Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Thread: how is the Sentosa Flowers 2008 ? anyone went today ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Sentosa Flowers 2008

    Date : 7 – 17 Feb
    Time : 9am – 10pm
    Venue : Imbiah Lookout
    Admission : Free admission to event ground (Sentosa island admission and transportation charges payable separately)

    Celebrate the season of Spring with a myriad of colours and fragrances at the annual springtime floral and botanical extravaganza, Sentosa Flowers. Held over the first eleven days of the Lunar New Year, come discover a wonderful world of flowers with unique and rare species on show at this award winning festival. In this fourth installment, experience the floral spectacle into the night with the event hours extended to 10pm daily. Also new this year are the delightful floral floats decorated with fresh flowers. Come share this magical occasion with your family and friends and bring home lasting memories of the festive season.

  2. #2
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Thanks for the heads up.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default how is the Sentosa Flowers 2008 ? anyone went today ?


  4. #4

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    To those wanting to go for this event, I advise you to go very early as the queue is very long. The walking path to the island is closed for development so you cannot walk over. This caused long queues at the cable , monorail and bus entry points. Imagine all the foreign chinese and indian workers and us locals wanting to see the event queuing there and you should get the idea. I estimated at least 1 1/2 hr to 2 hrs queuing time. I was not in the mood for waiting so gave up the idea of going in there today.

  5. #5

    Cool Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    can i ask what time did u go today?
    any idea if i drive in, will it be very crowded too?

    thx.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beserk View Post
    To those wanting to go for this event, I advise you to go very early as the queue is very long. The walking path to the island is closed for development so you cannot walk over. This caused long queues at the cable , monorail and bus entry points. Imagine all the foreign chinese and indian workers and us locals wanting to see the event queuing there and you should get the idea. I estimated at least 1 1/2 hr to 2 hrs queuing time. I was not in the mood for waiting so gave up the idea of going in there today.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: how is the Sentosa Flowers 2008 ? anyone went today ?

    i would like to see the implementations i suggested last year...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  7. #7

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Quote Originally Posted by pro_FHM View Post
    can i ask what time did u go today?
    any idea if i drive in, will it be very crowded too?

    thx.
    I was there around 12-1 pm looking for the way in. Not sure on driving in but I think you would get in a whole lot faster than the other means of transport. Traffic seems quite normal on the bridge.

  8. #8

    Default Re: how is the Sentosa Flowers 2008 ? anyone went today ?

    Very long queues at cable, especially monorail and bus entry points. Est waiting time around 1 1/2 hr to 2 hr if U go down late in afternoon. Walkway to island closed for development so queues at the above are longer than usual with locals and foreign workers all waiting to go in by the above means. I did not go in after seeing the long queues.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    I just came back from there...from vivocity, not from sentoa...didn't made it in.

    My family wanted to go there in the afternoon, so we travelled and gosh was the queue LONG. Extremely long was an understatement, the queue twisted and turn in the lobby and snaked all the way out into the roof garden area. The description by berserk comes nothing close to perfect...

    We gave up the monorail and tried to walk across, but as mentioned, the walkway was closed...ended up going home, didn't try the River Hongbao either, suspect it'll be worse!

    I took a shot from vivo at 200mm at the sentosa's merlion...when zoomed in, the merlion was crowded!!! Can imagine the crowd at sentosa....ppl mountain ppl sea.

    Maybe its just today, EVERYBODY wants to go to the exhibition at the same time...
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    I just came back from there...from vivocity, not from sentoa...didn't made it in.

    My family wanted to go there in the afternoon, so we travelled and gosh was the queue LONG. Extremely long was an understatement, the queue twisted and turn in the lobby and snaked all the way out into the roof garden area. The description by berserk comes nothing close to perfect...

    We gave up the monorail and tried to walk across, but as mentioned, the walkway was closed...ended up going home, didn't try the River Hongbao either, suspect it'll be worse!

    I took a shot from vivo at 200mm at the sentosa's merlion...when zoomed in, the merlion was crowded!!! Can imagine the crowd at sentosa....ppl mountain ppl sea.

    Maybe its just today, EVERYBODY wants to go to the exhibition at the same time...
    Shout "bomb" and the crowded disperse.
    Qoute-"The description by berserk comes nothing close to perfect..."

  11. #11

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    I think singapore has to create some fun on this island man! This island problem is too many people going to same places.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Erh... not that bad bah??? I intend to go on Sat...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  13. #13

    Default Re: how is the Sentosa Flowers 2008 ? anyone went today ?

    You going? I intend to go on Sat...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  14. #14

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring


  15. #15
    Senior Member AxeLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,698

    Exclamation Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Very crowded, just came back from there...from 12pm till 5pm.....phew!
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne/Singapore
    Posts
    1,250

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    wonder if the crowd will be lesser during the weekend

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    haha, guess i wud be going there on the weekdays to avoid the crowd
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  18. #18
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Erh... not that bad bah??? I intend to go on Sat...
    waaaaaa worried liao

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    I went there yesterday abt 2+pm. The crowd was terrible at the queues to the tickets and entry into the station. Fortunately i got Islander card so don't need to queue for tickets but the entry to the station and monorail waiting still takes abt 20mins. Coming back time from Imbiah station around 6+pm still have to queue for abt 30mins.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2008 - Tales of Spring

    Is it the event that is crowded or is it just the bus/monorail that is crowded? Makes a difference leh...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •