Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: apple photo book printing now available

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    BTW, found this. Thought most of you might be interested....

    http://www.asia.apple.com/support/ph...product_specs/

    Pretty interesting, the 20x30" print.... Maybe weekend free can design poster~
    Last edited by jsbn; 13th February 2008 at 02:00 PM.

  2. #22

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    BTW, found this. Thought most of you might be interested....

    http://www.asia.apple.com/support/ph...product_specs/

    Pretty interesting, the 20x30" print.... Maybe weekend free can design poster~
    thanks for the info. not sure what is mccoy paper but its the same paper used in US.

    http://www.apple.com/support/photose...product_specs/

  3. #23

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    It has been 2 weeks since my photobook is shipped. Until today still have not seen it....

    super slow shipping....

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    It has been 2 weeks since my photobook is shipped. Until today still have not seen it....

    super slow shipping....
    Thanks for keeping us updated. 2 weeks for shipping is rather slow I must agreed, anyway, I though that this was done locally
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  5. #25

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    It has been 2 weeks since my photobook is shipped. Until today still have not seen it....

    super slow shipping....
    You should get it soon. I did my book a day ahead of yours and i got mine today. They exceeded their "guaranteed" 10 business days by a day.

    Print quality is not too good. You really need to bump up the contrast and saturation to get the colours. Think i am gonna stick to tommy prints.

  6. #26

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    It has been 2 weeks since my photobook is shipped. Until today still have not seen it....

    super slow shipping....
    Mine just shipped last week, looks like a long wait ahead then.

  7. #27

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated. 2 weeks for shipping is rather slow I must agreed, anyway, I though that this was done locally
    Don't think its done locally. Print products other than photos are shipped via DHL. Prints i think are done locally as they ship within 1 business day.

  8. #28

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by enghong17 View Post
    Print quality is not too good. You really need to bump up the contrast and saturation to get the colours. Think i am gonna stick to tommy prints.
    Wow, that's a bummer. Was your monitor calibrated?

  9. #29

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Wow, that's a bummer. Was your monitor calibrated?
    Yes.

    Looking at it again, i think its more the contrast. Prob cause of the paper they used. Its more towards matt than gloss.

  10. #30

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    i remember reading the faq on apple site. prints are done locally. books are printed and shipped from US.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Potong Pasir
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    There's another thread in HWZ, Apple Clinic. Someone already received the photobook.

    Can go take a look.

  12. #32

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    I read the thread. One of them got delivered in 9pm. And almost all of them took more than 2 weeks..... I guess I have to wait somemore.

  13. #33

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    just got my photobook today.

    The colors printed were pretty accurate. I am quite surprised how well they match my screen. The paper is a non-glossy kind of paper. Not photographic book quality, similar to magazine quality. The paper is quite thin .... so 57 pages give me a thin book.

    Waited for like 3 weeks.

    will probably do another book though as the colors are good.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by enghong17 View Post
    You should get it soon. I did my book a day ahead of yours and i got mine today. They exceeded their "guaranteed" 10 business days by a day.

    Print quality is not too good. You really need to bump up the contrast and saturation to get the colours. Think i am gonna stick to tommy prints.
    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    just got my photobook today.

    The colors printed were pretty accurate. I am quite surprised how well they match my screen. The paper is a non-glossy kind of paper. Not photographic book quality, similar to magazine quality. The paper is quite thin .... so 57 pages give me a thin book.

    Waited for like 3 weeks.

    will probably do another book though as the colors are good.

    Thanks for the updates. I guess we'll just have to do a book ourselves to know for sure. Thanks anyway.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  15. #35

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    hi guys.

    this was reported at CNET Asia a couple of weeks back already. Can check it out http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/digital...2038034,00.htm

    Cheers,
    Leonard

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by enghong17 View Post
    You should get it soon. I did my book a day ahead of yours and i got mine today. They exceeded their "guaranteed" 10 business days by a day.

    Print quality is not too good. You really need to bump up the contrast and saturation to get the colours. Think i am gonna stick to tommy prints.
    Using a glossy display?

  17. #37

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    I’ve purchased a book thru a friend that helped to design my photobook on his Mac. After 3 weeks and a very long neck, received from DHL. It's printed in USA.

    I felt that the paper used is very thin and colours are dull and lacked contrast, it looked flat but the binding is acceptable. I would rate it only with 5/10 given the price (plus courier) and long delivery. I may use them again if there are no better printers in S’pore.

    "Any places to customs made photos ablum?" Saw this thread in Photo Biz, the last few postings are very questionable. Why would 3 new members be singing praises for this Malaysian printer for their first post on CS. I would never user this printer. They seemed desperate and use unscrupulous means to resort to these sort of "kelong" postings to trout for business and influence buyers’ opinion. It also gave CS a bad name with these "credibility rating" with such postings.

  18. #38

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Using a glossy display?
    Matt. And colour calibrated. I also checked it on PC as well with the pdf file.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    Quote Originally Posted by enghong17 View Post
    Matt. And colour calibrated. I also checked it on PC as well with the pdf file.
    It's sad then. Everyone deserves better. Can you leave feedback through the iPhoto menus? If it's this bad for iPhoto, I'd hate to see the quality gap if they offer Aperture books. I suspect they chose a company which agreed to ship to all of Asia. I would think that, if they receive enough feedback, they will fix the quality problems.

  20. #40

    Default Re: apple photo book printing now available

    First i would like to say hi, as i am totally new to this forum, and to digital photography. I hope to learn more stuff from you guys.

    Yesterday i was walking around toa payoh hub and i saw this software at a road show, digibook editor which is free download www.digibook.sg

    Apparently you can make your photos into a book. This company will print the book with a hard cover and send to you. But it is not for mac, windows only.

    Have anybody tried it yet ?


    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    create photobooks in iphoto '08 and send from printing/binding.

    http://www.apple.com.sg/ilife/iphoto/printproducts.html

    pricing seems quite cheap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •