Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected cruelty

Default Re: Unexpected cruelty

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    bs there've been cases where people have been charged for animal cruelty.

The point Im trying to make is why not just prevent the abuse from taking place in the first place by keeping your pet indoors rather than to cry murder after that? It's really too late by then right? And seriously all the comments of what should be done to the person who did this? Is it helpful? I dont think so.....

Incidentally for those rare cases where someone has been charged and convicted, there are thousands more that go unreported or reported but not action taken.

Well, I do not intend to prison my cat because of a mentaly deranged neighbour.

To the contrary. I will let her go freely and make sure I catch the culprit on tape.

Then it is up to him/her to do the explaining to the right authorities.

When you kid gets bullied at school do you protect him and keep it at home, or do you tell him to stand for himself and get the bullying stopped?

Cat are protected by law, they are free to roam as it is a natural thing for them.

I live in a landed property with few houses in my neighbourhood. I have a pretty good idea of who the culprit could be. It is just a matter of time before I catch the "auto censorship".

The profile is someone that wakes up early and that does not like animals. I already know someone like that. In fact, that very someone does not talk to us since the accident and is shying away anytime he/she sees us. Not too difficult to imagine the reason why the person feels unconfortable.

My cat has not passed motion or urinated in 5 days. We are very worried that this may lead to internal complications and that we may have to put her to sleep.

If my cat dies. I will not hesitate and talk to the person directly to just inform her that my cat died. Just to read her face. I will not confront her and accuse her but, I will keep a 24 hour eye on her.
    Last edited by Loupisk; 5th February 2008 at 04:17 PM.
    Even if I do not agree with you, I will always fight for you to have your say.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupisk View Post
    Well, I do not intend to prison my cat because of a mentaly deranged neighbour.

To the contrary. I will let her go freely and make sure I catch the culprit on tape.

Then it is up to him/her to do the explaining to the right authorities.

When you kid gets bullied at school do you protect him and keep it at home, or do you tell him to stand for himself and get the bullying stopped?
    in sg context, yes, many parents will say "You are not stepping out of this house for a month until the bully simmers down!"

but I know I'll tell my kid, "You got whacked? you loser, go train up more"
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Great news !

My cat just passed motion. This means that there is hope for her now !

Arrow Re: Unexpected cruelty

Thank god.

Happy to hear the good news. Hope full recovery is near.

Not right to keep the cat indoors, because it is not her fault. Good analogy of a kid being bullied - the solution is not to keep him at home for good. The problem is with the person, not the cat.

Anyway, I have cats coming into my garden and leaving stools behind. Of course angry lah, but all I would do is to chase them away. Cannot imagine cutting them apart.

BTW, I am a "dog" person, but that does not mean that I need to hate cats.

tsjcsl, so happy until post 3 times...

hip hip hooray x3... lol...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

oh ya, btw...

lol... i love cats more...

strangely, most girls dun like cats, and prefer dogs...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    tsjcsl, so happy until post 3 times...

hip hip hooray x3... lol...
    Aiyo, system hang lah. Press, press, press nothing happened. Then 3 posts, so pai seh.

(now deleted 2, looks better?)

I also like cats. I hate it when I see these kind of cruelty.
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

You can't "jail" a cat. They are meant to roam free.

Unless it decides not to wander out by choice, like my friend's cat. You'd need a shovel to pry him loose from the carpet! It's quite contented staying within the walls of the house.

Good to hear about the motion.

(Gosh, that sounds weird)

If you need, I'm sure the brothers here wouldn't mind staking out your neighbourhood with super big lenses. =x
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by Loupisk View Post
    Great news !

My cat just passed motion. This means that there is hope for her now !
    Hi, so glad to hear this. However, there're methods to let your cat pass motion. One way could be to stroke her rectum area to make it flow out, same for urine.

All the best to your cat.

"imprisoning" your cat actually has the added benefit of extending your cat's life *due to you controlling what it potentially can and can't eat*, and also reduces the odd risk of them being runned over by cars. I'm not for it, but there are moot points for doing it as well.

Very very cruel act. Seeing those photos made me cringe.

Things went bad to worse.

The wound, that from the outside seemed dry and clean, started to open and inflamation spreaded.

Her tail that was paralysed stated to show clear signs of gangrene.

So we have been this morning to the vet to re-assess the situation.

We came to a sad conclusion and we put her to sleep.

I must say that this is a very sad day but ...... I was feeling even worse seeing her in such a state specially when we had to clean her wound.

At least there are no more suffering for her.

Big thks to all of you for your kind messages of support.

sorry to hear that. Maybe you could cover the cat with red cloth or sth, let it avenge it's predator (they believe it works for humans, don't know if its also for cats) lol.
    But seriously, I hope the authorities nab the culprit soon. Last time it was bout setting fire to cats, now this... sick people.

Loupisk, I am so sorry to hear that, but if it's any consolation, your cat is now at peace and not suffering anymore. Again, I am sorry.

Time to pay back at the culprit and never stop making them pay!

Arrow Re: Unexpected cruelty

Sad to hear that the cat had to be put down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast