Thread: Beware of cheating stall in Chinatown bazaar

Default Re: Beware of cheating stall in Chinatown bazaar

eh, now is chu-san liao leh

besides someone posted this up before.

buy from shengsiong better. buy 1 whole box.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

ya..nv buy from these ppl. I bought sweets from them b4 two yrs back. They told me it's 500g and throw in a few more for "FREE" for me to "Huat".

Then ltr, i buy gua-zi from another store and i ask them to lend me their weighing scale. I discovered that the weight is only abt 350g INCLUDING the FREE HUAT sweets.

frm then on, nv buy from them liao. I noticed that this y, some stores sold at $3 per bag which is better this way.

Well, these sellers are back year after year, cos well, they know they won't be confronted! I mean, judging from the many "reports", all "victims" seem to be contented to shoulder the injustice and not create a fuss.

So what do we get year after year? Lots of happy unscrupulous sellers and lots of forum postings on these subjects

Retailers, manufacturers etc will keep on doing whatever they can get away with as long as consumers allow them to. It's evident in almost every trade/industry. Is it correct? Probably not, but until consumers make a stand, it will continue. Just look at KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Retailers, manufacturers etc will keep on doing whatever they can get away with as long as consumers allow them to. It's evident in almost every trade/industry. Is it correct? Probably not, but until consumers make a stand, it will continue. Just look at KFC.
    Erh... what's wrong with KFC?

i think he is refering to chicken parts being given are small?
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Looks like it is a case of tampered weighing scale. Have not heard of this type of underhand tactics for quite a long time.
    From what i remembered many years back, using a tampered weighing scale for commerical purposes is against the law.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    A check on the gov web site yield this : http://www.spring.gov.sg/et/2007_05/index11.html

Quote from web site :

Anyone who has bought a purchase which is short weight or suspect a retailer or trader of using instruments that have not been verified can file a report with SPRING. Please call SPRING on tel: 1800 4575033 or e-mail: wmo@spring.gov.sg with the following details:

• Date and time of purchase
    • Location of purchase
    • Product involved
    • Quantity purchased
    • Cost of product
    • Complainant's particulars, including contact number

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are affected, i suggest you approach the relevant authorities above to report the incident. Although, you might get nothing back from the incident by reporting them. At least, your friends, family members, relatives and the general public might indirectly benefit from your action by exposing the culprits.
    Last edited by bartman; 18th February 2008 at 02:01 PM.