Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for ear/headphones

thanks for all the suggestions..

however, after several trips to harvey norman, safe superstore, courts & best denki, i'm still unable to find the sennheiser mx500 earphones leh.. are they oni available at hung brothers in sls? is there anywhere else that i can get it?

and is $35 a reasonable price to pay for the earphones?

Originally posted by Linkster

and is $35 a reasonable price to pay for the earphones?
    of cos! how cheap do u want, it is value for $$....i will get it if i have not tried E-888 before

Originally posted by Wai
    of cos! how cheap do u want, it is value for $$....i will get it if i have not tried E-888 before
    no la.. it's juz that after going to so many of the abovementioned shops, i keep seeing those sony earphones which costs oni $16-$19.. and still cannot find the MX500.. so was quite disappointed lor.. dunno if it's worth the time/effort/money to get the MX500 in the end or not..

no la.. it's juz that after going to so many of the abovementioned shops, i keep seeing those sony earphones which costs oni $16-$19.. and still cannot find the MX500.. so was quite disappointed lor.. dunno if it's worth the time/effort/money to get the MX500 in the end or not..
    You can get the MX500 at Best Connections at Around $35.

I just saw it in Bishan Junction 8 Best Connection

B&O earphones selling at $175 on SIA in flight service thats $15 cheaper than the B&O shop.

Default 3 years warranty?

Does the B&O inflight sales earphones come with a 3years warranty?

Default Re: 3 years warranty?

Originally posted by ydanz
    Does the B&O inflight sales earphones come with a 3years warranty?
    I am not sure, but B&O at Singapore does not offer 3 yrs warranty anymore. Cos they told me that there are some customers who damage the earphone intentionally after 2yrs++ in order to get a new one.

Default Re: Re: 3 years warranty?

Originally posted by morganoh
    I am not sure, but B&O at Singapore does not offer 3 yrs warranty anymore. Cos they told me that there are some customers who damage the earphone intentionally after 2yrs++ in order to get a new one.
    So now its 1 year warranty? At the same price?

I desperately need to re-terminate my 888s to SP version...
    Listening to MP3s on my Clie is getting into a messy and tangly affair....

Anyone knows where to reterminate this?? Except for the SLT shops....
    Anyone interested in a 888LP version?

Does anyone know where i can get the Sony MDR-7506 & 7509 Professional headphones? don't think the Sony shops sell it.

You can check out Hung Brothers at SLS level 3 (i think), it retails for $199 but you can bargain with the salesperson there. There's a guy there called Richard who is quite friendly.

The 7506 is also known as the Sony V6...it's a very good pair of headphones. Excellent choice.

thanks! been using a borrowed pair of 7509 , it's really one of the best i've ever tried. Good high and low bass range, unparalleled clarity. A bit too big to bring out though, so though the V6 would be a perfect choice.

for those who are looking for a headphone with good value and great sound, you could try the Sennheiser HD497. i been using it for almost a year now.. and its been great great great.. hahha... costs about $99, i think... can't remember....

hey Linkster

was at SLS yesterday afternoon and I was at Hung Bros to check out the MX500. Now retailing for $33.90.

Sorry for digging up this old thread. I am looking at buying the Sennheiser HD 580, and the price from Amazon is US$179 before tax, shipped free in US.

Can anyone advice on the price of these headphones in Singapore?

Thanks!

Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

iirc, the HD 580 has been replace by the HD 600 which has been replaced by the 650. US$179 before tax for the HD 580 does not seem worth it. iirc again, the HD 600 is about S$400 or thereabouts here.

Regards
    CK

HD 650 and HD600 are 2 very different pairs of headphones. HD600 is more laidback, wherelse the HD650 is much more dynamic. For those who find the HD600 too slow for your taste, the HD650 might work better....me ? I prefer my Grados anyday hehe :-

Thanks for the feedback!

I read that HD580 and HD600 are essentially the same except for the casing and the headband.

They both use the same drivers and cables; HD580 has plastic casing while HD600 uses carbon fibre casing; HD580 uses plastic spring in the headband while HD600 uses stainless steel spring in the headband.

With the money I am willinfg to spend (<US$200) I think the HD580 gives the best value.

HD650 seems to be the best headphones money can buy, but at US$449 this is way beyond my budget...plus my ears may not have been trained enough to tell the difference.

Alternatively I can go for the HD280, which is sealed design. www.headphone.com rated it as the best sounding sealed headphones. Price at Amazon is US$79 while the MSRP is US$199. This is even better value for money, and I can cary it with me for travelling if I can find the space in my bag... . Any experience on HD280 to share?

Thanks!

Roy
    Last edited by roygoh; 30th June 2004 at 01:32 PM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

earphone is considered non-critical piece of equiptment. so, just anyhow buy a reasonably decent one can already =)

Deregistered

None of you have heard of etymotic earphones? These are really the best.

Etymotic is a manufacturer of hearing aids and branched out into audiophile earphones some time ago.

I own a pair of ER-4P's (driven by a Corda HA-1 headphone amplifier). The sound from these little babies rivals that of my rather expensive home hi-fi setup. The earphone sits inside your ear canal and has little rubber flanges that almost completely block outside noise. These flanges are so effective that my phone could go off next to me and I'll JUST be able to hear it.

How much? Don't ask ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast