a professional magician btw) but i think his son, Gavin runs the place, he's a school-mate of mine. Havent been there much these days though

what kind of tele lens wld we need? i only have a 28-105 now.... do u think we wld need up to 200mm?
    hmm...hard to say but if you do wish to take close-up shots of the wakeboarders in action, then i think we'll need 200mm...cant remember how far land is though...

... staying in siglap / opera estate area! ...

Have shot the wakeboarders at ski360 quite a few times.. made a couple of friends there as well.
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 21st February 2008 at 02:49 AM.

Page 1 of 34 12361126 ... LastLast