Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

  1. #1

    Default ANyone have info on better film develop labs?

    Hi,
    Looking for info on where some better places to develop 35mm colour film around. Searching forum i find answers from some timeback, wonder who knows currently good places? My local place did my last roll and look like poor quality digital effort, so looking to not go back!
    Thanks
    Last edited by jtsin67; 9th February 2008 at 10:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    Where do you live?

    I hear Grace Digital Labs is good (Clementi/Sunset Way area?). The other is Miao Laan Colour Centre, Bukit Batok st.11.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  3. #3

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    Serangoon area but will travel wherever. Thanks for the tips, searching further i see some people recommended a few places a while back, will have to give a try. Tempted to see if any skilled members willing to develop for me, the last effort in the shop really disappointing!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    i did recommend LK Photo Services sometime back but seems like everyone prefers to stick to KT etc. if you are adventurous enough you can find them at

    631 amk ave 4
    #01-942

    look for bernard.

  5. #5

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    thankyou for the suggestion, if they are available i will give a try.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farrer Park
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    KT's developing is okay, but their scanning is pretty noisy. You might want to invest in a film scanner if you shoot film in the long run. That way, you can avoid the $16.90 cost of scanning by FotoHub.
    tSkye shoots whatever comes tSkye's way... | 5D2, 1224, 16FE, 35L, 1.4xTC, 300L

  7. #7

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    i only go to grace, simon really takes care of the film especially when it comes to printing.

  8. #8

    Default Re: ANyone have info on better film develop labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by jtsin67 View Post
    Hi,
    Looking for info on where some better places to develop 35mm colour film around. Searching forum i find answers from some timeback, wonder who knows currently good places? My local place did my last roll and look like poor quality digital effort, so looking to not go back!
    Thanks
    ColourLab at Adelphi (opp Funan).

  9. #9

    Default Re: ANyone have info on better film develop labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    ColourLab at Adelphi (opp Funan).
    i havent tried them..but from past threads like mixed reviews.

  10. #10

    Default Re: ANyone have info on better film develop labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i havent tried them..but from past threads like mixed reviews.
    I've tried other labs but still prefer ColourLab. I think it boils down to preference.

  11. #11

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    Thanks for the suggestions, dropped off at Colourlab Adelphi to try.

  12. #12

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by jtsin67 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, dropped off at Colourlab Adelphi to try.
    Let us know if you share the same sentiments.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 18th February 2008 at 05:40 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    So my results quite good. Cheaper price than paid last time, asked them not to adjust, at least now I know the camera is not at fault. Overall I am pleased with the quality they produced, unfortunately it is out of the way but worth it for the results.
    Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions everyone!

  14. #14

    Default Re: ANyone have ionfo on better film develop labs?

    Quote Originally Posted by jtsin67 View Post
    So my results quite good. Cheaper price than paid last time, asked them not to adjust, at least now I know the camera is not at fault. Overall I am pleased with the quality they produced, unfortunately it is out of the way but worth it for the results.
    Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions everyone!
    Oh yah.. Their 'no correction' output for digital is great also. I always accumulate a number of images before I go there to print. So now it's either I print myself on my inkjet or I go to them (I don't shoot film anymore), so far haven't found any other labs which I like yet...
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 23rd February 2008 at 02:05 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •